The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 06:36:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 06:36:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coming out of hiding ...  (Read 5048 times)
Faraetaildreams
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 13, 2007, 11:23:41 pm
United States United States

Religion: Slowly getting a clue...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 03, 2007, 09:14:19 pm »

Well, I decided I'd finally Intro myself after the last three weeks of lurking on the board here. I've been doing a TON of reading, and have come to the conclusion that I am no less confused now than I was when I accidently stumbled upon this board three weeks ago. *grins*. However, that does not lessen the determination and motovation to figure out what the *heck* is in this here head of mine.

Brief background: Grew up in a very non-religious household. "God" was hardly ever mentioned at all, and the only times I ever went to church were with friends on sunday mornings after sleepovers. This pretty much continued into Middle School, whereas I became friends with two religious zelots, for lack of a better termonology. Even in seventh and eighth grade, they were attempting to 'save me' and 'convert me'. I of course refused on the grounds that I didn't believe *still never stopped them* and by the end of my frosh year in HS, left that group of people in favor of a differnet group that was closer to what I believed. And for the record, 15 years later, we are all still fairly close. *grins again*.

After that, I went through life like most people do, dropping out of college to get married and have kids, then just trying to make ends meet with job after job after job. But ... after a while I noticed something after a time. I kept 'finding' people that were ... different. And all in the same way. And I responded to them in the same way. During one job, I met a self proclaimed Warlock. During another job, I met a girl who astro-projected to fight demons and evil spirits *with a group that trained for it specifically*. She was also a protector of children all over the world that for some reason or another needed protection spiritually ... some were as young as babies. How she did it ... she kept that to her self. Then, I met a man who told me things about my self that there was no way he could know ... as we only ever talked online, and had never met or seen pictures of each other. There was a very strong physicall attraction between us too ... one that I almost could not resist ... but ended up having too becuase of S/O's on both our parts.

There have been others too, a woman I talk to online and have for the last several years whom is becoming somewhat of a mentor for me ... plus other little things in my life that were subtle clues that this was the path I should head toward.

I resisted for most of my life ... fear of the unknown, fear of persecution, fear of rejection by my family ... all that and more played into it. This last year though has changed me with the trials I have had to go through, and I feel, looking back on it, that if I had followed my instincts years ago, would have been much better able to handle what I have had to go through.

As it stands right now, I am just starting along this path, like so many others I have seen on this very board. I am in no hurry to rush the process ... I know that it will find me as long as I am patient and open up my mind to it instead of closing it shut like I have for so long. I have ideas about what I believe, things I have privately thought *true* almost my entire life ... its taking those ideas and beliefs and coralling them into a cohesive 'faith' that is the main challenge for me right now.

I welcome the opportunity to learn, to meet people that will not ridicule or force me to think something I do not want to, and to grow and expand my horizons. I finally feel that this is where I need to be to truly discover who I am and what I am.

Other brief *stuff* about me ... divorced, 2 great kiddos, 2 cats, 1 dog, and I have a job taking care of a very large barn of high end show quarter horses. *think purchase price between 20 - 60 grand average*  Wink I'm also a admin member on two other message boards ... one is a sim horse game that I half own, and the other is a up and coming *in other words I'm still working on it* sim game that involves dragons and humans. LOL. I really am a kid at heart!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:17:23 pm by Faraetaildreams, Reason: adding last 2 sentences, fixing typos » Logged

Hear me
And if close my mind in fear
Please pry it open
See me
And if my face becomes sincere
Beware
Hold me
And when I start to come undone
Stitch me together
Save me
And when you see me strut
remind me of what left this outlaw torn
~The Outlaw Torn, Metallica~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: June 03, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »

Well, I decided I'd finally Intro myself after the last three weeks of lurking on the board here. I've been doing a TON of reading, and have come to the conclusion that I am no less confused now than I was when I accidently stumbled upon this board three weeks ago. *grins*. However, that does not lessen the determination and motovation to figure out what the *heck* is in this here head of mine.

