The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 04, 2021, 11:28:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 04, 2021, 11:28:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Pagan Circle  (Read 2036 times)
Earendil
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 31, 2010, 05:07:45 am
New Zealand New Zealand

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 14, 2010, 12:25:37 am »

Greetings everyone!

I am a member of a local Pagan group called Guardian-Elm Circle, and we have decided to open membership up internationally through our website. We are a group specifically for Pagan teens, though any Pagans of any age may join.

On another note, we would also appreciate anyone who may be willing to take the role of a leader within Guardian-Elm Circle. We (the founders) have only been Pagan for around two years, and we understand and respect that there are people with better experience and leadership qualities in the Pagan community. If anyone here (regardless of age) would be interested in helping run our online community of Pagan teens, please contact us and let us know - it would be very much appreciated!

We would also welcome any feedback on our site - let us know what you think!

You can visit our site here: http://www.guardianelmcircle.webs.com

Brightest Blessings,

Orion

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Lailoken
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 23, 2010, 03:39:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: Druidry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 16, 2010, 11:15:06 am »

Greetings everyone!

I am a member of a local Pagan group called Guardian-Elm Circle, and we have decided to open membership up internationally through our website. We are a group specifically for Pagan teens, though any Pagans of any age may join.

On another note, we would also appreciate anyone who may be willing to take the role of a leader within Guardian-Elm Circle. We (the founders) have only been Pagan for around two years, and we understand and respect that there are people with better experience and leadership qualities in the Pagan community. If anyone here (regardless of age) would be interested in helping run our online community of Pagan teens, please contact us and let us know - it would be very much appreciated!

We would also welcome any feedback on our site - let us know what you think!

You can visit our site here: http://www.guardianelmcircle.webs.com

Brightest Blessings,

Orion

I took a look a brief look at your website.  It looks great..well done!

I reviewed your class list offered, and it looks like what you would find in a Wicca 101 book, which is fine, nothing wrong with that.  I'm wondering what your source material is for these classes and if that source material is made known to the students taking said classes.  I'm only asking as I question what exactly a 15 year old or 17 year old can offer a student as far as teaching and mentoring goes.

When I was that age, I read every book I could get my hands on, and taught myself a system that worked best for me.  When friends would inquire about it, I would tell them about the things I have read, tried, liked and didn't like.  I showed them how I put it together in a way that worked for me.  At that age, I was in no position to teach or mentor, just answer questions to the best of my ability, share my feelings on what I was reading about/learning and by letting them know what books I was reading, let them explore such topics for themselves.

Now, I'm not saying what you're doing is inappropriate, I don't have enough details to make any assumptions.  I just hope that when someone comes to your website for classes, it's made clear where the information comes from, so they have a better understanding of your background, and that they know what their learning is what it is and what it's not, and that it's certainly not gospel.

As for looking for a leader.  Take plenty of time with this.  This should be someone who joins your site and spends a lot of time with you guys, getting to know you and vice versa.  It should be someone who guides naturally, not do it my way because it's the correct way, and also doesn't rely on their long list of titles to show all you 'little people' how expert they are.  Make sure it's a perfect fit. 

Good luck!

Corvus Calling - GirlRugger
Master Member
Last Login:April 27, 2011, 11:57:21 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Irish Celtic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: GirlRugger

Blog entries (0)

mmarieh

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 16, 2010, 11:56:25 am »

We are a group specifically for Pagan teens, though any Pagans of any age may join.

Orion

While I think that it is great that you want to create this kind of community, I think it is important to point out that not all pagans are wiccian or even dualistic, my self included. So even though you're site says it is a place for pagan teens, it seems that it is more geared towards wiccian teens. In fact you have your belief system layed out on its own page. If you truly want a site for pagan teens than I would suggest that you open your site up to other pagan religions as well. If not than perhaps you should change the heading from "specifically for Pagan teens" to specifically for Wiccan teens.

Just IMHO. Smiley

Mindy

~Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.~
                                                                               -Truman Capote

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)