The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2019, 09:52:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 09:52:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gemstones/Minerals/Crystals ~ Which are you most drawn to?  (Read 15968 times)
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: May 31, 2007, 02:28:14 am »

I'll go with that (minus the beach - different geography).  "Fancy rocks" are all well and good, and there are some I like better than others, but my real soft spot is for ordinary rocks and how effective they can be... even with nothing more high-falutin' in them than interesting stripes, or bits of mica.

I've found really cool stones in my driveway gravel.  I'm very easy to please.  Wink

Brina

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: June 01, 2007, 08:03:39 am »

Me too!  I found a really cool white crystal rock in the shape of the eye of horus in my driveway right after I moved!

I like my crystals, and use them for helping to clean really blocked chakras when I do healings, and I LOVE turquoise.  It is ME.  I have read that turquoise is a healer's stone, which makes sense, since I am one!  Of course I like turquoise Anything!  Half my wardrobe is turquoise colored.

Gina

I've found really cool stones in my driveway gravel.  I'm very easy to please.  Wink

Brina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Purplewitch
Adept Member
Last Login:August 03, 2009, 02:04:40 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: kitchenWitch with Celtic Condiments

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #17: June 13, 2007, 11:46:09 am »

Brina

Hehe me too - the exception being amethyst - I find it very hard to resist amethysts, in any shape or form.

Annan
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 19, 2011, 08:53:09 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Reaping Souls for the Dark God

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: June 13, 2007, 02:07:20 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

I love plain old stones I find in streams. There's just something that sucks me in at the look and feel of a stone shaped by water.  I have helped my parents haul many a stone out of a stream bed for foot paths and decoration around their home.  And there is nothing more beautiful to me than a large dark rock stained by its environment and with bits of moss and lichen growing on it.  *sighs dreamily* 

I also am a fossil fanatic.  Shale fossils are quite common in my southwestern area of Pennsylvania USA, and I have many pieces of shale with plant fossils (some with fossils on both sides) decorating my bookshelves.  When traveling, I often observe rock formations and wonder what fossils might be hiding there. 

Personally I wear a solid jade bracelet but only because it was a gift.  Otherwise I wear gold or silver jewelry with no stones or gems other than the diamond in my engagement ring.  Shiny things don't fascinate me.  teehee
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:12:45 pm by Annan » Logged

Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.  ~ Norman Cousins

WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: June 14, 2007, 12:54:55 pm »

Lapis helps unblock communication and self expression, and helps creativity manifest.

NOW you tell me! Cheesy  I was having trouble getting my writing going strong until the other day when I changed my associations with the stones in my mojo bag.  Lapis went from "Prosperity" to "Persuasion;" another stone that just about leapt into my hand is "Prosperity."  Now I'm writing 2-3 pages an evening.

Groovy, man. Smiley

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #20: June 14, 2007, 01:50:45 pm »

Brina

Yeah *g* it is not so much what value the stone has in other peoples eyes but what it means to you.
I like 'normal' stones too.

Concerning the starting thread - I can't say I have a kind of all-time-favorite, clear crystal is always within reach, I love my sugilithe, ocean jaspers are just wonderful, Amethyst, smokey quartz - I love them all Wink

It is a question of the current situation - often I wear a certain stone for two weeks in a row and then it rests on the shelf for months, so it always depends. At the moment all my obsidians are close to my bed - the make dreaming somewhat - err - special Wink

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: June 15, 2007, 09:32:41 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

I have lots of stones and love them all for different reasons.

But I have very recently been *excrutiatingly strongly* drawn to seraphinite, petalite, and imperial topaz, with a secondary pull toward amethyst.

I *think* it has something to do with me need and attempts to communicate with deity.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Justitia
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 11, 2007, 05:51:44 pm

Religion: Unitarian Universalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: June 15, 2007, 10:24:29 pm »

(and include a little information about your favorite if you'd like)

I have gone through a few phases, though they feel more along the lines of a craving.  However I think cravings are your "subconscious" way of getting what you need ie if you are craving avocado maybe there is a quality of avocados that your body is lacking ect.   

