The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 02, 2020, 10:46:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2020, 10:46:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Does Motorcycling count here?  (Read 2230 times)
Serenah
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 07, 2009, 01:33:15 am
United States United States

Religion: Scottish Celtic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 04, 2007, 02:36:59 pm »

Getting into riding with the hubby lately, but wasn't sure if it's considered a sport. All I know is that I feel rushed and relaxed at the same time when we go for a ride, whether it's a couple blocks or a couple hundred miles. Almost better than "you know what"...ALMOST Roll Eyes.

Blessed Be...Serenah

"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not..."

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

hassMysteria
Journeyman
Last Login:November 29, 2007, 05:59:40 pm

Religion: Solitary Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 04, 2007, 03:22:44 pm »

Getting into riding with the hubby lately, but wasn't sure if it's considered a sport. All I know is that I feel rushed and relaxed at the same time when we go for a ride, whether it's a couple blocks or a couple hundred miles. Almost better than "you know what"...ALMOST Roll Eyes.

Blessed Be...Serenah

I love riding on a motorcycle!! I've always wished I could afford one...not yet, but one day Smiley Only ever gone for rides on the backs of others' motorcycles....I would say it definately fits right into this section for sure! I love the rush and almost wierd adrenaline/calm mixed feeling you're talking about Smiley and I would also have to agree that it's almost better than s-e-x  Wink Cheesy

"envy is ignorance; imitation is suicide"
Serenah
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 04, 2007, 05:05:54 pm »

I love riding on a motorcycle!! I've always wished I could afford one...not yet, but one day Smiley Only ever gone for rides on the backs of others' motorcycles....I would say it definately fits right into this section for sure! I love the rush and almost wierd adrenaline/calm mixed feeling you're talking about Smiley and I would also have to agree that it's almost better than s-e-x  Wink Cheesy

You definately get it!

Yeah, I told Dan I wasn't going to always be the "B---- on the Back" and he said,"If you can pick my bike up w/o dropping it (I believe an 1100) then you're ready for your own". Well, you should have seen his jaw drop when I immediately did it w/ no prob Grin! I'm just not there yet. Besides, this way I can't be the designated driver Roll Eyes. Still can't drink too much...don't want to fall off. Our friends would never let me live that one down, once they made sure I was ok!

Went to my first bike fest in Leesburg for my b-day in April. Dan's been to many, but I tell you, it was a blast! I never felt safer or more relaxed than in the middle of 3,000 or so bikers, which is weird since I grew up being forbade from even thinking of getting on one. Also got my first tat there. Definately doing it again.

Thanks for reply. Good to hear from someone else that feels the same. Save your $ and get that bike Wink

Blessed Be...Serenah

hassMysteria
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 04, 2007, 06:03:44 pm »

You definately get it!

Yeah, I told Dan I wasn't going to always be the "B---- on the Back" and he said,"If you can pick my bike up w/o dropping it (I believe an 1100) then you're ready for your own". Well, you should have seen his jaw drop when I immediately did it w/ no prob Grin! I'm just not there yet. Besides, this way I can't be the designated driver Roll Eyes. Still can't drink too much...don't want to fall off. Our friends would never let me live that one down, once they made sure I was ok!

Went to my first bike fest in Leesburg for my b-day in April. Dan's been to many, but I tell you, it was a blast! I never felt safer or more relaxed than in the middle of 3,000 or so bikers, which is weird since I grew up being forbade from even thinking of getting on one. Also got my first tat there. Definately doing it again.

Thanks for reply. Good to hear from someone else that feels the same. Save your $ and get that bike Wink

Blessed Be...Serenah

yeh I grew up with parents that found what was wrong in anything I said or wanted to do....motorcycles being one of them...but for good reason b/c my dad, long before I was even a thought, almost died in a motocyle accident, had he not had a helmet on....and I also have an uncle who is now paralyzed from the waist down due to a motorcycle accident. not to mention that I have seen the end result of a motorcycle accident in the flesh while walking around before a concert...can barely get the image out of my mind still

I just say that you have to be careful and have to wear a helmet and not just drive carelessly whether in a car or on a motorcycle. ....I would probably just want a motorcycle for relaxing and for occasional long country roads...not for going to work or just to go out (les it be for a motorcycle event)

My parents have almost made me think that I will most definately die if I get a motocycle and my dad gets all angry if I mention the idea...but I'm going to die with or without a motorcycle in my life and I don't understand the mentality of limiting oneself and your hobbies, whathaveyou b/c of fear of something bad happening  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:06:05 pm by hassMysteria » Logged

Serenah
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 05, 2007, 09:22:37 am »

That's the truth. Not only do YOU have to  be cautious. but you have to be cautious for others. Most bike accidents happen because the person in the car wasn't being cautious.

That's one thing I can say for Dan, as crazy as he gets...We have 3 kids at home, and he never forgets it. Yes, you gotta die of something, but who would want to put their family through that when it could've been prevented?

Besides, even with a helmet on, it's still freeing Cheesy!!!

Blessed Be...Serenah

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: June 05, 2007, 09:48:34 am »

That's the truth.

Quick note, Serenah...  Don't forget to quote the post you're replying to, please.  Wink  Thanks!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Serenah
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 05, 2007, 10:38:18 am »

Quick note, Serenah...  Don't forget to quote the post you're replying to, please.  Wink  Thanks!

Oops...sorry Embarrassed! Still trying to figure the new stuff out.

Blessed Be...Serenah

hassMysteria
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 05, 2007, 03:00:50 pm »

That's the truth. Not only do YOU have to  be cautious. but you have to be cautious for others. Most bike accidents happen because the person in the car wasn't being cautious.

That's one thing I can say for Dan, as crazy as he gets...We have 3 kids at home, and he never forgets it. Yes, you gotta die of something, but who would want to put their family through that when it could've been prevented?

Besides, even with a helmet on, it's still freeing Cheesy!!!

Blessed Be...Serenah

yeh, I've heard that most motorcycle accidents happen because the other driver didn't see the motorcyclist.

I've just seen way too many people zOOm down the freeway weaving in and out of cars, changing lanes where a car wouldn't be able to....all along not wearing a helmet......that person doesn't have long to live, that person is dummmmmmmmB.....they don't realise that brains'n'guts all over the pavement is WAY less attractive than any helmet I know of Tongue ...not to say that ahelmet will save you every time though....but just being so incredibly careless and no helmet is a pretty bad combo...far too many careless drivers in Houston.....and everywhere else I'm sure

Serenah
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 05, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »

yeh, I've heard that most motorcycle accidents happen because the other driver didn't see the motorcyclist.

I've just seen way too many people zOOm down the freeway weaving in and out of cars, changing lanes where a car wouldn't be able to....all along not wearing a helmet......that person doesn't have long to live, that person is dummmmmmmmB.....they don't realise that brains'n'guts all over the pavement is WAY less attractive than any helmet I know of Tongue ...not to say that ahelmet will save you every time though....but just being so incredibly careless and no helmet is a pretty bad combo...far too many careless drivers in Houston.....and everywhere else I'm sure

Those are the ones that shouldn't even own a bike. Gives the rest of us a bad name. You can have fun w/o being stupid.

My husband has been riding for years, crotch rockets and uprights, and he'll admit that his first accident, around 19years old, was his fault for being dumb. The other 3, though, were all caused by, not kidding, people over 70 years old pulling out in front of him. NOT saying that you can't drive when you're over 70, just that we ALL need to watch out for each other. Even driving in a car, you have to drive defensively nowadays.

Blessed Be...Serenah

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)