The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 19, 2019, 01:45:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2019, 01:45:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Material Possessions?  (Read 4718 times)
cathouse
Last Login:January 14, 2011, 04:43:31 am
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 06, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

Stuff is neat.
 I don't live in a place where whole families have to share one bed or you have to walk miles to get to a clean water source. Does that hinder me from being able to connect to myself and the universe? No, I don't think so. No matter how many tvs you have in your house you are still a part of "all this". It just may be hard to tap into a spiritual state when you have your head full of thoughts about clothes, car payments, the new iphone, etc... I do think you can lose sight of yourself and what is important when you start trying to fill the holes in your life with stuff. Conversely, I think material things can help you to get in touch with life, the universe and everything. Just the other day I found an old snow globe when I was cleaning and suddenly I was reeling back in time to when my mother gave it to me and the sweet sensations of nostalgia kept me giddy all day. I'm an artist and I use material things to both inspire and make art and without it my life would really not be complete.

However, there was a time when I learned my lesson the hard way when it came to spending money wisely. But that is another story  Tongue

It's like you guys said, balance!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)