The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 15, 2021, 10:35:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2021, 10:35:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Annual TC WInter Holiday Card Exchange  (Read 16160 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: November 10, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »

Hi, Cauldronites.

As has been suggested by a couple of members in the Holidays thread, The Cauldron will be doing a Winter Holiday Card Exchange for the first time this year.

Here's how it works:

Anyone interested in participating should PM or email me by midnight (US Eastern Time), November 30.

Include your mailing address, and tell me if you are willing to be paired with someone in a different country (which will mean you'll have to spend more in postage).

Then I'll take all the names and do a random draw to set each participant up with a recipient.  Nobody would receive a card from the same person they're assigned to send to.  I will PM the name and address of your recipient to you by December 6.

Cards can be handmade or store bought.  They must be sent in time to arrive at their destination by December 18.

If anyone wants to include a small, inexpensive, handmade gift, that is OK, but not required.  Enclosures must be something that could fit inside the card and it's normal envelope, and not require any extra packaging.  Nothing breakable or perishable.  (I'm envisioning something along the lines of origami, pipe cleaner decorations, drawings, poetry, a postcard, a photo, a pressed flower, or something like that.  It's important that nobody feels pressured to spend more than a few dollars on this exchange.)

Participation in the card exchange is strictly voluntary.  By contacting me with your address, you are acknowledging that The Cauldron is not responsible for any problems that might result from participation in the exchange.

If you're interested, PM or email me by midnight (US Eastern Time), November 30.

Any questions?  Post them here.

~ Aster

Edited to add:  PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD, AS QUESTIONS MAY BE ASKED AND ANSWERED BELOW.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:06:47 am by Aster Breo, Reason: Added \"Please read entire thread\" » Logged

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: November 10, 2010, 05:27:42 pm »

If you're interested, PM or email me by midnight (US Eastern Time), November 30.

I modified this part of the message to use the forum's email system rather than give an email address as doing it this way will limit participation to actual members of the forum.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: November 10, 2010, 05:53:56 pm »

I modified this part of the message to use the forum's email system rather than give an email address as doing it this way will limit participation to actual members of the forum.

Cool.  Thanks!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: November 10, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »

I'm in! Smiley

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama
Autumn Twilight
Journeyman
Last Login:September 08, 2011, 12:06:43 pm

Religion: Pagan/unspecific

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: November 11, 2010, 12:50:32 pm »

Hi, Cauldronites.

As has been suggested by a couple of members in the Holidays thread, The Cauldron will be doing a Winter Holiday Card Exchange for the first time this year.

Here's how it works:

Anyone interested in participating should PM or email me by midnight (US Eastern Time), November 30.

Include your mailing address, and tell me if you are willing to be paired with someone in a different country (which will mean you'll have to spend more in postage).

Then I'd take all the names and do a random draw to set each participant up with a recipient.  Nobody would receive a card from the same person they're assigned to send to.  I will PM the name and address of your recipient to you by December 6.

Cards can be handmade or store bought.  They must be sent in time to arrive at their destination by December 18.

If anyone wants to include a small, inexpensive, handmade gift, that is OK, but not required.  Enclosures must be something that could fit inside the card and it's normal envelope, and not require any extra packaging.  Nothing breakable or perishable.  (I'm envisioning something along the lines of origami, pipe cleaner decorations, drawings, poetry, a postcard, a photo, a pressed flower, or something like that.  It's important that nobody feels pressured to spend more than a few dollars on this exchange.)

Participation in the card exchange is strictly voluntary.  By contacting me with your address, you are acknowledging that The Cauldron is not responsible for any problems that might result from participation in the exchange.

Any questions?  Post them here.

~ Aster

I sent you a pm.  Smiley
I am super excited about this and if there is anything I can do to help, just say the word! Grin

~Dawna~
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 11, 2010, 04:05:05 pm »

I'm game!

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #6: November 14, 2010, 07:16:45 pm »

This sounds like fun. I'm in! Sending you a PM shortly. Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 15, 2010, 02:21:18 am »

Cool. I'm in.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
savatage
Journeyman
Last Login:February 25, 2015, 02:18:02 am
Australia Australia

Religion: working on it

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: November 15, 2010, 04:05:45 am »

I think this is a great idea, i'm in.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: November 15, 2010, 07:04:51 am »

I've received a couple of questions about what name to use for the card exchange -- that is, whether participants should provide their TC screen names or their real names (i.e., legal names).

Answer:  Whichever you prefer.   Cheesy

If you are not comfortable providing your real name, AND you are confident that a card sent to your screen name will be properly delivered, you may simply give me your TC screen name and your real ("snail mail") address.

So, f'ex, that would be something like:
Aster Breo
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

OR, if you prefer to provide your real name -- perhaps because you aren't sure whether a card would be delivered to your screen name, that would be something like:
Jane Doe
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

OR, you can cover all the bases, and provide both:
Jane Doe (Aster Breo)
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the card exchange, please post them here.   Smiley

stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: November 15, 2010, 10:14:34 am »

I've received a couple of questions about what name to use for the card exchange -- that is, whether participants should provide their TC screen names or their real names (i.e., legal names).

Answer:  Whichever you prefer.   Cheesy

If you are not comfortable providing your real name, AND you are confident that a card sent to your screen name will be properly delivered, you may simply give me your TC screen name and your real ("snail mail") address.

So, f'ex, that would be something like:
Aster Breo
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

OR, if you prefer to provide your real name -- perhaps because you aren't sure whether a card would be delivered to your screen name, that would be something like:
Jane Doe
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

OR, you can cover all the bases, and provide both:
Jane Doe (Aster Breo)
123 Anyplace Road
Somecity, STATE 12345
USA

If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the card exchange, please post them here.   Smiley

Oops, forgot to mention in the message I sent you that I'm OK sending to either US or Canada. Smiley

alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #11: November 15, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

I am looking forward to this! Definitely in!   Cheesy

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: November 16, 2010, 09:50:43 pm »

I'm going to bump this thread every now and then until the deadline, just to make sure as many people as possible see it.

So far, we have about a dozen participants, from a variety of countries.  This is going to be fun!

~ Aster

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #13: November 16, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »

So far, we have about a dozen participants, from a variety of countries. 

That's great! I'm going to work on my card this weekend. Time to brainstorm creative ideas.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: November 16, 2010, 11:41:38 pm »

I just PM'd you - I'm excited!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)