The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2020, 11:06:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 11:06:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I need help (Shamanism, witchcraft, spirits/curses, etc.)  (Read 3136 times)
Lala
Last Login:July 29, 2010, 12:13:09 am
United States United States

Religion: spiritual

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 27, 2010, 01:21:29 pm »

Ok, this may sound strange .. or maybe not.

My husband was a very kind and loving man until a couple of weeks after the wedding when his ex found out and everything went upside down over night. Not only my life, but the life of my adult children also crumbled overnight. My husband became abusive to me .. little physical, but mainly emotional, mental and financial. It was too strange .. a specific date we will all remember forever when our lives overturned.

I knew the ex was involved in Shamanism, amongst other things. I know this can be a good thing but can it also be a bad thing? I had read up on it briefly and it says that people pray to spirits to assist them with their lives.

Since this happened to us a year ago, I have spoken to three psychics and they've all told me the same thing .. that she has done something to him. Too much of a coincidence? I've just had another tell me she's been putting something into his drinks and he is possessed by a bad spirit. To be honest, it makes complete sense because of the way things happened and because I'm now dealing with Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm a reiki healer and he used to love having reiki sessions. He'll still ask me to do it sometimes, but to be honest, I don't want to any more because, usually recipients are calm and peaceful afterwards, but he becomes very agitated and argumentative. That tells me also that there's something not quite right here.

Can anyone tell me about Shamanism? Or through witchcraft in general. Is it possible to do something like this to someone? If so, how do I get rid of it? I know this man loves me, but he keeps switching on me, we can't live together and are on the verge of divorce because of his behaviour.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:28:07 pm by Star, Reason: Making subject line more specific » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 27, 2010, 02:45:30 pm »

Does he believe in this sort of thing?

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
Cybella
Master Member
Last Login:January 23, 2011, 10:38:37 pm

Religion: Hearthwitch

Cybella Mathúin

Blog entries (0)

mensachick mensachickie

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 27, 2010, 02:50:18 pm »

Does he believe in this sort of thing?

Is there any history of abuse or controlling behavior in other relationships?

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard, Be Evil!

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #3: July 27, 2010, 05:37:38 pm »

Can anyone tell me about Shamanism? Or through witchcraft in general. Is it possible to do something like this to someone? If so, how do I get rid of it? I know this man loves me, but he keeps switching on me, we can't live together and are on the verge of divorce because of his behaviour.

Before you put this all on the ex and magic spells, I would suggest looking for mundane issues.  For example, if he had unresolved issues with the ex, her upset over the new marriage might have kicked all those things up again.  Frankly, I will tell you that no one is going to be controlled in the way you describe without some complicity on his part.  So, for all we know, she might be casting curses and wishing all sorts of ill will but that isn't going to have any power unless your husband *allows* it to have power.  It isn't any different than if she was trash-talking him or trying other (non-physical) mundane things to psych him out and ruin your relationship. 

Sperran
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 27, 2010, 08:45:13 pm »

My husband was a very kind and loving man until a couple of weeks after the wedding when his ex found out and everything went upside down over night. Not only my life, but the life of my adult children also crumbled overnight. My husband became abusive to me .. little physical, but mainly emotional, mental and financial. It was too strange .. a specific date we will all remember forever when our lives overturned.

I knew the ex was involved in Shamanism, amongst other things. I know this can be a good thing but can it also be a bad thing? I had read up on it briefly and it says that people pray to spirits to assist them with their lives.

Most things have risks - shamanism (there are many ways people use this word, so it's hard to tell for sure without more specifics) is among them. It's a possibility, though I'd look at exploring some other things as well.

- On the psychics: were these people you knew and already had built up trust with, or are these strangers to you? I ask because "There's an evil spell on him" is a really common way for psychics more interested in money than solutions to lead off. Did they give you any specific ideas, feedback, etc. that you hadn't already mentioned to them in some form? (A good way to begin cross-checking before you do something.)

- Has he had a full medical checkup within the past year? Some of the behavior you describe can have either an organic cause or an organic trigger. Badly managed diabetes, for example, can cause significant behavior changes, and so can a number of other health conditions, both physical and mental. Stress can sometimes cause a previously manageable condition to spike into acute problems.

- Have you done any kind of counselling, etc? Does he express a desire to have different behavior, or is he resistant to the idea that his behavior is a concern?

- Did he have any existing magical or promise-related commitments related to his ex (they might not have been to her directly, but might have been around his ideals of what to expect in relationships, what he wanted to offer to her, etc.) If so, those things snapping back to him might also have triggered problems.

One of the concepts in various strands of shamanism (among other traditions) is that sometimes, situations cause the soul to become fragmented, leaving behind bits of ourselves that we do actually need to be caring, functioning, human beings. There are various techniques to approach this, but it's something you might want to consider.

