The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 01, 2020, 01:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2020, 01:27:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Spiders!!  (Read 5527 times)
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 09, 2010, 04:58:20 pm »

They are everywhere the past two days!

Yesterday at work I was typing away when I looked over to find a jumping spider* (my shop has tons of them) chilling on my desk. I yelled that he was not welcome and he scuttled sideways like a crab and them jumped down to the floor. I thought that was the end of it. Later on I saw it again in the same spot, not 5 inches from my hand! I had coworker scoop him up and take him outside.  I thought, "phew, it's been relocated, won't bother me anymore."

An hour later I went to take a drink and there was another one in my cup drinking my water!!! I took that one outside too and it pooped in my cup.   Angry

Today I took some paintbrushes outside to wash with the hose and there was a 4th one waiting for me on the faucet handle. It didn't bother me too much as it was outside where it belonged.  But to ice the cake suddenly a HUGE spider scurried across our deck by the sliding glass door. We are talking the size of a small mouse here people. I gave Mr. FierFlye a shovel to squish it with but he only managed to scare into running off and hiding under the house siding.  *shiver* I don't think I can sleep tonight.

* jumping spider photo: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/349143231_ee1a286053.jpg?v=0

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: October 09, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »

They are everywhere the past two days!

Yesterday at work I was typing away when I looked over to find a jumping spider* (my shop has tons of them) chilling on my desk. I yelled that he was not welcome and he scuttled sideways like a crab and them jumped down to the floor. I thought that was the end of it. Later on I saw it again in the same spot, not 5 inches from my hand! I had coworker scoop him up and take him outside.  I thought, "phew, it's been relocated, won't bother me anymore."

An hour later I went to take a drink and there was another one in my cup drinking my water!!! I took that one outside too and it pooped in my cup.   Angry

Today I took some paintbrushes outside to wash with the hose and there was a 4th one waiting for me on the faucet handle. It didn't bother me too much as it was outside where it belonged.  But to ice the cake suddenly a HUGE spider scurried across our deck by the sliding glass door. We are talking the size of a small mouse here people. I gave Mr. FierFlye a shovel to squish it with but he only managed to scare into running off and hiding under the house siding.  *shiver* I don't think I can sleep tonight.

* jumping spider photo: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/349143231_ee1a286053.jpg?v=0

That is like my worst nightmare.
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 09, 2010, 06:48:34 pm »

We get those.  I'll tell you, I'd rather have them than the stink bugs; spiders at least try to hide...usually...

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 09, 2010, 09:15:47 pm »

<3<3<3 I love jumping spiders. I spent most of my youth (when not reading) waving my fingers at them. They know you're there, just like preying mantis's do. Our jumpers are the cutest shade of white, brown, and tan. I've always wanted to go where they have the iridescent pedipalps though ^_^

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 10, 2010, 03:40:47 am »

<3<3<3 I love jumping spiders. I spent most of my youth (when not reading) waving my fingers at them. They know you're there, just like preying mantis's do. Our jumpers are the cutest shade of white, brown, and tan. I've always wanted to go where they have the iridescent pedipalps though ^_^

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine "cute" and "spider" together.  I'm terrified of them.  I'm not afraid of heights, snakes, blood, fish, or Big Bird, but spiders, yes.
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 10, 2010, 03:53:12 am »

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine "cute" and "spider" together.  I'm terrified of them.  I'm not afraid of heights, snakes, blood, fish, or Big Bird, but spiders, yes.

Not trying to be dismissive, but that's what a phobia does.  When one isn't afraid of spiders, they can be viewed and contemplated in a variety of ways.

Me?  I'm terrified of heights (specific sorts of heights, actually, but I digress), and while I could never see myself finding clinging to a rock wall anything but utterly terrifying, I can easily imagine someone who loves rock climbing would feel quite differently.

Brina

ETA:  I find jumping spiders kinda cute too.  In an alien, spidery way.
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #6: October 10, 2010, 07:39:34 am »

ETA:  I find jumping spiders kinda cute too.  In an alien, spidery way.

I like spiders too.
(And ok, we do not have any real poisonous ones around either.)

