The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 10, 2017, 11:01:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 11:01:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Logistics of an Open Statue  (Read 21877 times)
Miss Kitten
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 21, 2013, 08:44:07 am
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #90: December 24, 2010, 07:52:38 pm »

Unfortunately I'm about as dense as can be when it comes to sensing energy, so I definitely don't experience anything like that! I'm coming to learn that I need to pay more attention on a much more subtle level and give more credit to the little 'impressions' I get and other such intuitive feelings because thats about as loud as it gets for me. Sometimes it'd be nice to feel something a bit more tangible than that, although I'm sure it must be its own burden to be that sensitive.

Yeah it sucks because I don't know of anyone else who starts to faint just because a deity is coming near.  Plus ghosts won't stop following me around, and doing things like tugging on my toes at night just because they're bored and lonely and they know I know they're there.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:55:01 pm by Miss Kitten » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #91: February 24, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »

I've had to put up with a few awkward things.  For example, going through airport security with a statue.  I started to think about how I'd feel about getting my suitcase searched and having my statue handled by strangers who thought he was nothing more than a pretty knickknack.  I wasn't comfortable with the idea, but I realized I'd have to deal with that possibility.

BTW...aaargh!  TSA groped my freakin' statue!

Ah well, there was nothing I could have done about.  I took him back to the hotel.  I wiped him with a cloth, slightly damp with natron water.  Then I got on with my life.

But, damn, it was weird.  It's just such a personal thing.   I think I'd rather they rifled through my underwear drawer.  
jedmehdu
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:40:53 am

Religion: neo-pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #92: June 28, 2011, 12:59:58 am »

My UPG is that the Gods do use our statues even if we don't open them.

I know this is an old thread, but wondering whether you opened your statue(s), and if you have an enclosed cabinet, or tabernacle sort of thing for them.  Opened or not.  I read somewhere They prefer privacy.

No intentions at this time to open any of the statues I have.  They're in display cases - mainly to keep dust off - and was considering a fully enclosed box or something (a cloth? like on a bird cage?  Undecided  ) to keep it dark, but I enjoy looking at them, they're kept at or above eye level, and I have a bowl in front, to which I add coins (loose change) amost every day.

Not being a thwapee I'm unsure about this being acceptable, but I haven't been struck by lightning so that's encouraging.  I seem to be about as sensitive (psychic?) as a lawn chair, but I've sort of had the feeling at times They're, well, not watching me, but just looking every once in a while.  (They're on the wall opposite my bed, and so I imagine Them watching over me while I sleep.)
JM
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2017, 12:30:14 am

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #93: June 28, 2011, 09:32:23 am »

I know this is an old thread, but wondering whether you opened your statue(s), and if you have an enclosed cabinet, or tabernacle sort of thing for them.  Opened or not.  I read somewhere They prefer privacy.

When I had my icons out, They lived on a bookcase shelf and I hung a white cloth from the top of the bookcase to make a curtain.

Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #94: June 28, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »

No intentions at this time to open any of the statues I have.  They're in display cases - mainly to keep dust off - and was considering a fully enclosed box or something (a cloth? like on a bird cage?  Undecided  ) to keep it dark, but I enjoy looking at them, they're kept at or above eye level, and I have a bowl in front, to which I add coins (loose change) amost every day.

Not being a thwapee I'm unsure about this being acceptable, but I haven't been struck by lightning so that's encouraging.  I seem to be about as sensitive (psychic?) as a lawn chair, but I've sort of had the feeling at times They're, well, not watching me, but just looking every once in a while.  (They're on the wall opposite my bed, and so I imagine Them watching over me while I sleep.)
JM

I imagine if they were unpleased with their location, they'd find a way to let you know. I have statues out that don't have an enclosed case. I only really keep an enclosed case when I'm working daily with a statue- and even then it's not mandatory. You have to work with what you've got. I can also say that, based off of many of the shrines I've seen, most people don't have their statues enclosed in any way shape or form. So as long as it's not an open statue, I would be willing to wager that you're fine Smiley

Of course, if you want to cover them, that is your choice. If you went that route, I'd stick with an all natural fiber cloth- cotton, linen, etc. in a color of your choosing.

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)