Good luck - it sounds like a really painful and hard situation, and I hope you find a happy resolution.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #5: July 28, 2010, 10:06:20 am »

First, let me say, that I'm very sorry, that you are in such a rough patch right now.
And second, it is very, very difficult to influence someone against his nature.
I mean difficult like in do it again and again and again and put effort and energy in it all of the time.

His behaviour could have other explanations, and a few of them.
They could reach from someone being 'just' under great pressure, to even mental health issues.

I'm not saying, that they are no curses and that no one out there could be so powerful to achieve such a thing, but usually it pays to look for the energy's path of least resistance = what answer is the most likely?

Best luck to you.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Lala
Last Login:July 29, 2010, 12:13:09 am

Religion: spiritual

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 28, 2010, 11:57:06 pm »

Thank you so much for all your responses:

Erin: No, he doesn't believe in witchcraft at all. I had suggested it to him when I was first told and he just thought it was ridiculous. He also says that she's very sweet and kind, and would never be capable of doing such a thing.

Cybella: No, no history of abuse that I'm aware of.

Jenett: No, I didn't tell the psychics anything. I would just ask about our relationship and all three came up with the same story. It's such a bizarre thing to say anyway, but not one, but all three have said the same thing.

We have tried therapy but the therapist said we had to give up and go our separate ways because there is no compromise there. If I say black, he says white. He comes away with an entirely different version of what happened, denies any form of abuse and tells the biggest lies I've ever heard (but which I honestly think he believes to be true).

Update: I went to a spiritual healer today and he told me to walk away from this. He also confirmed my suspicions. He didn't say what she had done but called her an evil manipulator. He said that while I try to work on this with reiki, prayer, etc, she's seething with jealously, it's eating away at her and to her this is a full-time project. He said that I'm his positive and she's his negative. I had always thought that. Any time he's spent any length of time in her company, he looks like sh!t .. black circles around his eyes and looking really depressed. It's all very sad because we were so happy together and compatible in every way, which was why he married me I guess when he never married her in the ten years they were together. I honestly thought this was happily ever after. Karma can be a terrible thing though when it comes back to bite you. I'm a great believer that whatever we give out (good or bad) comes back to us tenfold. She recently found out she has cancer. Meantime, I need to move on with my life and leave them to it.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #7: July 29, 2010, 07:12:39 am »

Erin:
Cybella:
Jenett:

Just a quick note, Lala...  When replying to posts, please reply to each one individually and use the quote/reply function to do so (as required by our rules).  I know this is kind of backward from the way a lot of forums do it--a lot of places don't want you "double-posting"--but we've found that separate replies makes it easier to follow the discussion.  (The quoting thing is to give us a link back to the post you're replying to, and tell us specifically which part of the post you're addressing.)

Thanks!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RootRealm
Journeyman
Last Login:August 21, 2010, 07:37:59 am

Religion: Hermetic Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 29, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »

Since this happened to us a year ago, I have spoken to three psychics and they've all told me the same thing .. that she has done something to him. Too much of a coincidence? I've just had another tell me she's been putting something into his drinks and he is possessed by a bad spirit. To be honest, it makes complete sense because of the way things happened and because I'm now dealing with Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm a reiki healer and he used to love having reiki sessions. He'll still ask me to do it sometimes, but to be honest, I don't want to any more because, usually recipients are calm and peaceful afterwards, but he becomes very agitated and argumentative. That tells me also that there's something not quite right here.

I don't think it's very helpful, or practical, to approach this issue primarily through trying to figure out what someone else might have done to your husband vis a vis magical work or a curse.  Maybe you can keep that idea in the background, and look into it a little, but I strongly recommend primarily approaching this issue from a solid, psychological, common sense, relational issue of needs, boundaries and communication to start with. 

Do you have good communication skills, can you communicate your concerns with your husband using I-statement language (rather than blaming or attacking language) expressing your needs and your concerns?  If you have any difficulty with this I would advise getting help from a professional counselor or psychotherapist.  Whether or not your husband was cursed, whether or not he is possessed by a bad spirit, whether he's just not doing his own personal work and disrespecting you, whether he has some type of mental illness, doesn't matter in the end the cause:  the bottom line in it all is that YOU need to focus on articulating what YOU NEED and what YOUR BOUNDARIES are in this relationship. 

Be clear about what YOU NEED, communicate it, and then if you don't get what you're needing, get out of the relationship.  In what you say in your message, I get the sense that you could spend a fantastic amount of energy trying to diagnose and figure out your husband, without ever really getting down to the brass tacks of just figuring out what you need, saying it, and then starting to draw lines in the sand, which is in my opinion the most practical and healthiest way to approach all these problems. Developing a healthy self-respect for your own needs and skill at drawing boundaries and communicating will serve you well in every area of life.

If you live according to an example, you live the life of that example.  There is only one way and that is your way.  You seek the path? I warn you away from my own.  May each go his own way....  ---Carl Jung

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)