The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 16, 2021, 07:56:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 07:56:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Are you dressing your kids? What are you Dressing them as? Any specific reason  (Read 9626 times)
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am
United States United States

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Topic Start: October 27, 2010, 11:58:43 pm »

No hidden contexts or deeper spiritual whatever unless you want there to be.  We've spent the last few weeks scouring the goodwill for bits and bobs for costumes and in spite of this being our financially worst year (so far, Murphy, so far, kthx) our urban celebration has been the largest we've ever done.  I don't know whether this is a product of the kids getting older, or looking to costuming and theatrics for a bit of an escape from the realities that close in from all sides.  Anyhoo, I digress;

What are you all dressing up as?  What are your kiddo's dressing up as?!  What have you done in prep?  Are you trix-r-treating? Share pics as you can, I'm waiting for my camera batteries to charge, but tomorrow night my oldest has a school event so we'll be doing a trial run of the costume and will share pic's!

Sure to be a hit with the ladies...  *WEG!*

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #1: October 28, 2010, 12:20:19 am »

What are your kiddo's dressing up as?! 

My boys will be going as a zombie and a plant (probably a sunflower).  This is hilariously funny if you are a Popcap games fan, and means nothing if you are not.

Sperran
Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #2: October 28, 2010, 12:41:46 am »

My boys will be going as a zombie and a plant (probably a sunflower).  This is hilariously funny if you are a Popcap games fan, and means nothing if you are not.

Sperran

I've never played the game, but I totally know what you're talking about by the ads.  Bejewelled is my guilty pleasure.

-LIz Pahir
folksymama
Master Member
Last Login:January 15, 2011, 01:56:10 pm

Religion: Kitchen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: October 28, 2010, 10:31:27 am »

What are you all dressing up as?  What are your kiddo's dressing up as?! 

My kids are going as Mario, Luigi, a mermaid, and Cleopatra.  I miss the days when I could get away with themed costumes.  They were soooo cute the year we did "Wizard of Oz Villians".  Wicked Witch of the west, complete with the green face, of course; wicked witch of the East, wearing the ruby slippers, as it should be; a flying monkey and one of those blue faced guys who goes "Oh-Wee-Oh".  That was my FAVORITE year! Smiley

I will probably be...a witch.  Big surprise.  I'm always a witch.
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: October 28, 2010, 10:52:37 am »

I will probably be...a witch.  Big surprise.  I'm always a witch.

Yep, me too. It's the only day of the year that I can wear my favorite hat.

Our little guy is going as some kind of pumpkin demon. Honestly, I'm not sure what his costume is really supposed to be. He picked it out himself, while he was shopping with his mom for decorations.

He gets two nights of trick-or-treat this year. First with his mom on Saturday, then we'll be going to my sister's neighborhood on Sunday so he can trick-or-treat with my nephews.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: October 28, 2010, 11:37:36 am »

Swugster is dressing up as a cow, and I'm dressing up as a dragon.  Then I'm going to chase him through the neighborhood trying to gobble him up.

No idea if he'll get any candy, but hey, it'll be fun. Cheesy

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: October 28, 2010, 01:08:27 pm »

Two of my three won't be here with us, but I hear that the older one is doing some kind of Cleopatra thing again, and the younger one is one of the guests at the Masque of the Red Death (red ball gown, glittery birdlike mask, wig).

My biodaughter's settled (I think) on a ninja, with a side of Kakashi (Naruto). She's going low-key with black sweats, black sweatshirt, black balaclava--and a shock of white hair over one eye. The Kakashi thing hit her when she was just looking into the mirror and realized that she wears her hair that way anyway, all the time--all she'd have to do is spray-color it white. If we can find the Leaf Village headband we had a couple years ago, so much the better.

Hubby and I are being politically incorrect and dressing up as Ukrainian mobsters (or mobster and moll, if you prefer) because we've watched too much Burn Notice and enjoy "The Italian Job" too much. It all started when he handed me the electric clippers so I could give him a trim--and forgot to put the guard on the blades. Oops. He shaved his head (he's already bald, it didnt' take long) but left the beard and 'stache, and I said "You need to change your name to Yuri." We were off and running, then. He's got the "body" made (stuffed a tarp and wrapped it in a rain fly from a tent), we'll park the SUV on the lawn, and the candy will be in a SKIL tool-bag instead of a cauldron. "You don't see nothink? You don't say nothink? Hokay, you can have candy."

