The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 18, 2020, 02:30:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 02:30:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2010  (Read 8832 times)
Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #30: October 18, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »

Bigfoot and assorted flavored lubricants.

Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy  snortle. 

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: October 20, 2010, 12:15:03 pm »

I'm contemplating two ideas right now.  I'm thinking about doing some manner of Gothic style--classic tortured lady and dark supernatural happenings--or going with a stream of consciousness, like literally writing everything that comes to mind.  The idea was sparked by Jeannine Durning, who gives herself over to speaking whatever comes to mind.  She doesn't allow herself to censor or stop talking for a period of time (her performance was like 20 minutes). 

From http://www.theaterfrascati.nl/english/lnp/production?voorstelling=20081-649:

Inging - Jeanine Durning
"Inging focuses-ing on emerging processes-ings that are-ing characterized-ing by the constant-ing spontaneous-ing inventing of languages-ing of both speech-ing and body-ing. Inging especially features-ing the ongoing efforts-ing of a body-ing/mind-ing that is-ing simultaneously moving, imagining, languaging, perceiving, sensing, assimilating, connecting, relating, mediating, metabolizing, channeling, acting and reacting to a continuum-ing of accumulating, shifting information-ing, inside out-ing, and outside in-ing. Each public-ing event-ing will-ing conflate-ing practice-ing, performance-ing, improvisation-ing, conversation-ing, sharing-ing, communicating-ing, knowing and not-knowing. In Inging, everything is-ing always being: you-ing, me-ing, us-ing, them-ing, we-ing . . ."

Doing this as a writing exercise is breeds fabulous material for later use.  It's almost like a "fire in the head" without all that head pressure, lol.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #32: October 20, 2010, 06:45:23 pm »

...or going with a stream of consciousness, like literally writing everything that comes to mind.  The idea was sparked by Jeannine Durning, who gives herself over to speaking whatever comes to mind.  She doesn't allow herself to censor or stop talking for a period of time (her performance was like 20 minutes). 

From http://www.theaterfrascati.nl/english/lnp/production?voorstelling=20081-649:

Doing this as a writing exercise is breeds fabulous material for later use.  It's almost like a "fire in the head" without all that head pressure, lol.

I'm now thinking of doing this...in the hope I'll have something to edit at the end.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #33: October 25, 2010, 01:02:59 am »

I've got two at the moment (one a dystopia the other about a rock band who encounter paranormal-related mysteries) along with my planned NaNo and the other dozen or so parts of its convoluted back story.

And now add a superhero story to the mix.....Gods, I hate being a writer sometimes Undecided

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #34: October 25, 2010, 05:23:24 pm »

And now add a superhero story to the mix.....Gods, I hate being a writer sometimes Undecided

Ah, yes, the curse of having too many ideas and not enough brain to hold them all. 

I'm seriously considering rebelling and going back to expand and finish last year's NaNo.  I'm not in love with this year's proposed project at all. 

Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #35: November 10, 2010, 10:26:13 pm »

Well, I think I've started over about three times now, but I've //finally// found a story I'm going to stick with, I hope.  Cheesy I'm actually liking it so far, instead of hating it like I did all the other stories, and it //doesn't// feel like I'm pulling teeth just to write an extra 100 words! Here's hoping I can catch up!  Cheesy

How's everyone doing so far?

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: November 11, 2010, 11:33:40 am »

Well, I think I've started over about three times now, but I've //finally// found a story I'm going to stick with, I hope.  Cheesy I'm actually liking it so far, instead of hating it like I did all the other stories, and it //doesn't// feel like I'm pulling teeth just to write an extra 100 words! Here's hoping I can catch up!  Cheesy

I've got like three thousand words typed up so far, though I think I have a few more pages handwritten somewhere.  I haven't spent as much time on it as I would like to, but I'm happy that I've gotten this far. :p

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Aisling
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #37: November 11, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

I've managed to stick with the same story for the last eleven days so I'm thrilled.  At last count, I was just over 19K, not including the stuff I typed in late last night. With any luck, I'll be closer to 25K by the end of the night.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)