The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 24, 2021, 12:41:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2021, 12:41:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Life's To Do List - 2010 Season 3  (Read 32262 times)
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #45: June 27, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »

And since I could hear all of you people nagging in my head from however far away you live:

http://historynhaunts.blogspot.com/

That wasn't me, but I've added it to my list of followed blogs anyway.   Wink

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #46: June 27, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »

I'm back for this season! I realized last season that I missed having somewhere to check in with how I'm doing. Smiley

Welcome back!

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #47: June 27, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »

That wasn't me, but I've added it to my list of followed blogs anyway.   Wink

When I looked on the Blogger Dashboard and saw it already had a follower, my first thought was "Let me guess, Aisling."

And then when I saw it was you:  "How did I know?"

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #48: June 27, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »

And since I could hear all of you people nagging in my head from however far away you live:

http://historynhaunts.blogspot.com/

Aww, you really do love me.  Cheesy

Followed.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #49: June 27, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »

Welcome back!

Thanks! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #50: June 28, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »

Work and Other Icky Grown-Up Stuff
1.  Keep job -- My boss said that I've been doing good just this afternoon.  He's even said that he may put me in the main kitchen sometime next week to see what I do.
2.  Save money -- going to deposit paycheck on Monday and go out and use some of the money already in there to buy new shoes
3.  Pay school the money I owe them and sign up for the internship -- Registration isn't until August
4.  Finish unpacking room -- Not yet

Writing and Other Creativity
1.  Dedicate at least one hour per week to current WIP -- I've been too fucking busy and tired...sadly it's not because of that particular adjective
2.  Outline this year's NaNo -- I have narrowed it down to two ideas.  Given how many storylines are normally bouncing around in my head at any given time, this is a milestone
3.  Write more poetry -- See Writing and Other Creativity #1
4.  Finish putting together September, Halloween and November playlist -- I think I have the Halloween one down pack.  The other two, otoh...
5.  Look into the feasibility of learning to play a musical instument -- WaOC #1 again
6.  Draw something and maybe try to break out the paints again -- WaOC #1 again
7.  Try a new recipe at least once every two weeks -- I still have time

Online Stuff
1.  Update blogs on a semi-regular basis -- sort of did it
2.  Decide whether or not I should create those two other blogs I've been meaning to start -- DONE!
3.  Catch up on the blogs I currently follow -- DONE!
4.  Catch up on the webcomics that I use to read -- Errrrmmmm....

Mental Health
1.  Read at least three two books for the sheer pleasure of reading -- One down, two to go
2.  Buy one season of any TV show I always wanted to watch but never did -- DONE!  Picked up Season One of The Tudors today.  Going to start watching it tonight and should get done with it by the end of this week.
3.  Visit Colonial Williamsburg -- I think I'll wait until September for this one
4.  Visit at least one location thought to be haunted -- Not unless my place of employment is haunted
5.  Do not murder anyone -- Not yet, but those people sure do push my buttons.....

Total goals: 20
Completed Goals: 3 (15%)

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #51: June 28, 2010, 08:27:40 pm »

When I looked on the Blogger Dashboard and saw it already had a follower, my first thought was "Let me guess, Aisling."

And then when I saw it was you:  "How did I know?"

Meh, it was a no-brainer.  I enjoy your writing and it's a common interest.

Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #52: July 03, 2010, 11:31:15 pm »

First update for the season.  It's been a busy week.

Finances, Work, and Other Responsible Adult Stuff:
1. Reduce debt by 5%. - Work in progress.
2. Find a new job.  - Work in progress.
3. Do all the things needed to keep car another year -  get inspection, make any necessary repairs, renew tags, and pay taxes. - Car passed inspection, no repairs needed.  My wallet shouted "woohoo!"
4. Limit hours at day job to a maximum of 50 per week.  - Accomplished for this week.

What I'd Rather Be Doing- The Online Shops:
1. Organize and inventory all completed pieces for sale. - Looks around at mess in craft room. No, no progress yet.
2. Reach minimum sales goal for this quarter. - Have met 10% of the goal.
3. Post at least five items per week. - Accomplished for this week.
4. Blog or other marketing at least once per week. - Accomplished for another week.

