The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 18, 2021, 09:54:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 09:54:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Witch Bottles : Questions  (Read 5270 times)
Vermillion
Journeyman
Last Login:December 29, 2013, 04:32:42 pm
United States United States

Religion: Witchcraft Practitioner- Naturist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 11, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »

I think I'm being attacked. I'm not sure from where, but as I get more in tune with myself and the world around me, I feel it. It's like I attract negativity or negative energy. I know full well that I need to stay away from energy sappers and negative people, but lately, I've been bombarded with negative elements and people. It's having an affect on my health. My health has been going down the tubes for years(about 5, now) and all of this coincides with more and more negativity making it's way for my vacinity. So, on the full moon before Samhain I'm making my first ever witch bottle. I've never made one before, but I feel like now is the time and there's never been a better one.

I've got one problem, my son(aged 19, mentally handicapped)has spirit protectors. They've been with him since birth and they share space with us in my home. Now that I'm going to be making the witch bottle, and doing other cleansing type things like smudging, I'm concerned with how this might affect his spirits. Will it anger them? Will they leave him and feel unwelcome? Is there something I should add that will encourage them to stay for him. Is it possible the attacks are coming from them?!(I doubt this one, myself.)

Anyone with experience with witch bottles, cleansings and ghosts have any tips or advice?

Thanks!
Verm

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 11, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »

Have you been able to talk to these spirits directly? It may help to ask them for their advice, possibly even giving some offerings to show you've got goodwill. If they won't speak to you, you could ask your son to intercede. (I don't know how his disability would affect the feasibility of that, though.)

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: August 11, 2010, 10:14:16 pm »

Anyone with experience with witch bottles, cleansings and ghosts have any tips or advice?

As Ellen suggests, talking to the spirits would be the best way to handle it. A banishing ritual need not affect them at all if you banish "unwelcome spirits" and you truly consider you son's spirit protectors welcome. Even better, perhaps you son could convince his spirit friends to protect everyone in the house and evict "unfriendies" for you.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Vermillion
Journeyman
Last Login:December 29, 2013, 04:32:42 pm

Religion: Witchcraft Practitioner- Naturist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 11, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »

Have you been able to talk to these spirits directly? It may help to ask them for their advice, possibly even giving some offerings to show you've got goodwill. If they won't speak to you, you could ask your son to intercede. (I don't know how his disability would affect the feasibility of that, though.)

I have not, although, when he was an infant these spirits did interact with my ex-husband and I. They've followed my son throughout his life, wherever he is. He non-verbal, sadly. So, I can't really ask him to talk with them, although he does interact with them in his own ways. They do frequently "play around" with my younger two sons, as well. We've learned to live with them and they don't scare my current husband anymore like they used to. The offerings is a good idea, perhaps I will try this.

As Ellen suggests, talking to the spirits would be the best way to handle it. A banishing ritual need not affect them at all if you banish "unwelcome spirits" and you truly consider you son's spirit protectors welcome. Even better, perhaps you son could convince his spirit friends to protect everyone in the house and evict "unfriendies" for you.

I think the spirits do lookout for my younger two sons as well, just on another level. They are not as medically fragile as my oldest son is, they are also not as in tune with other dimensions of existence like he is. They do play with my other two sons, though. Flipping off the computer, tossing something across the room. They've even shown themselves to my middle son. I wish my oldest could speak with them on behalf of this venture, I will try to leave them positive signs on my own and perhaps add something into my incantation when I do my bottle to let them know they are welcome, but malevolent spirits are not.

Thank you both for your suggestions!
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 12, 2010, 12:22:10 am »

I think I'm being attacked. I'm not sure from where, but as I get more in tune with myself and the world around me, I feel it. It's like I attract negativity or negative energy. I know full well that I need to stay away from energy sappers and negative people, but lately, I've been bombarded with negative elements and people. It's having an affect on my health. My health has been going down the tubes for years(about 5, now) and all of this coincides with more and more negativity making it's way for my vacinity. So, on the full moon before Samhain I'm making my first ever witch bottle. I've never made one before, but I feel like now is the time and there's never been a better one.

