The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 02, 2020, 11:42:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2020, 11:42:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mandi-BHUZ  (Read 2508 times)
hassMysteria
Journeyman
Last Login:November 29, 2007, 05:59:40 pm
United States United States

Religion: Solitary Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 08, 2007, 09:23:16 pm »

Are you on the message boards there? I love that site! thanks so much for pointing me in that direction Smiley bunch of very nice people over there!!

plus I've found a belly dance studio I am going to start classes at mid-July!! ((Urban Gypsy))

**veryExcited**

anywho, just sayin thanks

"envy is ignorance; imitation is suicide"

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #1: June 09, 2007, 09:40:57 am »

Are you on the message boards there? I love that site! thanks so much for pointing me in that direction Smiley bunch of very nice people over there!!

plus I've found a belly dance studio I am going to start classes at mid-July!! ((Urban Gypsy))

**veryExcited**

anywho, just sayin thanks

I haven't been on in a good year.   Cheesy  Bhuz roxes, and it's one of the few places where you can really get into it an talk shop.  You'll find the best of the best mingling with everyday nobody's over there.  Gals from The Indigo/ Bellydance Superstars Occasionally pop through, Shira; a gal who has an online dance info site that is second to none - I should have pointed you to her earlier, and bunches of overseas dancers.

It's one of the few places where people will debate whether a directional 3/4 shimmy hold the same classic nuances as a standard 3/4 and a place where people really care about whether you're doing a flat figure 8 with a *swish swish* in the middle, or it if you're *REALLY* nailing the ever elusive 'jewel in the lotus'

In costuming, there's a thread to the degree of worst dance costumes ever, and it is hilarious.

Since I'm not working any more, I can't participate at the level that I did before, and jealousy keeps me from being able to just sit back and enjoy watching others, so I've just sort of faded out stage left.  Better to have dropped at a point where I was a respectable force rather than a backstage jingler.

They are a great bunch of gals, a tight bunch and while they can at times seem rather like the Hydra, if they are rooting for you, you'll never have a more faithful bunch of belly buddies.   Wink

Congrats on the classes.  My eyebrows sort of went through my hairline at the cost of the video.  The styles I've looked into more have been the "cabaret" styles.  Urban Gypsy works with the "tribal" style, which is a bit different, is done in groups, and some of the movements aren't as flashy.  Back in the day I had the luck to get into a seminar with Carolena Nericcio.  Bahaia was my teacher in Austin, and you'll see oodles of her ads over at Bhuz.  She runs some camps and brings in some great dancers from Egypt who are known for their styles.

http://www.bahaia.com/hot_sem.html

I was also teaching and running seminars for a gal Lucilla, who's family I parted on rather bad terms with, due to some indiscretions.  In the Austin/ San Antonio area, she's got a finger in pretty much every pie. 

If you're ever in the Austin Area, Sage is an awesome dancer who works with a troupe called Sangre Del Sol and even through she doesn't go in for the dance scene drama - she's kind of her own division, she is THE best. 

From my old website...

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
hassMysteria
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 09, 2007, 01:04:10 pm »

thanks again Smiley

I decided to go with Tribal style for my first real instruction mainly because it's ina group and since, like you say, the moves don't seem to be as flashy~ i do indeed love the costumes and seems I already have quite a few items I could use in a Tribal costume *laughs* , but I think eventually I will be wanting to do bigger/more movements, and possibly on my own.......so we'll see where this takes me Smiley

as for the Austin area....I lived there for a year, several years ago........and now am in the Houston area and planning on moving back to the Austin/Hill Country area next summer Cheesy

