The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 16, 2021, 06:54:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2021, 06:54:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Things you'll never hear a non-pagan kid say...  (Read 35055 times)
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #45: September 22, 2010, 09:33:12 am »

Do you have to wake them up everyday? What about if you're on vacation? Do you just say, "ok guys, I'm gonna be gone for a few days, so you're on your own"?  Sorry, I know that's a really random question, but I was just too curious not to ask.  Roll Eyes

I wake Sekhmet each morning and if I'm going on vacation I take Her with me.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #46: September 22, 2010, 08:12:55 pm »

Seconded.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Ana
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2011, 06:53:09 am

Religion: Flamekeeper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: September 22, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »

Tonight we went to Wednesday Night Supper with my parents at their church.  I'm staying with my parents for the week, so out of respect for them, I've gone to church with them, etc.  It's just sitting in a building to me with no real spiritual meaning, but to them it's important, so... no big deal.  Well, my mom went for a walk with my son and she told me my son said to her "Memere, my mommy doesn't take me to church because she says the god is everywhere, not just in a building.  She says the god is in my heart and all around me so I don't have to go to a building to be with him."  So my mom told him, "well, yes, God is everywhere and in your heart, but we get together at church to talk about Him and be with other people."  So then my son says, "Well that's okay, but there's the goddess, too."

My mom said to me "I'm not touching that one..."

Honestly, I was impressed with my son for remembering what we'd talked about (he's 4) and very impressed with my mom not telling him that he was wrong or that I was wrong for telling him that.

I figure one day my son will come up with his own beliefs anyways, but it made me smile all around.

Ana

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #48: September 23, 2010, 04:34:45 am »

A friend of mine recently killed her 5-year-old's betta fish (it was an accident!) so they had to have a little funeral for it.  They're Christian, but the kid said that the fish couldn't go to heaven with the Christian god, he had to go to the water god.  So for the prayer every "our father" was replaced with "Neptune" and "art in heaven" was replaced with "under water."
*snicker* He's already infected with polytheism. Wink

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
nyx190
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 24, 2010, 11:49:25 am
Canada Canada

Religion: none
TCN ID: nyx190

Gravatar

Blog entries (8)

http://www.myspace.com/he http://www.facebook.com/h jessicapaskaruk

Ignore
« Reply #49: September 23, 2010, 11:48:25 am »

Tonight we went to Wednesday Night Supper with my parents at their church.  I'm staying with my parents for the week, so out of respect for them, I've gone to church with them, etc.  It's just sitting in a building to me with no real spiritual meaning, but to them it's important, so... no big deal.  Well, my mom went for a walk with my son and she told me my son said to her "Memere, my mommy doesn't take me to church because she says the god is everywhere, not just in a building.  She says the god is in my heart and all around me so I don't have to go to a building to be with him."  So my mom told him, "well, yes, God is everywhere and in your heart, but we get together at church to talk about Him and be with other people."  So then my son says, "Well that's okay, but there's the goddess, too."

My mom said to me "I'm not touching that one..."

Honestly, I was impressed with my son for remembering what we'd talked about (he's 4) and very impressed with my mom not telling him that he was wrong or that I was wrong for telling him that.

I figure one day my son will come up with his own beliefs anyways, but it made me smile all around.

that is pretty awesome that your mom didnt try to sway your kid towards her "god"

i know when i tell my family that i am a wicca (which path i have not picked yet) they might flip a lid even tho most of them belive in nothing

my grandmother who is very true beliver of one god now and forever will most likely die but before that will say i thought i brought you up better then that
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #50: September 23, 2010, 12:13:36 pm »

my grandmother who is very true beliver of one god now and forever will most likely die but before that will say i thought i brought you up better then that

You have the option of not telling /all/ your relatives. Personally I'm never gonna tell my crazy uber-Baptist grandmother that I'm not a Christian. She already thinks my family is going to hell for converting to Presbyterianism, and she thinks my Unitarian Universalist church is an offshoot of Catholicism. There is no reason for me to even try to touch my Pagan identity with a ten-foot pole.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #51: September 23, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »

::imagines::

"Sekhmet? Honey, wake up, it's time to put your shoes on. We're at Grandma's."

Grin

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #52: September 23, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

Grin

lol

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
veggiewolf
Adept Member

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #53: September 23, 2010, 07:13:32 pm »

Grin

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
nyx190
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (8)

Ignore
« Reply #54: September 23, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

You have the option of not telling /all/ your relatives. Personally I'm never gonna tell my crazy uber-Baptist grandmother that I'm not a Christian. She already thinks my family is going to hell for converting to Presbyterianism, and she thinks my Unitarian Universalist church is an offshoot of Catholicism. There is no reason for me to even try to touch my Pagan identity with a ten-foot pole.

good point but somewhere in my heat i think she would be ok with it just because her mother use to read tea leaves and tarot cards and stuff if she is blind to thinking she belived in one god she so so so has another thing coming to her i have pretty much deamed her my relivtive of the other side
Ana
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2011, 06:53:09 am

Religion: Flamekeeper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #55: September 24, 2010, 09:55:14 pm »

that is pretty awesome that your mom didnt try to sway your kid towards her "god"

i know when i tell my family that i am a wicca (which path i have not picked yet) they might flip a lid even tho most of them belive in nothing

My mom has only just in the past year finally at least realized that trying to "sway" me and my family is only going to push us away.  She's doing better.  I don't tell my grandparents.  Their beliefs are so personal to them it would hurt them.  What they don't know, won't hurt them.

Ana

nyx190
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (8)

Ignore
« Reply #56: September 25, 2010, 05:20:50 pm »

What they don't know, won't hurt them.

very good point lol
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #57: September 26, 2010, 08:22:53 am »

Rowan is a plethora for this thread in and of himself.

So, yesterday, I was in my room and he was bouncing around in front of my altar. I said, "Hey, Rowan. Why don't you talk to the gods like Mommy does?"

He looked at the statues and said, "The gods. The gods. The gods." Then he babbles at them for a while. Or really, he was muttering, but I don't know what he was saying. I knew he was saying gods at points, but the words he was speaking was unintelligible to me. Then he says to them, "Do you really drink the milk?" since my offerings were still there.

"Yes, honey. The goddesses really are drinking the milk."

"Okay. No Rowan milk now." And he hopped down and went to play.

nyx190
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (8)

Ignore
« Reply #58: September 27, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

So, yesterday, I was in my room and he was bouncing around in front of my altar. I said, "Hey, Rowan. Why don't you talk to the gods like Mommy does?"

He looked at the statues and said, "The gods. The gods. The gods." Then he babbles at them for a while. Or really, he was muttering, but I don't know what he was saying. I knew he was saying gods at points, but the words he was speaking was unintelligible to me. Then he says to them, "Do you really drink the milk?" since my offerings were still there.

this is so cute
veggiewolf
Adept Member

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #59: September 29, 2010, 03:35:01 pm »

*teehee* Rowan tickles me!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.