Pics might follow, we'll have to see.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: October 28, 2010, 01:48:35 pm »

The youngest child of either of us is 18 - and he decides at the very last minute (he'll be at mom's (still in high school) so not our problem).  The others - we have a priest (he and 2 firends going door to door as priests of Satan in Jesuit robes passing out tracts and not asking for candy) and a vampire slayer (all black and red) and sexy Alice with her 6'4" husband as the white rabbit....

The SO and I are going to a costume required party as Soviets - I will be a political officer (in one of my accounting work outfits - all black with white shirt) and his name tag will say "agricultural consultant" which is apparently a standard for spy or military trainer for us and probably the Russians too.  He's wearing all black with a black soviet cap and we will both have soviet pins on.  I will ask appropriate questions and make people nervous.  Grin

AntlerandHerb.com
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: October 28, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »

Kitten will be a kitten
Stanley will be a soldier
tia will be a something
Victor will be the Terminator, all 6 ft 1 beanpole of him. 

only the younger two will te tricko or treating, the Terminator hands out candy.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #9: October 28, 2010, 03:17:46 pm »

Kitten will be a kitten
Stanley will be a soldier
tia will be a something
Victor will be the Terminator, all 6 ft 1 beanpole of him. 

only the younger two will te tricko or treating, the Terminator hands out candy.

If I were a little kid, I might be sort of afraid to ask the Terminator for candy.   Cheesy

Sperran
mandrina
High Adept Member

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: October 28, 2010, 03:54:19 pm »

If I were a little kid, I might be sort of afraid to ask the Terminator for candy.   Cheesy

Sperran

well, it's an easier costume than a predator.  and tia will be a wench.

Starglade
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 28, 2010, 05:10:59 pm »

<snippage>

The SO and I are going to a costume required party as Soviets - I will be a political officer (in one of my accounting work outfits - all black with white shirt) and his name tag will say "agricultural consultant" which is apparently a standard for spy or military trainer for us and probably the Russians too.  He's wearing all black with a black soviet cap and we will both have soviet pins on.  I will ask appropriate questions and make people nervous.  Grin

I LOVE this. LOVE it. My Ukrainian moll getup is similar to yours--but I bet I'm showing a little more skin. LOLOL White dress shirt, black pencil skirt, black fishnets, black stilettos (or maybe boots--weather will determine this), black fedora, black "velvet" coat with "fur" trim. And a homemade LAW to keep the little beasts under control.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

mandrina
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: October 28, 2010, 05:23:30 pm »

I LOVE this. LOVE it. My Ukrainian moll getup is similar to yours--but I bet I'm showing a little more skin. LOLOL White dress shirt, black pencil skirt, black fishnets, black stilettos (or maybe boots--weather will determine this), black fedora, black "velvet" coat with "fur" trim. And a homemade LAW to keep the little beasts under control.

A long long time ago (probably halloween of 90), a couple at work dressed up as Saddam Hussein and Albania.

Starglade
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 28, 2010, 06:05:02 pm »

A long long time ago (probably halloween of 90), a couple at work dressed up as Saddam Hussein and Albania.

We had a couple come as Jim and Tammy Faye one year, and a couple years later about half of TSR's art department showed up at the annual party given by one of the cartographers as Saudi sheiks, complete with wads of money they threw at people and used to light cigars.

Then there was my "sex unicorn" outfit . . . a disco dress (it was really mine, I admit) in white jersey, with a HUGE silver sequined half-circle on the right side to which the midsection was gathered, so it draped just so, and was slit to *there* from the knee-length hem, with which I wore a white latex unicorn head and faux-fur fetlocks (say that five times fast), and silver spike heels. I must say, it was quite the attention-getter. Heh.

Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #14: October 28, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »

Swugster is dressing up as a cow, and I'm dressing up as a dragon.  Then I'm going to chase him through the neighborhood trying to gobble him up.

No idea if he'll get any candy, but hey, it'll be fun. Cheesy

That willl be ADORABLE!  I'm a total sucker for cow costumes.  The dragon thing is just icing.  I would be throwing reces cups just for the cow thing.

My boys are going to be Jack Sparrow and Will Turner Cheesy  We scoured ther goodwill and I got the fabric for the vests on the remanants pile at the fabric storeon 50% off on top of the usual remenants discount!  My sister did the seams, I tailored and came up with a patched together costume that really ended up coming out pretty cool!

-LIz Pahir

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)