The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 08, 2022, 08:11:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2022, 08:11:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Protection while scrying  (Read 6459 times)
Fyreflyes
Apprentice
Last Login:August 02, 2010, 06:02:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: agnostic

The only thing intolerable is the intolerant.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 14, 2010, 09:20:13 pm »

I would like to start scrying, but I've heard that it takes a lot out of you, and I don't want to begin without being prepared.

To have myself protected in those times, would using a rose quartz ball for the medium on top of a crystal quartz rubbing stone (the ones that have the indention on one side) would work?

Before Christopher Columbus, everyone knew the world was flat.
-Men in Black

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

worrywort
Last Login:August 05, 2010, 03:58:19 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 15, 2010, 02:18:44 am »

I would like to start scrying, but I've heard that it takes a lot out of you, and I don't want to begin without being prepared.

To have myself protected in those times, would using a rose quartz ball for the medium on top of a crystal quartz rubbing stone (the ones that have the indention on one side) would work?

Hello Fyreflyes

Start and finish your session with a simple opening and banishing ritual. books by Kate West are very helpful for ideas.
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 15, 2010, 08:45:41 am »

How and when to protect yourself depends on your own religious tradition and associations with protection. Does rose quartz mean anything for you? Does it represent protection, healing, warding, or any of those things? If not, then it doesn't matter if you've got a dump truck of rose quartz.

Also, to clarify, what sorts of things have you heard about scrying? This is the first time I've heard it needs any sort of preparation - I was under the impression it was about as "dangerous" as any other form of divination.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Fyreflyes
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 15, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »

How and when to protect yourself depends on your own religious tradition and associations with protection. Does rose quartz mean anything for you? Does it represent protection, healing, warding, or any of those things? If not, then it doesn't matter if you've got a dump truck of rose quartz.

Also, to clarify, what sorts of things have you heard about scrying? This is the first time I've heard it needs any sort of preparation - I was under the impression it was about as "dangerous" as any other form of divination.

Honestly, it was from another topic in here that was about what people use as a medium to scry. The link is: http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=710.0

(P.S. what's the website to shorten websites?)

As to the first question, I believe rose quartz is used mainly for healing; usually emotional. Also, I would use the crystal quartz worry stone its on to keep the stone cleansed, that way the rose quartz won't be overwhelmed with whatever I will need help with.

What I'm wondering if rose quartz can be used as a medium, while still healing me.  Huh Would it even be wise to put a stone to more then 1 use at the same time?

-Men in Black
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: June 15, 2010, 09:38:33 pm »

(P.S. what's the website to shorten websites?)

To shorten links? There are many. tinyurl.com, shorl.com, etc.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Fyreflyes
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 16, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »

To shorten links? There are many. tinyurl.com, shorl.com, etc.

Thank you.

-Men in Black
redrayven
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 09:34:47 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 23, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »

I can't comment on the use of rose quartz as I have never used it, but I can comment on methods of protection and preventing the draining effect of scrying, to some extent.

Whenever I do any kind of visioning work, I surround myself in a mirror ball - literally, I visualize myself inside a mirror ball that is grounded. I program the ball to reflect all negativity and only let in positive intentions. I also make very sure I am very grounded, usually doing a grounding meditation first, and always wearing a copper bracelet.

I hope this helps,
BB

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)