Once I had a little ac talk with a rather pretty one, I was trying to help out of the bathtub.

It climbed up and I put a piece of TP in its way, to help her get out - that was what I sended her.
And she said: No! I can do this by myself!
Proud little thing. Smiley

When it got too steep and she started sliding back again, she graciously accepted the help and crawled on the TP without any further fuss.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 10, 2010, 02:07:10 pm »

I like spiders too.
(And ok, we do not have any real poisonous ones around either.)

I spent my first decade in black widow country.  My brother was bitten by one and had to be hospitalized (fortunately on his toe, and not too badly, but it hurt a lot).  And even these fascinated me.  <shrug>  I just really like spiders.

Brina
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 10, 2010, 03:25:24 pm »

<3<3<3 I love jumping spiders.

The jumping spiders I don't mind, so long as they aren't trying to crawl on my or share my beverages. 

Whatever was on the back porch however, I'm considering setting out a mousetrap for.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 10, 2010, 06:33:15 pm »

The jumping spiders I don't mind, so long as they aren't trying to crawl on my or share my beverages. 

Whatever was on the back porch however, I'm considering setting out a mousetrap for.

Tarantulas make me squick, but most other things I'll at least stay long enough to kill them >.> But jumping spiders are my darlings. I actually have a spell I made that has a jumper help secure something in an auction. Works pretty well too ^_^

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
salisem
Journeyman
Last Login:March 05, 2011, 11:14:13 am

Religion: Slowly finding my path, and having fun doing it. :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 12, 2010, 08:31:30 am »

We get those.  I'll tell you, I'd rather have them than the stink bugs; spiders at least try to hide...usually...

x2!!!!!  I am soooo fed up with the damn stink bugs.  And I'm usually terrified of spiders...
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 12, 2010, 10:27:08 am »

I can tolerate spiders up until they encroach on my personal space. F'ex: The other day, I was minding my own business at work when some motion caught the corner of my eye. Lo and behold, this white-yellow spider comes climbing out of the tape dispenser. I went, "Yeeeek!" and shuddered my way away from it. I made the boy on duty take it outside.

Honestly, my worst fear are generally scuttling type creatures. I'm fine with bugs and flies and whatnot, but the moment something that scuttles (like this particular bad ass) and I'm a pile of mind-blown scaredy cat. And yes, if you're asking, this is due to the blue crab. One attacked me and it's been downhill with the whole species ever since.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #12: October 12, 2010, 11:05:31 am »

I spent my first decade in black widow country.  My brother was bitten by one and had to be hospitalized (fortunately on his toe, and not too badly, but it hurt a lot).  And even these fascinated me.  <shrug>  I just really like spiders.

Brina

Black widows have a certain way of moving that in and unto themselves is just horrifying.  Something about their body shape makes them lunge along like horror movie characters.

I'll take jumping spiders any day. 

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 12, 2010, 12:15:26 pm »

Black widows have a certain way of moving that in and unto themselves is just horrifying.  Something about their body shape makes them lunge along like horror movie characters.

I'll take jumping spiders any day. 

Me too!

Spiders outside - I'm fine.  In my living space, I go into berserker spider killing mode.

AntlerandHerb.com
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 12, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »

I can tolerate spiders up until they encroach on my personal space. F'ex: The other day, I was minding my own business at work when some motion caught the corner of my eye. Lo and behold, this white-yellow spider comes climbing out of the tape dispenser. I went, "Yeeeek!" and shuddered my way away from it. I made the boy on duty take it outside.

We have a deal with those yellowish-white spiders - if they stay out of reach, I leave them alone.  But, if I find them on my toothbrush handle, I'm doing some squishing.  This is the one I usually see.

Honestly, my worst fear are generally scuttling type creatures. I'm fine with bugs and flies and whatnot, but the moment something that scuttles (like this particular bad ass) and I'm a pile of mind-blown scaredy cat. And yes, if you're asking, this is due to the blue crab. One attacked me and it's been downhill with the whole species ever since.

Blue crabs, hmmm?  They taste good.  This guy, on the other hand, does not.  They freak me out!

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)