The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 29, 2020, 02:32:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2020, 02:32:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gemstones/Minerals/Crystals ~ Which are you most drawn to?  (Read 16753 times)
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: July 16, 2007, 02:05:35 pm »

I prefer the ones with lots of cracks and flaws, I think because that's how I see myself! Cheesy

That's an interesting concept, matching the stone to how you perceive yourself. My first inclination, other than a stone that seems to naturally attract me, would be to pick as perfect a stone as I could find. Now that you've said that though, I think I like that idea. Smiley

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Sojourner
Apprentice
Last Login:June 22, 2015, 02:23:23 pm

Religion: ecclectic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: July 16, 2007, 06:58:38 pm »

That's an interesting concept, matching the stone to how you perceive yourself. My first inclination, other than a stone that seems to naturally attract me, would be to pick as perfect a stone as I could find. Now that you've said that though, I think I like that idea. Smiley

I used to feel that way.  I had to find the stones that were most "perfect"  But that was when I was way less comfortable with me.  Now I prefer just whatever speaks to me.  I find I have a lot of feeling wrapped up in my stones!  Wink
Meritsekhmet
Journeyman
Last Login:January 18, 2011, 04:47:40 am

Religion: Eclectic Kemetic with Native American shamanic leanings
TCN ID: merisekhmet

Anpu made me do it.

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #32: July 24, 2007, 05:14:58 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

I'd have to say Fire Agate.  And it's uses were quite difficult to find (I've only found it in two books).

Fire Agate has a deep calming energy that brings security and safety. It is a protection stone with strong grounding powers.

Fire agate links to the fire element and is used as an aid to improve sexual activity, stimulating vitality and opening the base chakra.

Hold a fire agate to inspire inner knowledge to emerge in the resolution of problems. It also helps in overcoming addictions, and other destructive desires.

Fire agate is said to represent absolute perfection. It instills spiritual fortitude.

On a more personal note, my first Fire Agate was a necklace that was passed down from my great-grandmother to my grandmother and now to me.  My greatgrandmother was the one who had made the necklace and set the Fire Agate in the pendant.  So I hold it very near and dear to my heart since it is the one item that has been passed down to me like that.

Dork of Massive Proportions
Devin
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 01, 2007, 01:22:47 am

Religion: Gnostic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: July 25, 2007, 12:06:05 am »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?  Smiley

For me, it's amethyst, and I'm not exactly sure what the reason why is. One might assume that it's because I like purple, but that's not entirely the case (it's true, but not the reason that I'm attracted to the stone).

An interesting story about this, and a bit of a "tag on" if you will...

I lived in England with my ex-husband for three years (my son still lives there, as he's an English Citizen, but doesn't have duel citizenship). A friend of mine, who was also deeply pagan, gave me as a gift a small Amethyst pendant. I wore it all the time, but, like many pendants that I wear, the chain broke. Oddly enough, I'm known for losing the pendant but not the chain as well! Pentagrams simply *will not* stay around my neck most of the time!

I had gone weeks without it, and then, one day as I was coming home from shopping, I went up my front walk, and there it was! Not obscured at all, but sitting right on the walkway, as though it had been placed right there for me! How wonderful!

And my side note, not related to the topic, but to my story above...

When I was fifteen, I received my first deck of Tarot cards. It was the Hansen Roberts deck (my favorite to this day). When I was nineteen, it was stolen by a "friend" of mine. I was heartbroken, and at first didn't seek to replace it, as I was planning my move to Britain. About a year after I moved, I was exploring a small shop disguised as a "new age" shop but which was jointly Druidic and a bit of an "adult" shop (if you get my drift). I was browsing through their selection of Tarot cards, and I found a Hansen Roberts deck, used. I immediately purchased it without further thought.

When I got the deck home, I got it out and began working with it. Not only did I connect with the deck with a speed that I've never before experienced, but I noticed something unusual -- some of the cards in the deck that had been stolen were "marked" from shuffling. *The exact same cards on this deck were marked.* It was mine! It had found me across an entire ocean! How incredible!
lilacgoddess
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 11, 2007, 11:37:51 am

Religion: Pagan, spiritual seeker

"Follow my lead, not my footsteps."