Creative, Hobby, and Other Happy Stuff:
1. Dedicate at least one hour per week to the garden.- More than accomplished.  I think I'm averaging at least 30 minutes a day.
2. Create at least 10 new things - jewelry, poetry, sewing, etc.- More jewelry pieces made this week. I've also started a crocheted baby blanket.
3. Blogging Goals: daily posts to personal blog, weekly posts to all other blogs. - Accomplished.
4. Outline novel for NaNo 2010. -I am now fairly certain about the basic plot and have started to work on character sketches.

Health and Well-Being:
1. Hit 'milestone' weight by losing 10.5 pounds. -Nope, no progress.
2. Go on three long hikes. - Nothing yet.
3. Continue to rebuild personal defenses.  - Work in progress.
4. Schedule eye exam. - Nothing yet.

Prodigal Pagan's To-Do List:
1. Update altar for summer. - Nothing yet. 
2. Do a solstice celebration ritual. - Done!
3. Add a dozen entries to personal herbal site. - Nothing yet.
4. Post three new Path Forging entries. - One down.
5. Make personal incense blend. - Done!

All Work and No Play- Fun Stuff:
1. Read three books for the sheer pleasure of reading. -Two down, one to go. 
2. Go to the local Highland Games.  -Happening next weekend, but I may not be able to make it after all.
3. Start planning for Thanksgiving getaway.  -Putting this off until later in the season. I really don't know what I'm going  to do yet.
4. Make time for being social... offline.  -Accomplished for this week.

Total goals: 25
Total completed: 2.5

Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #53: July 04, 2010, 12:35:40 am »

June
1. Bills to be paid: credit card (300) and tuition deposit (200). .5 succeeded, .5 failed.
2. Household stuff: finish hanging up/putting away my clothes; find something for me to live in in the yard (either a yurt or a trailer) -- mom and I have decided on building three small shacks for me, all under 100 square feet, because it's much cheaper than a yurt and much roomier than a trailer. Also, I get to design and build them myself. Cheesy ; go through furniture, etc, and decide what to keep and what to sell. .33 succeeded, .66 failed.
3. Read 3 of my library books.
4. Get Katz Meow off the ground. (Restaurant opening on Canada Day. I'm inventory manager/barista. OMG can we even DO this?) -we didn't open Canada Day, but we did have a successful first night for our special event. We'll be opening officially next week, I think.
5. Finish losing 20 pounds: goal 292. -Failed.

July
1. Debts to be paid: 240 to my ex before the 15th; 400 to my credit card; 100 to my dad.
2. Lose 20 pounds: goal 272.
3. Learning: finish my TEFL course; read 6 books from library and renew as needed.
4. Home life: unpack some stuff and get it integrated into my 'house'/mom's house; continue to cull things out of my life; don't strangle cat.
5. Projects: make major headway on the knit baby blanket; paint the kitchen; build shed in the yard (this means getting someone big and burly (whatever gender) to come and get rid of the spiders currently nesting in the box).

August
1. Debts to be paid: 200 to credit card; 400 to dad.
2. Personal joy: send off registration and money for Pirates and Fairies; plan for new tattoo. 
3. Lose 20 pounds: goal 252.
4. Projects: finish baby blanket; start knitting hat; finish crochet scrabble tile bag.
5. Buy books for school ahead of time, online and cheap.

September
1. School: get off on the right foot this semester; don't become bogged down with social life; don't audition for any plays.
2. Religion/spirituality: make a commitment to attend all the public temple rituals; become more active in coven; continue to be more involved in my religious life even though school has started.
3. Get mom a puppy. (Though I'm putting this in September it may happen in August; not a super-strict timeline on this.)
4. Look into joining a club other than Satyr players, Immersion, or Anthropology.
5. Lose 5 pounds: goal 247.

General/anytime goals

1. Get a WoW character up to lvl 70 and get WotLK. (Silly, I know, but it's something I can do and I want to see WotLK content before Cataclysm comes out.)
2. Finish watching season 1 of Sailor Moon.
3. Find back external harddrive and move a bunch of files to it so I have room on my computer again.
4. Keep up with the healthy lifestyle I've been doing.
5. Get my guitar fixed and retuned and start to play again.

