The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 04, 2020, 09:16:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 04, 2020, 09:16:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Call for Papers for 7th Conference on Current Pagan Studies -- deadline extended  (Read 2861 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 18, 2010, 01:52:48 am »

My mom sent me this info in an email and I figured I'd post it here, in case anyone was interested. Smiley

The conference is being held January 22 & 23, 2011, in Claremont, CA, and the call for papers has been extended to November 26th. You can find out what they're looking for here.

-Morag

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: November 18, 2010, 03:28:43 pm »

My mom sent me this info in an email and I figured I'd post it here, in case anyone was interested. Smiley

The conference is being held January 22 & 23, 2011, in Claremont, CA, and the call for papers has been extended to November 26th. You can find out what they're looking for here.

-Morag

... aaand it looks like I'm going to have to write one.  Or cobble together some of my essays for one, more accurately.

...... wish I'd seen this .. a month or two ago ... Cheesy  Thanks Morag!

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 19, 2010, 05:24:18 am »

...... wish I'd seen this .. a month or two ago ... Cheesy

I know! Me too. I have no time to put anything together (and no essays I could even base anything off) but I thought there could be some interest here. Lo and behold -- I was right! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: November 19, 2010, 06:26:34 am »

I know! Me too. I have no time to put anything together (and no essays I could even base anything off) but I thought there could be some interest here. Lo and behold -- I was right! Smiley

I've got ten tons of stuff (obviously - just look at TC!) I just need to put it together into a coherent format.

And .. fly on an airplane.  *whimper*  Wanna give paper virtually!  *whimper*  Don't see why I have to physically GO to a discussion on community! Tongue

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: November 22, 2010, 08:50:33 am »

Okay.  whimpering time's done, I've got work to do. Cheesy  Here's the abstract I plan to send - any comments before it goes?

Abstract:
   Pantheism is the belief that we are all part of God.  If this is true, it changes the way we look at each other and the world we live in.  There is nothing truly separate, no actions which have no effect outside ourselves.  There is no “them” we can push aside and ignore.  We have to take care of our community, because the people around us are Divine.  There is just us.
   What does a world look like when you see everyone as part of God?  How does it change life and the way we live?  A place where differences are cherished as the way the Divine manifests in many different forms.  If we are all part of God, differences are as sacred as agreements.  The individual is sacred, as is the group.
   Instead of a mystical approach, this is an attempt at a nuts-and-bolts understanding of the mechanics of a pantheistic worldview and how to live inside it in a devout and loving manner.

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: November 22, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

Okay.  whimpering time's done, I've got work to do. Cheesy  Here's the abstract I plan to send - any comments before it goes?

Abstract:
   Pantheism is the belief that we are all part of God.  If this is true, it changes the way we look at each other and the world we live in.  There is nothing truly separate, no actions which have no effect outside ourselves.  There is no “them” we can push aside and ignore.  We have to take care of our community, because the people around us are Divine.  There is just us.
   What does a world look like when you see everyone as part of God?  How does it change life and the way we live?  A place where differences are cherished as the way the Divine manifests in many different forms.  If we are all part of God, differences are as sacred as agreements.  The individual is sacred, as is the group.
   Instead of a mystical approach, this is an attempt at a nuts-and-bolts understanding of the mechanics of a pantheistic worldview and how to live inside it in a devout and loving manner.

I like it. And if I were on the deciding committee, I'd definitely choose your paper. Smiley

Good luck!

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: November 23, 2010, 10:01:13 am »

I like it. And if I were on the deciding committee, I'd definitely choose your paper. Smiley

Good luck!

Thanks!  Sending it out today.

whimpering to commence afterwards. Cheesy

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: November 23, 2010, 01:08:33 pm »

Thanks!  Sending it out today.

whimpering to commence afterwards. Cheesy

I think they would be fools to NOT choose your paper. Grin

Keep us posted on the results!

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: December 13, 2010, 05:57:59 am »

I think they would be fools to NOT choose your paper. Grin

Keep us posted on the results!

Well, they didn't choose me.

Plus side?  I don't have to finish the paper! Cheesy

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: December 14, 2010, 06:38:38 am »

Well, they didn't choose me.

Sad Awwww. That's too bad. Your abstract was really interesting. Smiley 

Plus side?  I don't have to finish the paper! Cheesy

There's a silver lining to everything!

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: December 14, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »

A guy from my church had a paper accepted to this. :}

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.