Welcome to the Cauldron!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: June 03, 2007, 10:20:36 pm »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 15, 2019, 12:34:15 pm

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: June 03, 2007, 10:34:02 pm »

Well, I decided I'd finally Intro myself after the last three weeks of lurking on the board here. I've been doing a TON of reading, and have come to the conclusion that I am no less confused now than I was when I accidently stumbled upon this board three weeks ago.

Welcome to The Cauldron! The longer you stay here, the more confused you get. (Just joking Grin )

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: June 03, 2007, 10:36:03 pm »

Well, I decided I'd finally Intro myself after the last three weeks of lurking on the board here.

Welcome to The Cauldron!

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: June 04, 2007, 03:45:10 am »

During one job, I met a self proclaimed Warlock. During another job, I met a girl who astro-projected to fight demons and evil spirits *with a group that trained for it specifically*. She was also a protector of children all over the world that for some reason or another needed protection spiritually ... some were as young as babies. How she did it ... she kept that to her self.

Welcome to the Cauldron!

As to how the girl did it..well, you know maybe she didn't? Wink

That said, that sounds a lot like a story another poster mentioned in the last two or three weeks.  I wonder if you both met the same girl?

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 04, 2007, 08:32:11 am »

I'm also a admin member on two other message boards ... one is a sim horse game that I half own, and the other is a up and coming *in other words I'm still working on it* sim game that involves dragons and humans. LOL. I really am a kid at heart!

Welcome to the Cauldron!  Hey, at least if you are happy while being confused its all good Wink 

Now as to these games you mention, I am interested in learning more about those personally.  I am a kid at heart too <G>.

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #7: June 04, 2007, 09:12:04 am »

Well, I decided I'd finally Intro myself after the last three weeks of lurking on the board here.

Welcome to the Cauldron!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 04, 2007, 04:04:18 pm »

Welcome to The Cauldron!

Shadowcat

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 04, 2007, 05:34:41 pm »

Welcome to TC, and out of lurkdom!

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Faraetaildreams
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: June 07, 2007, 02:39:30 am »

Now as to these games you mention, I am interested in learning more about those personally.  I am a kid at heart too <G>.

Gina

I'm not quite sure what the board rules would be concerning this ... I'd be concerned It would be considered "advertising" when its not as Its not a commercial website?  Undecided 

And thanks to all the warm welcomes!

Welcome to the Cauldron!

As to how the girl did it..well, you know maybe she didn't? Wink

That said, that sounds a lot like a story another poster mentioned in the last two or three weeks.  I wonder if you both met the same girl?

I certainly want to see that post ... anythings possible I guess LOL.

Hear me
Please pry it open
See me
Beware
Hold me
Stitch me together
Save me
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #11: June 07, 2007, 08:11:08 am »

I'm not quite sure what the board rules would be concerning this ... I'd be concerned It would be considered "advertising" when its not as Its not a commercial website?  Undecided 

If you'd just come in and posted something trying to get people to go to the site out of the blue, yeah, we'd consider that advertising even though it's not a commercial site.  (Advertising doesn't necessarily require that you're making money.)  However, in this case someone has specifically asked you for the link, so it's OK to post it.

Thank you for asking to make sure first, though!  I (and I'm sure the other staff) appreciate it!  Smiley

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 15, 2019, 12:34:15 pm

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: June 07, 2007, 08:19:31 am »

As Star said, there are no problems with this. The situation is common enough that it is even covered in our Advertising Guidelines on the Rules and Regulations board:

Quote from: Our Advertising Guidelines:
It is not considered advertising to post a direct link to (or information about) a business or product in response to bona fide question in a message thread (as long as one discloses any interest one might have in the business/product). Nor is it considered advertising for regular posters on our message board to post a link to an item or business to discuss it.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Faraetaildreams
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 07, 2007, 01:12:27 pm »

If you'd just come in and posted something trying to get people to go to the site out of the blue, yeah, we'd consider that advertising even though it's not a commercial site.  (Advertising doesn't necessarily require that you're making money.)  However, in this case someone has specifically asked you for the link, so it's OK to post it.

Thank you for asking to make sure first, though!  I (and I'm sure the other staff) appreciate it!  Smiley

Hey NO Problem LOL. I had to kick a few off my own board for that kinda stuff. It gets really annoying after a while.