I've got one problem, my son(aged 19, mentally handicapped)has spirit protectors. They've been with him since birth and they share space with us in my home. Now that I'm going to be making the witch bottle, and doing other cleansing type things like smudging, I'm concerned with how this might affect his spirits. Will it anger them? Will they leave him and feel unwelcome? Is there something I should add that will encourage them to stay for him. Is it possible the attacks are coming from them?!(I doubt this one, myself.)

Thanks!
Verm

I love witch's bottles, and have some experience with them.  I have made several and do frequent cleansings and have never had it banish a spirit that I wanted around.  As the others have said, as long as you do not see these guardians as a threat, I do not think it likely that it would banish them. The guardians could be causing the attacks, but I think it is very unlikely since they usually do not bother people unless they see them as a danger to their charge.  It seems much more likely that you are just super sensitive to energies, and you are picking them up during day to day activity.  I have the problem where I get sick from negative energy too, and to remedy that I just do a simple cleansing ritual whenever I shower or take a bath.
omoyemaya
Master Member
Last Login:April 13, 2011, 12:27:33 pm
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Santeria and Boricua bohique path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 12, 2010, 01:41:07 am »

I think I'm being attacked. I'm not sure from where,
In my medium and spirit work, there is one cleansing recomendation that I repeatedly offer and have seen to be very effective is to burn white candles of just about any type in your home as often and as many as possible (and affordable).

Considering the flow of most houses, I recommend doing this in a dining room since energies flow in and out of such a space so effectively and commonly. If you find that another rooms works better for this purpose, then by all means do that. If you can, set a clean white table clothe and burn your candles there. Set flowers of light or white colors with them. COnsidering that you are dealing with guardian sppirits, then I highly recoomend this practice as it attracts them and keeps them happy and peaceful. I've found this to be effective as well when dealing with the spirits of departed family and loved ones.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck and my blessings to you.

Please help my babies with a click.
Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 12, 2010, 11:05:35 am »

Now that I'm going to be making the witch bottle, and doing other cleansing type things like smudging, I'm concerned with how this might affect his spirits. Will it anger them? Will they leave him and feel unwelcome? Is there something I should add that will encourage them to stay for him. Is it possible the attacks are coming from them?!(I doubt this one, myself.)

IME with witch bottles I've never had one annoy a beneficial spirit; they absorb negative attacks ablatively, not aggressively. As for cleansing methods, as other have said, those are focused towards negative spirits not protective ones, but it certainly can't hurt to be polite and communicate your intention before starting the cleanse.
Darkmoondog
Journeyman
Last Login:August 03, 2011, 09:28:10 am

Religion: Green Witch

Gravatar

Blog entries (2)

darkmoondog@darkmoondog

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 25, 2010, 10:09:59 pm »

Thanks!
Verm

Dear Verm, I realize this is an older post and I do hope that you have found a harmonious solution by now. However if you are still concerned I'll make some suggestions.

A witch bottle is usually a personal defence against negative attacks toward you. It probably wont bother welcome spirits already in your home. The principle behind the witch's bottle is that it is a decoy. With bent pins, nails, your hair, wire and even urine it is designed to trick curses and negative intent to target the bottle instead of you.

However, If you feel so led and maybe have more comfort in doing some shielding work, I offer the idea that you use an addition to your personal psychic shield, your aura, to transmute any negative energy and turn it into positive energy for yourself.

I learned this pretty trick from a HPS friend of mine. I was being harassed so I applied it. I made an addition to my regular grounding and shielding of a filter. My intention was to capture all negative darts thrown my way and ...well turn them into cookies. ( Silly, I know but I was craving chocolate chip cookies at the time.) In a week I had received 3 batches of cookies from different sources!

You can direct the energy to become just about any wanted thing you like; be it money or cowboy boots or even parking spaces.

After a while I caught myself wishing that someone would harass me so I could manifest more stuff off of the transmuted energy. Kinda greedy and twisted, I know. Anyhoo, I hope this helps you and others who want a way to dissolve negative energy without doing a curse reversal.

Green Witch- I worship the ground you walk on.
Phoenixgoddess
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 17, 2011, 08:30:57 am
Australia Australia

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 14, 2011, 07:32:06 pm »

I love witch bottles. they are the equivilant of a toxic spill if opened by an unknowing party, so make sure that you hide your bottle well out of sight or reach.

The guides of your son will not be affected by a witch bottle as these are made to deflect psychic and magical attack not to banish unwanted spirits.

"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)