The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 07, 2020, 02:22:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2020, 02:22:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook.  (Read 13834 times)
sailor_tech
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm
United States United States

Religion: Jewish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: November 12, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

How to Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, and Vanish without a Trace

apparently, if you have a facebook page, forget about it.  You have to stay offline, etc, Facebook is wonderful for stalkers, even better than stupid coworkers that hand out your phone number without thinking.

To late for me I think. Unless I can change my user name on all the various incarnations of TC.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: November 12, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »

And if you don't have one it makes your perspective employer wonder why and you're at a disadvantage when it comes to networking. I'm just really careful about what goes up there and what I say. Not just for future employment but for safety too. There's also the untag option if anyone puts up a bad picture of you.

Sorry to answer this late, but I don't think so.  I am a fifty-something accountant who's employers assume is very right wing conservative pro business.  I have never had an employer who checked up on people on facebook.  In some lines of work, perhaps, but not in mine.

AntlerandHerb.com
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: November 12, 2010, 04:24:10 pm »

To late for me I think. Unless I can change my user name on all the various incarnations of TC.

That's one of the things you have to do.  The other thing you have to do is leave TC and never come back, if you really want to not be found.  Something about changing your passions, cause people are often found through their passions.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #33: November 12, 2010, 05:06:26 pm »

That's one of the things you have to do.  The other thing you have to do is leave TC and never come back, if you really want to not be found. 

I would then be forced to go to Peter's house and kick his ass. I've known him far too long to be happy with an AWOL Peter...over 10 years...just too long. LOL

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
mandrina
High Adept Member

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: November 12, 2010, 06:54:36 pm »

I would then be forced to go to Peter's house and kick his ass. I've known him far too long to be happy with an AWOL Peter...over 10 years...just too long. LOL

ok, well disappearing does require that one move and do other things not to be found.  But so long as he doesn't need to disappear, all is good.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: November 12, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »

LOL. No, we don't want a permanently AWOL Peter. TC would not be the same.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: November 12, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »

That's one of the things you have to do.  The other thing you have to do is leave TC and never come back, if you really want to not be found.  Something about changing your passions, cause people are often found through their passions.

If you really really don't want to be found, you'd have to to move and change etc., but you'd also have to never ever go online again.  Go low tech.  No internet, no cellphone, etc..  It would be lonely and disconnected from society, but it would be the only way.

AntlerandHerb.com
mandrina
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: November 12, 2010, 09:55:51 pm »

If you really really don't want to be found, you'd have to to move and change etc., but you'd also have to never ever go online again.  Go low tech.  No internet, no cellphone, etc..  It would be lonely and disconnected from society, but it would be the only way.

actually, he says how to do the cellphone thing and how to keep contact with your family, and how to do the internet, BUT, you have to change everything that you do, only do internet in public wifi, prepaid throwaway cellphones.  etc.  So he could possibly come back to TC, but not as Sailor tech, and he shouldn't sound like he does now.

Interesting book.  I'm keeping it in mind, related to the daughter's boyfriend, there's a possibility that when that breaks up, I don't know how he will react.

sailor_tech
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm

Religion: Jewish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: November 12, 2010, 10:31:18 pm »

I'd just be looking at breaking an all to obvioius link between my TC name and other places I use a similar one. Google shows me here on page 1.
Autumn Twilight
Journeyman
Last Login:September 08, 2011, 12:06:43 pm

Religion: Pagan/unspecific

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: November 12, 2010, 10:56:13 pm »

I just did a search for a page for The Cauldron but there wasn't one.

I did one also recently.

~Dawna~

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)