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: July 26, 2007, 09:59:34 pm »

*Excited* Hmmm, my favorite subject aside from oracles. Please don't ask me to love just one, for each speaks it's own story, and each sings it's own song! All are useful for information, love, comfort, healing, communication, etc. They were The Gods gift to Mama Earth, and for that she gave them the duty of retaining the knowledge of the ages, in which they, in their way, impart to us. Ohhh, to choose just one, LOL! Cheesy Grin.

Truly though, if I had no other choice, I would choose the Larimer stone. It is really an all purpose stone, especially regarding the Lemurian times. It is water, emotions, the deep dark of mystery.

My second favorite would have to be "plain jane" quartz. Naturally they grow beautifully, with peaks of four or more. I have a Phantom Quartz with a Keyhole that was given to me by a good friend and believe me, since learning to crystal dive(note:not very good at it yet Wink), it has given me more than I could ever ask for. Also, amethyst and citrine and ametrine and celestite and smoky quartz and all the others of the quartz family. Pardon my excitement, these are my loves!

Ultimately, they are all favorites.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:02:47 pm by lilacgoddess » Logged

"Always remember who you are and where you came from, and never shy away."
lilacgoddess
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 11, 2007, 11:37:51 am

Religion: Pagan, spiritual seeker

"Follow my lead, not my footsteps."

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: July 26, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »

Truly though, if I had no other choice, I would choose the Larimer stone. It is really an all purpose stone, especially regarding the Lemurian times. It is water, emotions, the deep dark of mystery.

I apologize, my brain is on fire today and I forgot to list some properties of the Larimer stone. So here they are:

Also known as Pectolite, this stone can:
1. Assist one in releasing self-imposed "chains" in order to gain freedom from the materialistic world.
2. Stimulate a deeper understanding of being in this world.
3. Encourages precision and forth-rightness.
4. Help one to admit to guilt and brings a sense of peace in truthfulness.
5. Discourage displays of overzealousness.
6. Be used for dimensional work as well as cellular work.
7. Physically speaking, it is good for the hair and work with the feet. In regards to the feet, it can open meridians at the feet to help one see what painful spots lead to which areas of the body need work.
8. This stone is also a stone for earth healing, representing peace and clarity.
9. It can be used to stimulate the heart, throat, third-eye, and crown chakras, leading to inner wisdom and outer manifestation.
10. Allows one to see the "self" from outside personal reality, encouraging improvement in actualization of ones realities on the physical and spiritual plane.
11. It is used also for bringing a sense of serenity and messages of loving energy to other-worldly beings within the home.
12. Vibrates to number 6 and master number 55.

-Love IS IN THE EARTH, A KALEIDOSCOPE OF CRYSTALS(UPDATED) , by Melody, pages 475 and 476. copyrighted 1995.

Please note that I have not directly quoted Melody's words, however the information is hers.

"Always remember who you are and where you came from, and never shy away."
SangreLuna
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 08, 2009, 03:22:42 am

Religion: Free-thinking / Open-minded

We all must find our wings...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: July 26, 2007, 11:24:36 pm »

Which type of stone, mineral, or crystal would you say you felt most drawn to -- or most useful to you personally?  AND... why?

My favorite crystal is most definitely amethyst. It's pretty much my  catch-all, feel good aid...not to mention my birthstone. Wink

Stone wise, I really like ukanite; its earthy in appearance and feel. It has great grounding/calming properties for me.  What I usually do is pair it with rhodonite. I keep them together, usually carrying them both around in my back pocket. When I'm confused, stressed or feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack, I swirl them around in my hand like Chinese boa ding (?) balls. It's uber calming (yes, I used the word uber), not to mention gives my hand a mild workout!  Tongue 
Pixie Tales
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 09, 2008, 11:04:22 pm

Religion: Celtic Neo-Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: August 05, 2007, 12:00:45 am »

Amethyst
Started when I was little, I LOVE purple and my Grandma bought me purple earrings. I always felt drawn to Amethyst and now it stays under my pillow and helps me sleep.
WarHorse
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2012, 06:05:14 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pantheist

The little tyke.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: August 05, 2007, 07:51:41 am »

it stays under my pillow and helps me sleep.

I would never have thought of that.

I never remember my dreams - maybe amethyst or quartz of some sort would help with that.

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle.  And I've seen the lowliest unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse." - Kevin Costner as Robin of Loxley, Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves.
SearchingTiger
Apprentice
Last Login:April 04, 2008, 09:55:39 pm

Religion: Exploring Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: August 06, 2007, 01:43:35 am »

Oh my goodness! This is one of my favorite topics!

