The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2020, 04:35:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 04:35:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Merging Gods, and Soft vs Hard polythiesm.  (Read 17609 times)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: February 17, 2011, 01:08:09 pm »

Well... she's also the patroness of healing but... yeah. She meant that one.

healing through DESTROYING THE CRAP OUT OF THE SICKNESS.

the difference between "make the immune system better" and "nuke the crud" - She's ALL ABOUT nuking the crud!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Last Login:August 15, 2014, 02:06:27 pm
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #31: February 17, 2011, 01:12:57 pm »

Thanks, but I think that I should of meant about all the violence and that one protestor getting killed. Of course I don't think that she liked that reporter getting raped, it was on the news. I do hope that things work well for the Egyptians and that the new leader is fair and just.

You know, with everything that happened - and I followed it close, because I had a friend in the middle of it - my main experience as a Sekhmet kid was that this was Her work. This is Sekhmet - the violence an chaos that is needed to return to justice. Sekhmet is a Goddess of justice of the kind that comes at a price. I've watched with horror at some of the things that happened - though even more with admiration for the strength and honor of the Egyptian people - but also with faith that this is what was needed to return to ma'at.

--Chabas
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:00:05 am

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist/Hard Polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: February 17, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »

You know, with everything that happened - and I followed it close, because I had a friend in the middle of it - my main experience as a Sekhmet kid was that this was Her work. This is Sekhmet - the violence an chaos that is needed to return to justice. Sekhmet is a Goddess of justice of the kind that comes at a price. I've watched with horror at some of the things that happened - though even more with admiration for the strength and honor of the Egyptian people - but also with faith that this is what was needed to return to ma'at.

--Chabas

Which I hope is very soon. I personally don't like all this violance.
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #33: February 17, 2011, 02:28:06 pm »

Which I hope is very soon. I personally don't like all this violance.

That's the point, though.  You don't like the violence - but you cannot take your personal opinions and place them on a Goddess that is known to have the opposite view.  If change is needed and it can only happen through violence, so be it.  Sekhmet revels in the restoration of ma'at, no matter how it comes to pass.

By assuming that She agrees with you and therefore abhors violence, you cheapen Her.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: February 17, 2011, 02:52:41 pm »

That's the point, though.  You don't like the violence - but you cannot take your personal opinions and place them on a Goddess that is known to have the opposite view.  If change is needed and it can only happen through violence, so be it.  Sekhmet revels in the restoration of ma'at, no matter how it comes to pass.

By assuming that She agrees with you and therefore abhors violence, you cheapen Her.

I don't mean to cheapen her, I understand that she revels in the restoration of Ma'at, which is why she's known as the Eye of Ra. I've known this for many years but that doesn't mean that I have to like all this violance. I hope that things calm down and peace comes to that country.
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: February 17, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »

I don't mean to cheapen her, I understand that she revels in the restoration of Ma'at, which is why she's known as the Eye of Ra. I've known this for many years but that doesn't mean that I have to like all this violance. I hope that things calm down and peace comes to that country.

no one's saying YOU have to like it.  Just that you can't say that because you don't like it She doesn't either.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: February 17, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »

no one's saying YOU have to like it.  Just that you can't say that because you don't like it She doesn't either.

Then I ask for both you all and her's forgiveness.
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #37: February 17, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »

Peace a concept that humanity cannot understand. Utopia does not exist. But that is slightly OT.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.