Goals: 25
Accomplished: 2.83

11% completed.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #54: July 04, 2010, 10:28:52 am »

The update for this week...

Number of participants: 9
Total # of goals: 132
Total # goals completed: 12.3
% of goals completed: 9.34%

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #55: July 08, 2010, 08:24:23 am »

I'm still mostly on hiatus due to complete lack of motivation and energy for long-term projects, but I have a goal for this month and one slightly longer-term goal, so I thought I might as well post them here.

This month:  I've decided to photoblog for a month.  So the goal is to take at least one photo per day, edit that down to a single photo to post to represent the day (ideally having something to do with what's going on, not just a random pic, but I'll take what I can get), and post blog entries collecting the week's work on Thursdays.  (If you're interested in following along, I've just posted the first week's worth at my blog.)

Longer Term:  Time to try to cut back on soda, for the sake of my poor crumbling teeth.  My main daily source of soda is a can or two that I pack in my lunch, so that's where I'm focusing on cutting back.  I have about half a case of Cherry Coke left that a) is yummy and b) I don't want to waste, so I'll go ahead and allow myself to finish that out.  When it's gone, I'll switch to diet soda (which the dentist says is not as bad for the teeth as regular soda, though it's still not good) for two weeks.  Then I'll get myself a 12-pack of cans of carbonated water (which the dentist says is fine) and alternate between it and diet soda until it's gone.  After that it will be carbonated water all the way.  I'll still allow myself the occasional soda (but will try to keep that to diet soda, at least), but this should cut way back on my daily consumption.  I figure that process should have me on carbonated water a little before the end of the season, but I'll leave my deadline at the end of the season to give a little wiggle room for mistakes.

Who knows.  Maybe I'll add something between now and the end of the season.  We'll see.

Goals:  2
Done:  0 (0%)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #56: July 08, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »

Guts:
Guts issues are largely gone. I'm going to spare my wallet for a little while and make an appointment with a doc when it comes time to renew a prescription for my meds. So I'll remove this goal for now.
1. Meditate 9 times.--Two down.
2. Go hiking at Mt. Rainier.--Planning for next week!
3. Go hiking in Ho Rainforest.--Planning for a getaway soon.

Yarn:
1. Finish crocheted gloves.
2. Find project for the Sinister Pink Yarn. --Done!

Flour:
1. Bake something for Gillian.--Done!

Crowds:
1. Make Father's Day card for Dad.--Done!
2. Go to one knitting/crochet circle at yarn store of my choice.--Didn't make it this week. Oh well.

Books:
1. Finish Soulcraft and Nature and the Human Soul by Bill Plotkin.--Have started Soulcraft.
2. Begin First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner (and work on Wake in conjunction with it).--*sigh* I wonder if this will happen.
3. Create mini-book shrine for Brighid.

Money:
1. Save $1,000 in my Foreign Funds account.--No idea where this is.
2. Continue to look for a job in Seattle (means: 2 applications per week).--I am going to remove this goal too. I have decided that I really need to focus on my remote work rather than make getting a job here a major priority because it's really taking away my energy and time that should be spent doing the work I already have.

Total Goals: 12
Total Achieved: 3

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #57: July 09, 2010, 01:53:40 pm »

Longer Term:  Time to try to cut back on soda, for the sake of my poor crumbling teeth.  My main daily source of soda is a can or two that I pack in my lunch, so that's where I'm focusing on cutting back.  I have about half a case of Cherry Coke left that a) is yummy and b) I don't want to waste, so I'll go ahead and allow myself to finish that out.  When it's gone, I'll switch to diet soda (which the dentist says is not as bad for the teeth as regular soda, though it's still not good) for two weeks.  Then I'll get myself a 12-pack of cans of carbonated water (which the dentist says is fine) and alternate between it and diet soda until it's gone.  After that it will be carbonated water all the way.  I'll still allow myself the occasional soda (but will try to keep that to diet soda, at least), but this should cut way back on my daily consumption.  I figure that process should have me on carbonated water a little before the end of the season, but I'll leave my deadline at the end of the season to give a little wiggle room for mistakes.

