The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 04:01:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 04:01:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Greek Deity Statues on line links, anyone?  (Read 4930 times)
Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Last Login:August 29, 2011, 09:19:47 am
Italy Italy

Religion: Polytheistic Solitary Witch, Hekate's devotee

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: September 16, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »

Hi,

Firstly, i would like share this link with fellow hellenic politeists: http://www.statue.com/items.asp?CartId=8004-EVEREST-168VKYBV344&Cc=GREEK&tpc=

They have the most gorgeous series of Hellenic deities statues I've ever seen around. Especially certain statues of Aphrodite, are so beautiful and detailed to take your breath away.
Unfortunately, I'm European, and this site doesn't ship its products outside US. So I wanted asking, after long and exasperating trying of finding something on my own, if someone among you knows an online European shop where I might find statues or figurines of Greek Deities?

Thank you for your attention, and I hope the above link is useful to someone
Sky

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~ Anatole France

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: September 16, 2010, 05:14:47 pm »

Firstly, i would like share this link with fellow hellenic politeists: http://www.statue.com/items.asp?CartId=8004-EVEREST-168VKYBV344&Cc=GREEK&tpc=

There's another place that has some really fine statues, but I seem to have misplaced the link in my latest bookmark reorganization. And naturally, I can't remember the company name to do a search.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: September 16, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

I used Sacred Source, www.sacredsource.com when I wanted a greek statue. I don't know if they ship to Europe but they did to Australia so they should do. Just a warning I only got a little statue and the shipping basically doubled the price.
Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #3: September 16, 2010, 10:05:02 pm »

OK, of course I had to check out the Egyptian section, and....holy ginormous statues, Batman!  And those coffins...I could keep a body in there if I wanted to. 

Not that I would, or anything. 

Grin
YoungSoulRebel
Apprentice
Last Login:February 14, 2016, 05:21:55 pm

Religion: Hellenismos (Boeotian)

Gravatar

Dexys Midnight Blunder

Blog entries (0)

youngsoulrebel

Ignore
« Reply #4: September 17, 2010, 01:04:35 am »

Hi,

Seeing this there made me happy -- until I realised I had no money. Sad

It's based on the Pompeii Eros, which is a copy of the Thespian Eros by Praxiteles (the original was bronze and so probably melted down).

"The grace and happiness with which one lives one's life is the only confirmation that any of us need to know that we worship the Gods in a manner that is acceptable to Them." --Lesley Mandytinou
Sky Samuelle
Journeyman
Last Login:August 29, 2011, 09:19:47 am
Italy Italy

Religion: Polytheistic Solitary Witch, Hekate's devotee

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: September 18, 2010, 02:47:46 am »

I used Sacred Source, www.sacredsource.com when I wanted a greek statue. I don't know if they ship to Europe but they did to Australia so they should do. Just a warning I only got a little statue and the shipping basically doubled the price.

thank you very much!

For the warning as well!

YoungSoulRebel, i know how you feel...i was in love with that Aphrodite statue with a dove in her hands...sigh

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~ Anatole France
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: September 18, 2010, 08:57:26 am »

Thanks for sharing this site!

Just a suggestion, but have you looked on Etsy? There might be something suitable for sale on there. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:03:45 am by Taliesin » Logged

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)