The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 26, 2021, 03:41:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2021, 03:41:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's for dinner?  (Read 7963 times)
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #30: September 08, 2010, 10:49:29 am »

Coke Zero doesn't have sucralose/splenda that I know of... check the label before you use it Smiley

It's sweetened with aspartame, as are regular Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi Max.  Diet cola sweetened with Splenda would pretty much be Diet Rite, as far as I'm aware, at least in my area.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Susan M.
Apprentice
Last Login:September 20, 2010, 04:55:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: Life itself

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #31: September 15, 2010, 12:00:42 am »

This one turned out pretty good too when we made it... yes, it's another "mex" meal, and... oddly enough it also has Rotel in it... can you see we love that stuff?

Chicken Enchiladas:

Boil about 3-4 chicken breasts in a pot of water, then shred it into a bowl.  Add 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis, and 2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese.

Prepare rice however you prefer to prepare it, whether spanish rice or just instant white rice, whatever floats your boat, enough for about 6 servings.  Spread the rice on the bottom of the pan and mix with a little of your favorite enchilada sauce.  (we just used the Old El Paso one actually it was good)

Roll the chicken mixture into tortillas and lay them side by side over the rice.  Top with enchilada sauce and cover with cheese.  Bake at 350 until the cheese on top gets a little bit crusty.

Also very easy to make.  You can serve with corn or even mix it up into the chicken mix if you want.

Being Texan, we love tex-mex and even authentic mexican food.  But I don't necessarily have the time.  My family really enjoys the enchiladas that I make, but full time mom and full time job take a lot of time.  So I made up a dish and they love it just as much.  I call it Enchilada Casserole.

Tomato sauce, ground beef (or whatever meat), can of refried beans, can of Campbell's fiesta nacho cheese, tortillas (I use flour), your choice of cheese (I use velveeta, but have used shredded cheddar in a pinch)

Enchilada Sauce:
Can of tomato sauce (10.75 oz)
Half a can of water (the tomato sauce can)
Lowry's Garlic Salt, chili powder (don't be chinchy with it), cumin (a little goes a long way), pepper (to your liking)
    Put it on medium heat in a sauce pan, stirring occasionally, and let it cook while you do the rest

Meat:
I use ground beef and use the same seasonings from above
Finely chopped onions (so the kids don't know they are there)
Jalepenos if I make "one for the kids and one for us"

In casserole dish:
Put a little sauce on the bottom
Put down a tortilla
Slather some refried beans on the tortilla (it's actually easier if you do it like you put butter on bread and then put it in the dish)
Spoon some meat on that
Spoon some of the fiesta nacho cheese on top of the meat
Add some cheese (and onions and peppers if you want)
Spoon some more sauce on top of that and repeat these steps until you have used up everything

Cook on 400 until everything is melted and bubbly, 15-20 minutes maybe

It seems like a lot, but it is actually very easy!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)