::grumble::  Okay, let's change that to just "quit soda" (note, not caffeine) for the moment.  I'm ironing out the details with Hubby's help.  (More or less.  He's a little more able to just quit things cold than I am, and seems not to understand why I would feel the need to phase out instead of just stopping.  But he does have some good points.)  So...  Quit soda, details of plan to come.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #58: July 09, 2010, 02:10:06 pm »

Quick update!

Books/Words:
1. Purchase a copy of the Táin Bó Cúailnge.
       Completed. I joined with my local library (finally) and they stock every book I could ever want, pretty much, so the following few technically count as being completed also.
2. ... of the The Mabinogi.
3. ... of Early Irish Myths and Sagas + The Dictionary of Celtic Myth and Legend.
4. Hunt for more books!
5. Finish current read by Peter Berresford Ellis.
6. Purchase three notebooks.
7. Draw up a diagram of moon phases -- for reference on the odd occasion where I'm not sure.
       Completed.
8. Draw up a table detailing times and dates of moon phases for the coming year. Incorporate into calendar -- see Spirituality.
9. Same as above for tides, sunrise and sunset.
10. Other weather-related items: eg. Cloud specification chart.

Spirituality:
1. Work out a sort of calendar, choosing days for devotionals and marking other significant info.
2. Do a new meditation every day for a week.
3. Set up a semi-permanent altar.
   i) Purchase some material to cover it.
   ii) Go looking for some interesting smells, candles etc. Upgrade from just lighting a candle to something a bit more spicy?

Other:
1. Take the local map and go exploring round the countryside.
2. Volunteer at Rescuers?
3. Put up picture!
4. Buy new clothes/CDs from list.
5. Save any other money!

4 of 18 currently completed successfully.

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #59: July 11, 2010, 01:47:49 pm »

Finances, Work, and Other Responsible Adult Stuff:
1. Reduce debt by 5%. - Work in progress?  Car accident last week, hood jammed shut, don't know what the extent of damage is yet.  If it's anything more than body damage, I will probably have to buy another car.  ugh.
2. Find a new job.  - Work in progress.
3. Do all the things needed to keep car another year -  get inspection, make any necessary repairs, renew tags, and pay taxes. - Yeah, I forgot to add... don't get in an accident.  Bloody hell.
4. Limit hours at day job to a maximum of 50 per week.  - Accomplished for this week.

What I'd Rather Be Doing- The Online Shops:
1. Organize and inventory all completed pieces for sale. - Looks around at mess in craft room. No, no progress yet.
2. Reach minimum sales goal for this quarter. - Have met 10% of the goal.
3. Post at least five items per week. - Working on this later today.
4. Blog or other marketing at least once per week. - Working on this today.

Creative, Hobby, and Other Happy Stuff:
1. Dedicate at least one hour per week to the garden.- More than accomplished.  I think I'm averaging at least 30 minutes a day.
2. Create at least 10 new things - jewelry, poetry, sewing, etc.- Still working on that baby blanket; should be finished today.
3. Blogging Goals: daily posts to personal blog, weekly posts to all other blogs. - WIP.
4. Outline novel for NaNo 2010. -I am now fairly certain about the basic plot and have started to work on character sketches.

Health and Well-Being:
1. Hit 'milestone' weight by losing 10.5 pounds. -Nope, no progress.
2. Go on three long hikes. - Nothing yet.
3. Continue to rebuild personal defenses.  - Work in progress.
4. Schedule eye exam. - Nothing yet.

Prodigal Pagan's To-Do List:
1. Update altar for summer. - Done. 
2. Do a solstice celebration ritual. - Done!
3. Add a dozen entries to personal herbal site. - Nothing yet.
4. Post three new Path Forging entries. - One down.
5. Make personal incense blend. - Done!

All Work and No Play- Fun Stuff:
1. Read three books for the sheer pleasure of reading. -Two down, one to go. 
2. Go to the local Highland Games.  -Fail, didn't go.
3. Start planning for Thanksgiving getaway.  -Putting this off until later in the season. Depends on budget and what the family want to do.
4. Make time for being social... offline.  -Accomplished for this week.

Total goals: 25
Total completed: 3 (and a couple partials)
Total failed: 1

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)