As Star said, there are no problems with this. The situation is common enough that it is even covered in our Advertising Guidelines on the Rules and Regulations board:

Duly read and assimilated, LOL.

Hear me
Please pry it open
See me
Beware
Hold me
Stitch me together
Save me
Faraetaildreams
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: June 07, 2007, 01:42:03 pm »

Welcome to the Cauldron!  Hey, at least if you are happy while being confused its all good Wink 

Gina

Equus Unlimited is a game that I originally joined Oct 04, more becuase I hadn't been around horses in several years, and I was trying to fill the hole that was caused by the furry beasts' absence. Its based on RL horsemanship, and horse keeping, and aimed at teens thru adult women. We do not accept younger that 14 *way too many maturity problems*, and our oldest member is in her thirties and has been playing for close to two and a half years now. We have had members from all over the world, and I do not tolerate any type of cliquing or cliquish activity at all. Its a true open community of women that have come together for the basic love of horses. The core group of people that play it ... man we have been 'together' now going on four years now! And in SIM gaming overall in this age of Horseland with its hundered thousand members and other games like it ... thats nearly unheard of.

I very quickly became friends with the girl that was running it single handedly, and in a nutshell ... things went fast after that. She 'promoted' me through the ranks within a month of joining *partly because I was the first person over the age of 21 that she had come across, and partly because we clicked almost right away*. 3 months after joining, I became her right hand gal, so to speak, and then a month or so after that, we just decided that we'd be on equal ground and we became Co-Presidents.

The game is a SIM Online Horse Based Game. That means for those that aren't familiar with SIM .. SIM is short for Simulation. A big word for pretend. Haha. We pride ourselves on modeling the game after Real Life ... we don't allow silly things like a striped winged alicorn, for instance. Only breeds of horses that would be found in real life ... and we have silly rules like you can't make your hanoverian green colored. We hold shows, and collect points, so it is a inter-game competition as well... the SIM horses earn titles and prestige and all that. It's very well put together, and very stable ... although at the moment we are in a bit of a slump becauase we are in the middle of making a major CGI and PHP script change to our main website, and the girl that was writing it all seems to have stopped at the moment which is really BAD because our wonderful members ... most of which are around 16-22, have all chipped in around $300 real life money to purchase and impliment the scrips. We are pretty serious about it, and we are all dedicated to the point of obsession about it.

As if you can't tell, EU is a MAJOR part of my life, and one that I'm not ashamed to admit I'm part of even though it IS online. *I even have a licence plate frame that advertises it*

the URL is http://www.equusunlimited.final-furlong.net/. But at the moment, its not working  Cry. The board url is http://www.eu05.proboards56.com/.

The other game, is one that still only exists in my mind and on word documents on my laptop hehe. The plot line was developed by another online friend and myself about a year ago. She is still part of it, even though I don't get to talk to her that often anymore.

Its a fantasy SIM based on the idea that Dragons and Humans live both together in harmony, and at war with each other. Its a classic Good vs. Evil, pitting sibling against sibling plot. Two female dragon twins, are attacked by humans, and in the attack, the mother is killed. One sister is not at 'home' when the attack happens, but the other one is. Sister one comes back, finds mom dead, sister two blames her and flys away for a long time. Sister one then follows a path that brings her working side by side with humans, and she learns to trust, respect, and like humans. Sister two goes on a path of killing, destroying villages, and the typical bad dragon stuff. Then, there are two human sisters that kinda team up with the two dragons, and thats about as far as I've gotten on the background story. There are lots of other characters, and things that are part of the game itself ... I've got this whole village mapped out and a stuff like a Wilderness Farie that brings players good things ...like if they are RPing where they are out walking in the woods, she comes along and they find 100 coins or something like that. You can battle, and challenge other people to fights ... we also have it written in where in the human side of things, humans can fall in love, have children *yes, we even allow the descriptions of the act itself within reason* ... its based as a mature, Role Play game.

However, after sitting on the idea for the last year, I haven't gotten very far with it ... so my idea this summer is to finish fleshing out the skeleton for the whole thing, and get it settled down into a game format.

*goes back up and reads the post ...whew!* lol.

Hear me
Please pry it open
See me
Beware
Hold me
Stitch me together
Save me

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)