The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 19, 2020, 06:38:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 06:38:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Do you carry crystals with you?  (Read 6198 times)
CelticFrey
Apprentice
Last Login:August 13, 2010, 08:04:37 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 13, 2010, 10:57:11 am »

Just wondering who carries crystals with them during the day?
Do you like to have the with you even when in the house / relaxing (maybe like now)?
What stones do you carry?

Look forward to your replies.

The Universe is the dealer of energy and everyone will get their fair share.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

ravenwind
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:08:57 am
United States United States

Religion: pagan/wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 13, 2010, 11:21:10 am »

Do you like to have the with you even when in the house / relaxing (maybe like now)?

hi celticfrey .  Yes always . it depends on what feels right for that particular day. mostly different types of quartz ,and tormaline.

I also replied to your post on stone identy . didnt notice your from the UK . Maybe you could find an expert there that is what i did when i first started working with stones  Smiley
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: July 13, 2010, 11:25:28 am »

In my purse I have a rose quartz and a tiger iron.

I used to carry a piece of sodalite around darn near everywhere - it was just the perfect size and shape for me to fidget with.  But I fidgeted it away somewhere and I've no idea where it went.

I also have a bracelet which I often wear that has a big amethyst and a bunch of pearls on it.  That one connects me to my goddess.  The amber sun pendant I have is in honor of Apollo, but doesn't really CONNECT me to Him - that would require the ability to get away in the first place. Wink

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
CelticFrey
Apprentice
Last Login:August 13, 2010, 08:04:37 am

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 13, 2010, 11:30:59 am »

hi celticfrey .  Yes always . it depends on what feels right for that particular day. mostly different types of quartz ,and tormaline.

I also replied to your post on stone identy . didnt notice your from the UK . Maybe you could find an expert there that is what i did when i first started working with stones  Smiley

Hi, thanks, yea I was thinking about finding someone to ask... there's very few places up North though... maybe due to fewer believers.  Smiley

The Universe is the dealer of energy and everyone will get their fair share.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: July 13, 2010, 11:32:28 am »

Hi, thanks, yea I was thinking about finding someone to ask... there's very few places up North though... maybe due to fewer believers.  Smiley

If what you want is simply identity, you don't want a Pagan - you want a geologist!

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: July 13, 2010, 11:34:44 am »

The amber sun pendant I have is in honor of Apollo, but doesn't really CONNECT me to Him - that would require the ability to get away in the first place. Wink

Uh...  This, down to, er, the...  amber...  sun...  erm.  Great minds think alike?  Evil twin powers activate?

There's other amber jewelry I wear that serves the same purpose, most notably a ring, but the sun pendant came first and it's the most constant thing.  (Earrings come out at night, ring gets taken off for messy stuff and bathing and stuff--the pendant nearly never comes off.)  I wasn't going to respond because I'm not sure this is the sort of "carrying crystals" that the OP meant--I don't carry them for magical purposes or anything, it's just...  sort of there, much the same way I wear my wedding ring or carry pictures of my hubby and daughter around with me.  But they are stones that are usually on me, I suppose.

I have at some points in the past worn amethyst (rings or, once or twice, pendant) in hopes of attracting healing energy.  I think that's about the only time I've really "carried crystals" in that sense.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: July 13, 2010, 11:37:21 am »

Uh...  This, down to, er, the...  amber...  sun...  erm.  Great minds think alike?  Evil twin powers activate?

This one's actually a flat-out case of copying - I saw yours and lusted.  So when I saw one .. well ..... Cheesy

I actually scared the poor German shopkeeper when I saw it. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #7: July 13, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

This one's actually a flat-out case of copying - I saw yours and lusted.  So when I saw one .. well ..... Cheesy

I actually scared the poor German shopkeeper when I saw it. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: July 13, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »

LOL

It's a lot harder to get your point across when you don't speak the language .... Cheesy  Though squealing like a schoolgirl and pointing is pretty effective. Cheesy

Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #9: July 13, 2010, 12:49:57 pm »

I keep hematite in my purse, pretty much for the same purpose as Heartshadow's worried away stone  Wink. I keep a charm I made of speckled Jasper hanging around my rearview mirrior in my car. I also have an anklet that I made out of tiger's eye and quartz that I usually wear when I leave the house. I have various different stones around my house that serve dual purposes, the second purpose being decoration.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 13, 2010, 01:15:01 pm »

I'm near Manchester and there are quite a few places to go to get crystals identified.