For most of my life my stone of choice was amethyst, it is my birthstone and I really liked it, it had power and intelligence. 

For a few years, Lapiz Lazuli was a little less traditional, more earthy and I feel more sophisticated, seeing quality where others might not think to look.

Lately I have been drawn to Jaspers, picture jasper, ocean jasper, I like Jasper.  Again back to my theory of cravings.  Jaspers represent the "be true to yourself, even if it is going in the face of everyone else."  I am at a point in my life where I am really becoming immersed in the legal world, which I absolutely love, but there is a certain amount of conforming that I am doing (I hate business dress, I don't want to be alternative or a slob, I just want to be comfortable, but that isn't going to happen for a female in a traditional business office), there are other cultural things too, about keeping my mouth shut for reasons other than not having anything to say, a big leap for me.  So with the jasper I  am a little rebel (I know that word got a thrashing in another thread, but it is a "small r" rebel) and I keep a piece of jasper in my pocket or my purse to say "I'm still me" even if I am not acting *exactly* how I want to act.     
Pythiana
Apprentice
Last Login:December 04, 2007, 03:22:01 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Under Construction

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: June 20, 2007, 10:44:20 pm »

I love random stones that I've picked up at different beaches throughout my life.  There are a few rocks that I've picked up in the yard from my grandma's house that I've kept for over a decade just because they spoke to me for some reason.  I also love amethyst, moonstone, rose quartz, and hemetite.

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
semperfemme
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 10, 2010, 10:57:11 am

Religion: Hellenic Polytheist Reconstructionism

Ogen van Verschuldigd

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: June 22, 2007, 05:05:34 pm »

I have always been most drawn to Fluorite.  I've got a nice sized, polished fluorite stone that I have had for 10 years or so now and when I first got it, it was simply because I was browsing through baskets filled with colorful, shiny, some polished, some sparkly, some porous, some raw, some large, some small... stones!  And I just kept coming back to the fluorite... it fits in the palm of my hand and is mainly clear or milky white with fingers of both pale green and violet working their way through.  So, first I bought it and THEN I learned a little about it.

It does seem to bring about a comfortable, calm, and focused feeling when I hold it or meditate with it -- I have kept it in a pocket while journaling before and when I was in school I occasionally packed it into my backpack and took it with me. 

I love it when I buy something that appeals to me spiritually and then learn later on that it has deeper levels of signifigance than I initially thought.

I've always been drawn Amethyst. Even as a young girl, I'd buy samples of theis stones and attempt to hold on to them for as long as possible. They'd eventually disappear at school or at home, but my mom would say that they just found other homes. LOL!

Fast forward a few years and I discover that Amethyst has strong links to Dionysus, one of the dieties I consider myself "close" to. Couple that with it's use for dream and psychic work and it seems to meld well with me in some way. 

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it. "- Malcolm X
ant
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 18, 2010, 06:44:50 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: no subscriptions

no ant pic =(

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: July 04, 2007, 07:03:47 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to...
There are stones/crystals which I am drawn to, but it depends on the need at the time, If i want a calming stone I will hold a sodalite for a bit, if i want some energy I would hold a citrine or a carnelian.

One of my fave stones is a shattuckite pyramid which is really grounding but at the same time I find it deeply spiritual.

On the flip side there are crystals that seem more to have been drawn to me rather than me to them, forinstance I was in the desert in egypt once and I was looking around the floor on the off-chance that i might find and interesting stone or somthing, and low and behold I found what appeared to be a small tooth on the floor, but on closer inspection turned out to be a dog-tooth calcite crystal! bonus!
later that day i found another of my fave crystals which is a pure calcite crystal, again randomly on the floor of the eastern desert.

The first crystal I discovered was this huge block of amythist (my birthstone) on the window ledge of my new flat, dont know how it got there.. didn't see it when I viewed the place, but that was what started me collecting crystals and using them for healing.

