The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 26, 2020, 09:36:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 09:36:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re concecrating tools  (Read 2064 times)
Cybella
Master Member
Last Login:January 23, 2011, 10:38:37 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hearthwitch

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 25, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »

Since I've been back on the path I have not cast a circle, actually I've mostly read.  When I started in 2002 I never really forged my own path, I went from a coven with a leader that was um not such a good guy, to another coven that I just grew out of.

Now that I'm on my own, and at the moment liking it, I'd like to reconcecrate my tools.  I've gotten some new that have never been blessed, but some, like my athame, I just feel like I need to cleanse/bless them before using them again.

I've had my nose buried in books for months, and have found some that are ok, none quite right, and I haven't had a chance to retweak any.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas they would like to share.

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard, Be Evil!

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

stony
Journeyman
Last Login:January 22, 2012, 08:27:21 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 25, 2010, 11:03:58 pm »

Since I've been back on the path I have not cast a circle, actually I've mostly read.  When I started in 2002 I never really forged my own path, I went from a coven with a leader that was um not such a good guy, to another coven that I just grew out of.

Now that I'm on my own, and at the moment liking it, I'd like to reconcecrate my tools.  I've gotten some new that have never been blessed, but some, like my athame, I just feel like I need to cleanse/bless them before using them again.

I've had my nose buried in books for months, and have found some that are ok, none quite right, and I haven't had a chance to retweak any.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas they would like to share.

well, for the athame the way I cleansed mine was to take it into the yard, push it into the ground to the hilt, and try to focus on the earth drawing any negativity out of it.

For consecrating it forgive me, but its been a long time since i did it and going from memory.
I took some water and mixed in some sea salt, then sprinkled it over the blade.
then passed it through incense smoke, then through a candle flame.
then placed it on a pentacle disk.
All this was on a full moon.
The chant you use needs to come from you, I've never felt comfortable just repeating something from a book.

That was how i did it. Just my suggestions.

Though my mind may wander it always comes back.
Therefore i need a better hiding place.
Cybella
Master Member

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 25, 2010, 11:10:02 pm »

well, for the athame the way I cleansed mine was to take it into the yard, push it into the ground to the hilt, and try to focus on the earth drawing any negativity out of it.

For consecrating it forgive me, but its been a long time since i did it and going from memory.
I took some water and mixed in some sea salt, then sprinkled it over the blade.
then passed it through incense smoke, then through a candle flame.
then placed it on a pentacle disk.
All this was on a full moon.
The chant you use needs to come from you, I've never felt comfortable just repeating something from a book.

That was how i did it. Just my suggestions.

I'm kind of thinking along the same lines, I don't really need or want anything elaborate .. maybe a rededication would have been a better description.  I really like the idea of putting the athame into the ground, I've always been most drawn to earth and it's my favorite way of cleansing anything. 

I'm actually off work tonight (first night off on a full moon in forever) so maybe I'll go outside tomorrow night and do a little ceremony.  I have a mini altar set up in my room, so guess it's time to see how the two newest dogs deal with a circle hee hee

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 25, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »

I rarely follow rituals out of books, even back when I really didn't know what I was doing.  It just never felt right saying some of the chants that they suggested.  I remember that I did mix salt and water and sprinkle it to cleanse it (by "it" I mean my athame).  Now that I know more about cleansing, sage is my preferred method.  After I cleansed it, I just held it for awhile, and thought about my intention for it.  My pentacle I made myself out of granite, so after cleansing the raw material, I did not feel the need to consecrate it since I felt I did that while making it.  Same thing with my wands.
Cybella
Master Member

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 25, 2010, 11:22:19 pm »

I rarely follow rituals out of books, even back when I really didn't know what I was doing.  It just never felt right saying some of the chants that they suggested.  I remember that I did mix salt and water and sprinkle it to cleanse it (by "it" I mean my athame).  Now that I know more about cleansing, sage is my preferred method.  After I cleansed it, I just held it for awhile, and thought about my intention for it.  My pentacle I made myself out of granite, so after cleansing the raw material, I did not feel the need to consecrate it since I felt I did that while making it.  Same thing with my wands.

I think I'll go home in the morning and put the blade in the ground maybe for 24 hours, then do just a little kind of pass through the elements thing.  I have some other items, chalice, pent, cauldron that I think maybe the sage cleansing would be good for.

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: July 25, 2010, 11:27:59 pm »

I think I'll go home in the morning and put the blade in the ground maybe for 24 hours

Just be careful that it does not rust or get stolen.
Cybella
Master Member

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 25, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »

Just be careful that it does not rust or get stolen.

I may put it in the backyard, near the house.  It's fenced in and it will be a curiosity piece for the dogs when they go outside, if they even notice it lol.

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan
stony
Journeyman
Last Login:January 22, 2012, 08:27:21 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: July 25, 2010, 11:33:28 pm »

I may put it in the backyard, near the house.  It's fenced in and it will be a curiosity piece for the dogs when they go outside, if they even notice it lol.

Just be sure they dont get too curious about it, or they might cleans it themselves. And you really dont want that to happen.

Though my mind may wander it always comes back.
Therefore i need a better hiding place.
Cybella
Master Member

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 25, 2010, 11:36:36 pm »

Just be sure they dont get too curious about it, or they might cleans it themselves. And you really dont want that to happen.

lol they'll pretty much ignore it .. with it being so hot and one of them being almost 12 years old and one being a puppy, my roommate and I have not been letting them out much and keeping an eye on them when we do so they won't have a chance to play with the shiny sharp thing mama put in the ground Smiley

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)