I always have crystals on me. I don't go anywhere without them. I wear a large Bloodstone pendant and I haven't taken it off in 7 years!

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #11: July 13, 2010, 01:42:31 pm »

1. Yes, I do.
2. I wear them at home, at work, when I'm running errands...
3. Two are rings, but I consider them part and parcel to the package: My diamond engagement ring and my peridot ring (it's my birthstone). I also wear two crystals on a chain around my neck: A black onyx for focusing and a tiger's eye dedicated to my patron deity. If I leave the house, they are on. After I get dressed for the day, I'm wearing all of it.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: July 13, 2010, 02:13:20 pm »

Always.  I'm a stone junkie -- even have a geology degree.  I have some I wear/carry because they're symbols of something and others just because they're pretty or they speak to me for some reasons.

I don't wear all of these all the time, of course.  I switch around depending on what I need at any particular time.

Symbols:
*  blue opal -- Brighid -- wear all the time
*  aquamarine ring -- Brighid -- wear all the time
*  Connemara marble bracelet -- Brighid (that kind of marble is only found in Ireland) -- wear all the time
*  unidentified blue stone -- Brighid -- wear during my Cill shifts
*  green tourmaline ring -- anniversary gift from my husband -- wear all the time
*  blue opal bracelet -- anniversary gift from my husband
*  garnet set in lotus charm -- for my grandmother (I mined the stone when I was little, on a family trip to Franklin, NC, and had it made into a pendant for my grandmother; I started wearing it after she died many years ago)
*  black tourmaline -- anti-stress, anti-negativity
*  jet -- anti-stress, anti-negativity
*  amethyst -- pain relief
*  black spinel -- headache relief
*  blue apatite -- headache relief
*  Tibetan black quartz -- anti-migraine
*  green and blue tourmaline -- anti-migraine, healing for brain injury
*  fluorite -- brain issues

Just pretty:
*  blue moonstones (I have a small but very nice collection of blue moonstone jewelry -- I love it)
*  labrodorite
*  black opal triplet ring
*  aqua aura quartz point pendant
*  clear quartz
*  emerald
*  blue topaz
*  danburite

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
RootRealm
Journeyman
Last Login:August 21, 2010, 07:37:59 am

Religion: Hermetic Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 14, 2010, 10:57:29 am »

I carry a stone or stones (some are stones, some are crystals) with me if it is part of carrying out any Magic or Spell work or to work on any given intention. I don't carry or wear the same stones all the time.  It changes depending upon what I'm working on.  I also feel it's important since I"m a very visually based person, to visually take in the stone, to take it off and look at it, hold it, even draw or paint it.  I don't want to share about exactly which stones I carry or use, but I suggest looking into a good crystal book (My favorite is Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian, The BOok of Stones, Who they Are and What they Teach)  to find out more about specific ones. 

If you live according to an example, you live the life of that example.  There is only one way and that is your way.  You seek the path? I warn you away from my own.  May each go his own way....  ---Carl Jung
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #14: July 14, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »

Always.  I'm a stone junkie -- even have a geology degree.  I have some I wear/carry because they're symbols of something and others just because they're pretty or they speak to me for some reasons.

I don't wear all of these all the time, of course.  I switch around depending on what I need at any particular time.

Symbols:
*  blue opal -- Brighid -- wear all the time
*  aquamarine ring -- Brighid -- wear all the time
*  Connemara marble bracelet -- Brighid (that kind of marble is only found in Ireland) -- wear all the time
*  unidentified blue stone -- Brighid -- wear during my Cill shifts
*  green tourmaline ring -- anniversary gift from my husband -- wear all the time
*  blue opal bracelet -- anniversary gift from my husband
*  garnet set in lotus charm -- for my grandmother (I mined the stone when I was little, on a family trip to Franklin, NC, and had it made into a pendant for my grandmother; I started wearing it after she died many years ago)
*  black tourmaline -- anti-stress, anti-negativity
*  jet -- anti-stress, anti-negativity
*  amethyst -- pain relief
*  black spinel -- headache relief
*  blue apatite -- headache relief
*  Tibetan black quartz -- anti-migraine
*  green and blue tourmaline -- anti-migraine, healing for brain injury
*  fluorite -- brain issues

Just pretty:
*  blue moonstones (I have a small but very nice collection of blue moonstone jewelry -- I love it)
*  labrodorite
*  black opal triplet ring
*  aqua aura quartz point pendant
*  clear quartz
*  emerald
*  blue topaz
*  danburite

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I can only imagine how big your jewelry box is.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)