The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2019, 05:47:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 05:47:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dreaming Gemstones: Carnelian Turns To...?  (Read 3831 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 19, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

The dream is thus: I looked down at my hand and I wore a ring of carnelian. It was on my right index finger. It glowed blood red. The ring was long, taking up the entire space between the base of my finger and the first knuckle. It glowed a pulsing red, but soon changed color like it was a mood ring. It changed to a deep, dark, ever-lasting blue. It was the blue a mood ring sticks to once itís been worn too often. It was that shade of blue, but I remembered the vivid red.

So, that was my dream about gemstones. I don't know if the stone was turning into a new stone or if it was trying to tell me something. I'm going to assume it was turning into another gemstone. So, with that in mind, what kind of gemstones are out there that are the color of midnight blue?

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: October 19, 2010, 11:09:57 am »

So, with that in mind, what kind of gemstones are out there that are the color of midnight blue?

http://www.heilsteine.info/lapislazuli-mit-pyrit-t1283.html Lapislazuli for one and my favorite Sodalith http://www.heilsteine.info/sodalith-t2627.html

Auzurite is pretty dark too. http://www.heilsteine.info/azurit-t833.html

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 19, 2010, 11:14:10 am »

The color of azurite is too light (or at least of the photographs I saw) and the color of sodalith isn't right because of the white swirls in the stone. Lapis Lazuli is a possibility, though. And it would make sense since it was a very important stone to ancient Egyptians.

Any other thoughts? I don't want to narrow down my avenue of search too soon.  Smiley

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: October 19, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »

So, with that in mind, what kind of gemstones are out there that are the color of midnight blue?

The three that spring to my mind are:

Spectrolite:  It's a form of labradorite found in Finland.  (Example.)  Some specimens have different color flashes along with the blue, but many pieces are completely blue.  I have a few gorgeous briolettes beads of the true blue -- absolutely beautiful.

Kyanite:  This can come in a variety of shades and opaque or transparent.  The gem quality is amazing.  (Example.)

Sapphire:  Comes in many colors.  (Example of blue sapphireExample of blue star sapphire.)

Maybe blue tourmaline:  Tourmaline also comes in a wide variety of colors, and includes many shades of blue.  (Example.)

There are also blue quartzes, which are usually (maybe always, I don't remember) the result of treating clear quartz.  (Example.)

And some varieties of opal can be a beautiful blue.  Maybe too light, though.  (Example.)

Do any of those look right?

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: October 19, 2010, 04:49:18 pm »

The dream is thus: I looked down at my hand and I wore a ring of carnelian. It was on my right index finger. It glowed blood red. The ring was long, taking up the entire space between the base of my finger and the first knuckle. It glowed a pulsing red, but soon changed color like it was a mood ring. It changed to a deep, dark, ever-lasting blue. It was the blue a mood ring sticks to once itís been worn too often. It was that shade of blue, but I remembered the vivid red.

So, that was my dream about gemstones. I don't know if the stone was turning into a new stone or if it was trying to tell me something. I'm going to assume it was turning into another gemstone. So, with that in mind, what kind of gemstones are out there that are the color of midnight blue?

How opaque was the blue stone?  Did it look about the same as carnelian or did it look more glassy (like a sapphire or diamond)?

Aside from the options Tana and Moon Ivy gave, the only blue gem that I can think of are tanzanite, zircon, and iolite.

I would add turquoise, aquamarine, and blue topaz but they would all probably be to light.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #5: October 20, 2010, 08:26:26 am »

Do any of those look right?

The spectrolite looked close (and it looks pretty!). The kyanite, sapphire, star sapphire, blue tourmaline, and the blue opal are out. They're all exceptionally pretty. The blue quartz is another possibility, though.

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 20, 2010, 08:28:54 am »

How opaque was the blue stone?  Did it look about the same as carnelian or did it look more glassy (like a sapphire or diamond)?

It was the same as the carnelian, but I can't say that it was that way because of the stone itself or simply because of the light. (There was none at that point.) I would assume, however, that it was due to the stone being of an opaque make. Iolite is a possibility since the stone itself is so dark in some cases, but that looks to be the only stone that it could be.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: October 20, 2010, 08:59:21 pm »

Iolite is a possibility since the stone itself is so dark in some cases, but that looks to be the only stone that it could be.

Iolite is usually pretty light, and more of a lavender than a blue. (Example.)  Is that how it looked in your dream?

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 21, 2010, 05:20:15 pm »

Iolite is usually pretty light, and more of a lavender than a blue. (Example.)  Is that how it looked in your dream?

Sigh. No.  Cry Maybe it was the lapis...

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #9: October 21, 2010, 05:23:30 pm »

Sigh. No.  Cry Maybe it was the lapis...

HA! It looked like this.

Thank you, Tana, for the original suggestion. And thank you, Moon Ivy and Mel, for your input, as well.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: October 22, 2010, 02:10:22 am »

HA! It looked like this.

Thank you, Tana, for the original suggestion. And thank you, Moon Ivy and Mel, for your input, as well.

You might already have noticed this in the link, but the stone in the pictured ring is simulated.  Also, it's unusually dark and un-spotted for lapis, which is typically a more royal blue (rather than the navy blue of the stone in the ring) and contains inclusions of pyrite (gold color).  These examples show the more typical lapis coloring.

I realize this might not matter, since you were just trying to identify what you saw in your dream, but thought I'd point it out in case it's important to you.   Smiley

Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 22, 2010, 05:32:07 pm »

You might already have noticed this in the link, but the stone in the pictured ring is simulated.  Also, it's unusually dark and un-spotted for lapis, which is typically a more royal blue (rather than the navy blue of the stone in the ring) and contains inclusions of pyrite (gold color).  These examples show the more typical lapis coloring.

I realize this might not matter, since you were just trying to identify what you saw in your dream, but thought I'd point it out in case it's important to you.   Smiley

...That could possibly make a difference. I'll have to meditate up on it. (That heart lapis is cute!)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.