I pretty much love all my stones. They are my favorite tools, so I get really attached to them all.

However, the stones I end up reaching for the most are the basics...clear quartz, rose quartz, and amathyst.

The one I used very frequently (I wear it too!) and also my most favorite is moonstone. Obviously everyone's interpretations with stones vary, but moonstone specifically for me is a stone for cats, divination, moon magick, and - to me, most importantly - shape shifting. Moonstone is a great stone with a lovely energy.

Rose quartz however, always makes it into any work I do for friendship, romance, self-esteem, beauty....anything you need for emotional healing really!!! Its a warm, loving stone that really helps one increase self-respect and self-love, which is truly vital to anyone seeking to learn to love others! It also works well for beauty, as I mentioned, as it boosts the selfesteem and always seems to leave the person in need of healing with such a lovely glow. Its a basic, basic stone...but I have a big hunk of it....and I appreciate it greatly!

Another stone I love alot is Lapis. I just do. Red jasper often makes it into spells as well to give them a good boost.
Pixie Tales
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #40: August 06, 2007, 02:42:08 am »

I would never have thought of that.

I never remember my dreams - maybe amethyst or quartz of some sort would help with that.

Yup Yup its in a cute little cotton bag, powder blue, with little mini stars and moons and clouds on it.. id loveeeeee to find that material, a friend made me the sachet, anyway, i keep my biggest amethyst stone in there, the one i was given by my grandma many many moons ago.. i rub it now and again with lavendar oil and i have crumpled rose pedals from roses my dad gave me mixed in... it helps me sleep and when i do dream it helps keep the nightmares away..

gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: August 06, 2007, 06:54:24 pm »

Yup Yup its in a cute little cotton bag, powder blue, with little mini stars and moons and clouds on it.. id loveeeeee to find that material, a friend made me the sachet, anyway, i keep my biggest amethyst stone in there, the one i was given by my grandma many many moons ago.. i rub it now and again with lavendar oil and i have crumpled rose pedals from roses my dad gave me mixed in... it helps me sleep and when i do dream it helps keep the nightmares away..

I have been known to sleep with my crystals under my pillow.  I also take baths with them  Cheesy  They like baths  Smiley

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
SearchingTiger
Apprentice
Last Login:April 04, 2008, 09:55:39 pm

Religion: Exploring Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #42: August 06, 2007, 08:43:19 pm »

I have been known to sleep with my crystals under my pillow.  I also take baths with them  Cheesy  They like baths  Smiley

Gina

I second that motion!!!! Lately, if I am taking a bath, then I "suppliment" it with whatever stones I see fit. I think the most effective method is, however, the under the pillow charm bag. I put it literally in the pillow case so I dont whip it off the bed in my sleep.
Pixie Tales
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #43: August 08, 2007, 01:23:27 am »

I second that motion!!!! Lately, if I am taking a bath, then I "suppliment" it with whatever stones I see fit. I think the most effective method is, however, the under the pillow charm bag. I put it literally in the pillow case so I dont whip it off the bed in my sleep.

Ive never Bathed with crystals before.. wow.. im going to have to try that... Thanks..  Just use normal crytals or are they special ones? Like specifically for water? do they melt? or just toss some of the gem stones in??
Ravenari
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 01, 2011, 07:04:42 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Spiritual Animist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #44: August 08, 2007, 01:40:41 am »

I usually like stones that aren't as well known, like eudialyte and prehnite. I'm also a big fan of labradorite.

I like prehnite because it seems to assist shamanic trance state which is good for journeying. It has a peaceful, green colour to it, and it also quite grounding (I like stones around me when journeying if I need to suddenly come back to the 'real world' for whatever reason).

Eudialyte is a stone sacred to me and is important in reinforcing my sense of ancestry, it is commonly mined from the Kola Peninsula and the red flecks in the stone represent the blood of my ancestors, particularly those who practiced 'shamanism.' One earns the right to wear this stone by proving their ability in methods of soul retrieval and working / negotiating with upper and underworld spirits / demons. I have a eudialyte ring, but I still don't feel strong enough to wear it while shamanising yet.

As for labradorite, well that's not really a stone I love for spiritual reasons! I just love the way it looks and feels to me, it's grounding and beautiful, it both inspires me and keeps my feet connected to the ground at the same time. I'm a big fan of that. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)