I have noticed that there seem to be some names that evn I recognised over there on the BHUZ, and one lady who I didn't knwo who was, was giving me some good, encouraging advice, and I have no idea how "big" she is, or if she even is, but later I saw a video of her performing which I though was cool (her name was Tamra Henna and she knew the ladies who instruct at one of the studios I was considering)

as pretty much anewbie in all this awesome belly dance stuff, I'd have to say, thus far, my favorite dancer is Rachel Brice *drool* ....((excuse my drool)) I like her look and style...it's great....and I have to admit that she's quite easy on the eyes *blush*

do you ever belly dance anymore? I know you say you don't professionally dance anymore.....but it seems like something you could still just do for fun or go to all the festivals they seem to have just to see what's up in the community. I know here in Houston there are quite a few cafe/restaurant places that have belly dance performances

anywho... I'm going to check out the other link you sent along Smiley

EDIT: just checked out that link and the 'Hot Dance Camp w/ Aziza" and 'The Hot Tribal Dance Camp" both sound like so much fun! I have to remember that for next year....just sounds like a ton of fun....plus Rachel Brice is at one of them...at least this year she is! :O

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:15:38 pm by hassMysteria » Logged

Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #3: June 09, 2007, 03:56:26 pm »

Tamra Henna is a DOLL.  Both in person and online.  We worked Bahaias HOT dance camp together last year, and she and Bahaia have actually gotten to spend the summer at Jill Parkers house playing with her costumes and in her studio.

Lucky girls. 

Aziza is also an incredible dancer and person and will steer you in all the right directions.  She's another teacher who is just beyond words and has shaped some very influential dancers.

Nah, even doing drum circles and gathers is out of the question.  Said indiscretion has created such a long shadow that it's taken many many moons to even begin to repair my personal life.

Because it is still so painful to others who were involved, I dance a little at home in front of the mirror for exercise and ego, but other than that even a festival or event is out of the question.  To many painful memories for all involved.

Not to say that I still don't love it - in a closety fashion.  When you start thinking about buying your first professional costume give me a poke.  I have a couple that I'll eventually probably want to sell.  Not quite yet, but soon.

-LIz Pahir
hassMysteria
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 09, 2007, 05:07:36 pm »

Not to say that I still don't love it - in a closety fashion.  When you start thinking about buying your first professional costume give me a poke.  I have a couple that I'll eventually probably want to sell.  Not quite yet, but soon.

I'll remember to give you that poke Smiley

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to sign up to go to the HOT Tribal Dance Camp for next April Cheesy

do you happen to have a myspace site, or anything of that sort?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 05:09:12 pm by hassMysteria » Logged

Mandi
Adept Member

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 09, 2007, 05:35:10 pm »

I'll remember to give you that poke Smiley

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to sign up to go to the HOT Tribal Dance Camp for next April Cheesy

do you happen to have a myspace site, or anything of that sort?

I'm a total myspacer.  I love anyplace that lets me code my own page.

http://www.myspace.com/seichimat

If you sign up for HOT dance camp, drop me a line.  If there's a distance thing going on I'd be more than happy to let you crash here, although I can't offer much more than a sleeping bag, a shower and someone to have dinner with if you don't mind the ever present taco addiction around my house.

All the same we're almost literally 5 minutes from the hotel she did the camps at last year.  The camp in Hunt, we're about 35min from.

I would love to take the classes, but when deciding where to spread my hubbs limited tolerance around, right now I'm thinking about sneaking in some tattoos the haven't been mentioned to him, so his *pissed offedness* tolerance for the next 6mo is going to be used up on that.

We could go to Ararat, which is my all time favorite middle eastern restaurant around here.  I've worked and eaten both there and at another place called Cleopatras, but the food, and the owners are far superior to the owner of Cleopatras. 

I've got a massive girly crush on the owner, and the gals who work are so sweet.  They for the most part all dance though not professionally and have such great personalities.  Doesn't hurt that they've got ink and can cook like nobody's business!

-LIz Pahir
hassMysteria
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 10, 2007, 12:25:17 am »

*laughs*  getting new tattoos sounds like a justifiable thing to bring up the 'pissed offedness' levels Cheesy  ...I'm hoping that I can get some new ink soon *hope*
*GoesAndFindsYouOnMyspace*

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)