The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 09, 2020, 12:05:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 09, 2020, 12:05:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How many cats do you have?  (Read 6303 times)
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm
United States United States

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: July 20, 2010, 10:53:52 am »

Just curious.  I have three (Pernie, Moe, and Beeble), and DH says that's enough.  I'd like another one, though.

How many do you have?

1 american longhair named Arthur.  Merlin died three years ago, Lancelot was a foundling for a few days several years ago.  yes we have a name thing going.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #16: July 20, 2010, 10:55:57 am »

yes we have a name thing going.

Cheesy That's where my two kittens got their names- their full names are Morgan le Fay and Guinievere. My then-bf had a cat named Merlin, and we couldn't agree on any other names!

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Lifewish
Journeyman
Last Login:October 06, 2011, 11:27:39 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: July 21, 2010, 07:08:02 pm »

Just curious.  I have three
How many do you have?

We have five, all used.  Apparently we have "sucker" written in feline on our foreheads.  All but one are basic domestic shorthairs.  There's Sidney, black-and-white, who is about 12; Pumpkin and Cadbury, orange and dilute-orange sisters, about 10; Flambeau, (or Beau, or Mickey Blue Eyes, or "Get DOWN from there!"), a flame-point Siamese, about 4;  and Dolly, a black-and-white lap sitter and shoulder ornament who is also about 4.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: July 22, 2010, 12:40:43 am »

Just the one at the moment-a black and white moggie called Kallie (Noel wouldn't let me call her Kali for some reason). I am planning on getting another at some point though.

We had an all-black cat named Kali until she died a few years ago.  My husband found her as a tiny kitten almost dead on a construction site and carried her home on a subway train.  Something  had gnawed off the lower part of one of her back legs (the vets said rats, probably).  We had to have it completely amputated because she would chew on the end and it kept getting infected.  Once it was gone, though, she was fine.  She was one of the fastest cats we've ever had, and a real climber.  She died of old age.   Smiley

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: July 22, 2010, 12:43:57 am »

She's also a tortoise shell.  I thought she was a calico, but the vet said nope, tortoise shell.  Never heard of them till then.

One of ours is a tortie, too -- Lola.

I always thought that torties were a subset of calico, but apparently (according to Wikipedia) a calico's base coat is white, while a tortie's is black.  Both have splotches of other colors.

We have 3 sisters who look like a color spectrum.  Lola is the darkest.  Roxy is sort of mid-range, typical orange, black and white calico.  And Smudgie is the lightest, with calico markings that are grey, peach, and white.

They're really beautiful.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
pageagainstthemachine
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 25, 2011, 06:14:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper
TCN ID: pageagainstthemachine

Blog entries (0)

http://www.facebook.com/p

Ignore
« Reply #20: July 22, 2010, 01:25:54 am »

Just curious.  I have three (Pernie, Moe, and Beeble), and DH says that's enough.  I'd like another one, though.

How many do you have?

Just one! HIs name is Neil Catrick Harris. We call him neil or NCH for short.
he's black and white with long fur and he's a damn handful sometimes.
he was abandoned by a very irresponsible teenage girl and i was only supposed to watch him for three days. that was in march, haha.
http://www.facebook.com/neilcatrickharris
he has a facebook because i'm crazy.

dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: July 22, 2010, 01:39:37 am »

One of ours is a tortie, too -- Lola.

I always thought that torties were a subset of calico, but apparently (according to Wikipedia) a calico's base coat is white, while a tortie's is black.  Both have splotches of other colors.

We have 3 sisters who look like a color spectrum.  Lola is the darkest.  Roxy is sort of mid-range, typical orange, black and white calico.  And Smudgie is the lightest, with calico markings that are grey, peach, and white.

They're really beautiful.

Yeah, Munkey is very dark in the winter, but summer her coat lightens a little bit, she looks like a pile of Autumn leaves!   
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: July 22, 2010, 04:05:49 am »

How many do you have?

Just one. His name is Herman, Hermie, Hermes, or Fleabag depending on the day.  Although, he probably thinks his name is Get Down, D---it! since he's not graceful at all but insists on trying to climb things. (He usually ends up with his back half hanging off of stuff he trys to jump to, scrabbling desperately to get the rest of him where he wanted to go.)  And he's at least three now, so no kitten coordination excuses.  The most ungraceful cat I've ever seen, he's jumped up on the back of the toilet and slid right off the other side.  At least once a week. Roll Eyes

He is a long haired orange beastie who has more than a passing resemblance to Maine Coon cats.  Who knows though?

He showed up as a kitten on our porch when our then-house-cat got sick and he wouldn't go away.  He moved in shortly after.  I also think my hubs and I have SUCKER written in feline on our foreheads, both of ours have been "recycled" cats.

And he's tired of getting a bath once a week but I'm desperately trying to get rid of the fleas.  Cheesy

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: July 22, 2010, 01:21:25 pm »

And he's tired of getting a bath once a week but I'm desperately trying to get rid of the fleas.  Cheesy

You could try Pert shampoo. Smiley Seriously, our dog was having major troubles with fleas and *shudders* ticks.  A friend of mine suggested Pert shampoo.  She said she used it on her dogs, it kills the fleas and keeps them off.  We tried it, dang! It worked like magic! The fleas dropped off him and after that we had no problems with them.  Well, all fur babies get their baths one after the other, so my daughter, after she washed Sammy, grabbed Tenchi and bathed him with Pert, same results. (It's amazing how many fleas that cat can hide in his fur!)  We started using it last summer (Pert) and have had no fleas since.  Not on any animals or in the house. Smiley  And it actually left their fur feeling nice too. lol
ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #24: July 22, 2010, 01:38:15 pm »

How many do you have?

Just one, our baby girl Onyx. She's a complete cuddle-slut and the object of far too much affection than is good for her ego. She rules the house with an iron paw.  I wouldn't mind having another one or two cats, but she's not had great experiences with other cats so we're letting her be an only cat. For now anyway.
Adele
Master Member
Last Login:July 09, 2011, 07:27:54 pm

Religion: Hellenic pagan

Image courtesy of iconomicon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: July 25, 2010, 12:25:10 am »

You could try Pert shampoo. Smiley Seriously, our dog was having major troubles with fleas and *shudders* ticks.  A friend of mine suggested Pert shampoo.  She said she used it on her dogs, it kills the fleas and keeps them off.  We tried it, dang! It worked like magic! The fleas dropped off him and after that we had no problems with them.  Well, all fur babies get their baths one after the other, so my daughter, after she washed Sammy, grabbed Tenchi and bathed him with Pert, same results. (It's amazing how many fleas that cat can hide in his fur!)  We started using it last summer (Pert) and have had no fleas since.  Not on any animals or in the house. Smiley  And it actually left their fur feeling nice too. lol

I'll have to give that a try.  Thanks!

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate."
       -John M. Ford, Making Light comment
Cybella
Master Member
Last Login:January 23, 2011, 10:38:37 pm

Religion: Hearthwitch

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #26: July 25, 2010, 12:42:37 am »

I'll have to give that a try.  Thanks!

Also if you just get some borax (just the cheapo laundry stuff) and put it all over your carpets get it in there good with a corn broom let sit for several hours and vacuum it dries up the eggs for like 6 months, won't get rid of the fleas immediately (but it sounds like the pert will) but it will stop them from coming back.  It also works on furniture.  I have 6 dogs and 6 cats and 0 fleas Smiley

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard, Be Evil!

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)