The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 27, 2020, 12:21:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2020, 12:21:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Martial Arts  (Read 2535 times)
ThePassage
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 12:16:47 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Not sure yet.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: November 29, 2010, 11:50:41 pm »

I have not seen a thread for this kicking around anywhere and if there already is one, really sorry.

Is anyone here into the martial arts scene?

Its my life, I've taken 6-7 different ones (A couple were done together so..they kinda..blended together!) right now I'm currently focusing on Kickboxing and Muay Thai and training for a tournament. I might not go, though because of school.

Anyways? Who else is intrested in or participates in Martial Arts!
 Grin

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

UlsterYank
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2013, 02:18:03 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Traidisiúnachais Gaelach, Witchcraft, Thelema
TCN ID: UlsterYank

Déan mar is Toil leat, a bheas mar iomlán an Dlí

Blog entries (0)

anmericeanach

Ignore
« Reply #1: November 30, 2010, 01:21:55 am »

I have not seen a thread for this kicking around anywhere and if there already is one, really sorry.

Its my life, I've taken 6-7 different ones (A couple were done together so..they kinda..blended together!) right now I'm currently focusing on Kickboxing and Muay Thai and training for a tournament. I might not go, though because of school.

Grin
Yes, I am as well  Wink Started in Tae Kwon Do as a kid, switched to a Shito-Ryu Karate gym once I got my Blackbelt because they also did Kickboxing. The dojo moved to another state, so I wrestled for my High School, and did Bujinkan until I enlisted in the U.S Marines. Was a Rifleman and trained in MCMAP there. Didn't do anything when I got out until I moved over here, when I signed up for an MMA and Kickboxing gym. Been doing that until June 2009.

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains" AL II:9
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: November 30, 2010, 09:13:32 pm »

Grin

I used to, and loved it.  I did kickboxing, ju jitsu, and MMA.  I had to stop because I first pulled my back out during a throw, and then I pulled my hip flexor.  My doctor said I have to stick to Yoga and gentle pilates for a good long while.
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 17, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

Grin

Yes I've been practising Kung Fu and Tai Chi for a year now. Absolutely love it though prefer Tai Chi over Kung Fu.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Celtag
Journeyman
Last Login:August 26, 2014, 10:53:11 pm

Religion: Celtic Pagan/Welsh Recon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 20, 2011, 10:38:46 pm »

Grin

I hold a 3rd degree Black Belt in Kempo Karate, also have a Black Belt in Taekwondo. Been practicing Martial Arts since I was 5, so thats 23 years. Love all kinds of Martial Arts, I'm currently learning Aikido. I teach a open  Kempo class on Saturdays, for a little extra money.
Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 20, 2011, 11:25:13 pm »

Grin

I'm not a martial artist of any kind, but I'm into the scene by osmosis. (Or by marriage, rather.) He's an MMA instructor, started with his black belt in TKD, and now purple in BJJ, and he's also done judo, kickboxing, muay thai, grappling, catch wrestling, and boxing. 

I've done some BJJ and boxing, myself, but I'm not a warrior type. At least one of my children absolutely looks like he's going to have a real talent for combat arts, though. (The other ones seem to be those who may dabble but won't pursue it seriously.)

It's definitely something that's part of my daily life, if only because I'm surrounded by it.

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
Rayvenn
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 05, 2011, 04:13:36 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 21, 2011, 01:56:06 pm »

Grin

I have my black in TWD. Since I have had my kids I have been in Tai Chi. I will be going back to teaching twd here soon.

Light and Love,
Rayvenn

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)