I often give crystals away to people cuz I've collected so many now, when the right situation arises I just kinda know which one to give to who and what to tell them about it, how to look after it, where to put/where it etc,

My other fave crystal was one I found in this old 18th century house that had burnt down,  just when I was getting into crystals I found a cool little shop in kew, I think it was called the tree of life.  anyway, bought a couple crystals from there and the next thing i know it has shut down and im photographing the house of the guy who owned the shop's mum..
Part of my job is to photographer of houses, and this one needed to be shot, and in the ashes I found a bunch of crystals, I gave them to the mum of the shop owner and she returned from her sons room (he was really down and ill) with a couple of crystals (one totally black) which after a good ol' clean up turned out to be some really amazing stones, which had internal cracks from the heat damage inside, a real symbol of survival after a drastic change,

I do like crystals Smiley

Julea
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 05, 2009, 11:24:16 pm

Religion: none of the above

taffy junkie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: July 13, 2007, 02:16:33 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally? 

My absolute favorite stone is malachite. I have a little piece carved into a heart shape that I carry with me a lot. I didn't know about its properties when I bought it, only that it was the prettiest green color. And the striated shades mesmerised me. Gorgeous.

Info:
This powerful healing stone works to heal the heart as well as the body. It is further used for money, love and for centering and balancing. It enhances our ability to nurture all Life. Use it to manifest prosperity into your life and to open your heart to others. Malachite is one of the few stones that can be used to clear and activate all Chakras. It has wonderful healing properties, and because of the high copper content of the stone it has a very steady pulsing electromagnetic energy field. It absorbs negative energy from the auric field cleansing it, thus balancing the wearer and protecting them from the effects negative energies. It is great for increasing ones concentration skills and is quite beneficial to ones physical, as well as psychic, vision. Malachite helps to find a balanced path between the desires of ego and of our higher Will, aiding us in removing blockages and inspiring us with ideas which will help to manifest those goals.
http://www.serioussilver.com/gemstone_crystal_lore/magick_of_gemstones_m.html

On the other hand, I love the pebbles I pick up from rivers or beaches that are smoothed by the waves or current. They seem to have a serene, lulling sort of energy about them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:20:43 pm by Julea, Reason: spelling » Logged

Holy short attention span, Batman!
Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: July 13, 2007, 02:33:13 pm »

Quartz crystals have always been a favorite for me. My altar is filled with quartz points and clusters.
Other stones like citrine, flourite, ametrine, amethyst and so forth attract me as well.
However when I was little I also was attracted to agates..particularily the ones with well defined layers. But nowdays I like stones that I can see into.

Someday I would really like to get hold of a nice piece of sapphire..one I can see into. But that would be quite pricey so that will have to wait.

KatAutumn
Apprentice
Last Login:April 17, 2015, 04:48:54 pm

Religion: Eclectic Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: July 13, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »

When I was thirteen, my aunt bought me a Hematite band. I wore it on my finger every day all throughout junior and senior high school. Even though Hematite is an iron ore, not a "gemstone", I still feel a strong connection to it. I have Agoraphobia and have suffered with anxiety attacks since I was ten. One of the magical properties of Hematite is protection from stress and nervousness.  I keep Hematite on my altar to ward off negativity. I have spent so much time holding my Hematite stone that it gives off tremendous energy. If I have to travel a long distance, I carry my Hematite in my purse or pocket. If I begin to feel anxious, I'll rub it between my fingers. So, for me, I feel most drawn to Hematite.  Smiley
Sojourner
Apprentice
Last Login:June 22, 2015, 02:23:23 pm

Religion: ecclectic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: July 16, 2007, 01:17:58 pm »

I love moonstone because of it's feminine connection.  It's just always spoken to me, almost like a facet of myself.
More recently, I've been using more quartz crystal because of the association with nursing mothers and it's ability to regulate milk supply.  As a nursing mother and a person who creates things for other nursing mothers, this is one of my favorites right now.  I prefer the ones with lots of cracks and flaws, I think because that's how I see myself! Cheesy

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)