The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 15, 2020, 01:33:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2020, 01:33:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Land Spirits/the Fair Folk questions  (Read 10384 times)
son of dhamma
Permanently Banned
Journeyman
Last Login:April 12, 2011, 10:06:37 am
United States United States

Religion: -

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #30: January 08, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »

And I was wondering about connections between them at the Fair Folk.  Are they of the same genus, if not the same species?  Are they similar?  Or are they completely different creatures - the Fair Folk being strictly otherworldly folk and spirits of the land being closer to deities?

The reality is that faerie folklore in its entirety wholly expresses the spiritual beings who exist on other planes, in a metaphorical sense mostly.  This includes ghosts, demons, the earth gods (including earth, sea, and sky), mushi, and the "superior gods" (as I refer to them here for convenience).  If you study and really explore the traditional faerie lore, and penetrate into its intrinsic essence, then you'll find something special that is nebulous with the archaeocosm.  What I'm encouraging for you here is not a general sense of beings, but more so a rounded knowledge of the nature of these beings.  One thing that you can be sure of is this:  If you find yourself grouping one spirit into faeries and another spirit into a different category, then you have missed the mark.
  with metta
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:18:08 pm by son of dhamma, Reason: Failed to post quote. » Logged

-

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #31: January 08, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »

The reality is that faerie folklore in its entirety wholly expresses the spiritual beings who exist on other planes, in a metaphorical sense mostly.  This includes ghosts, demons, the earth gods (including earth, sea, and sky), mushi, and the "superior gods" (as I refer to them here for convenience).  If you study and really explore the traditional faerie lore, and penetrate into its intrinsic essence, then you'll find something special that is nebulous with the archaeocosm.  What I'm encouraging for you here is not a general sense of beings, but more so a rounded knowledge of the nature of these beings.  One thing that you can be sure of is this:  If you find yourself grouping one spirit into faeries and another spirit into a different category, then you have missed the mark.
  with metta

Son of Dhamma,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Melamphoros, Cauldron Staff

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #32: January 08, 2011, 05:45:05 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 05:18:08 pm by son of dhamma, Reason: Failed to post quote. »   

son of dhamma,

I will not issue a formal warning because I think you simply misunderstood what was being asked of you--but don't do this again.  Editing after more than 2-3 minutes is prohibited by the rules, especially when your post has already been replied to.  It's not OK to change the conversation after people have already read and replied to what you've written.  Mel was not asking you to fix the post that was already up, and you should not have done so.  It was just a reminder for future posts.

As before, no reply is necessary, and you should not attempt to fix the offending post.  This is only a reminder of the rules and a request to remember them in future posts.  If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact a staff member privately.

Thank you.

Star
Cauldron Message Board Coordinator

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)