The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
February 28, 2020, 03:47:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 03:47:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: spooky reading  (Read 2220 times)
Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: December 01, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »

I was opned up as a channel 9 months ago. I worked well with channeling for a while but for me it would have side effects. Afterwards I would have to reground, center. I experienced a strange new side effect recently and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I was reading some interesting passages from a book to my husband when energy started charging my voice. I noticed that and took a break to check on my throat chakra. It was opened more than usual but that didn't bother me. Then as I started reading again my husband stopped me, with a confused look on his face and said," Do you realize that you were just speaking with two voices at the same time? One was yours, the others was a male voice." I paused again and checked my energy and it was as if I had just finished channeling. Any information on this would be apprciated, thanks.

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: December 02, 2010, 11:05:39 pm »

I experienced a strange new side effect recently and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

If no one has experienced simular side effects of channeling or does not feel comfortable sharing them, I would still like some information on channeling pertaining to it happening in the way it happened to me. If that can not be provided then I would like sound advice on the matter, even if it is just musings or theory.

Whatever spoke with me was not bad or evil, just unnanounced. I have asked the spirits to warn me and ask my permission before they speak through me, unless it is an emergency or very urgent.

Since I last posted this I have expereinced something simular. This time I was reading something about earth changes I printed from online. The second voice was female this time.

flower
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 01:06:19 am

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: December 03, 2010, 12:46:06 am »

Ok, I don't Channel, I mean when I have done readings for friends I do sometimes go into this sort of trance like state, and I will say what the Spirits are saying, but nothing has ever spoken through me, (I think mainly because I do not wish to do that) but i have a few theories/questions.

Is it possible that some of these spirits are following you home from the sessions that you are having, and just speaking through you to be heard? When it happened the first time, with the reading, were you reading about another element? If so it could be an elemental speaking through you...

Either way though, malicious or not, these spirits are taking advantage of you by not letting you know that they are there, or that they wish to speak through you, and I think that in it's self is a sign of slight hostility, or at the very least disrespect(but I was not there, and I don't know how the situations played out or how your feelings towards them are). That being said, *personally* if a spirit tried to sneak up on me, or take advantage of me in any way, I would take it as an early sign of hostility and try to neutralize the situation as early as possible. I would cleanse my home and myself, and possibly do a banishing, and depending upon the spirits reluctance to leave, and the nature of the situation after asking them to leave, and the cleansing (because some spirits can become agitated by this) I might even call in one of my old spirit guides to help me out a little. But generally asking them to leave, and the cleansings work just fine.

But I guess I could be over reacting. I have just seen alot of deceitful spirits in my time, and I can generally get a feel for what the spirits intentions are. But you should follow your instincts, if you feel that it is wrong, then it is. If you don't, then that is fine. If you aren't sure, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry.

Ah! So sorry about the length, but I hope that I was helpful! Let me know how things go, I am really interested. Just remember to trust yourself, and your instincts! Wink
Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 03, 2010, 01:02:20 am »

Ok, I don't Channel, I mean when I have done readings for friends I do sometimes go into this sort of trance like state, and I will say what the Spirits are saying, but nothing has ever spoken through me, (I think mainly because I do not wish to do that) but i have a few theories/questions.

Is it possible that some of these spirits are following you home from the sessions that you are having, and just speaking through you to be heard? When it happened the first time, with the reading, were you reading about another element? If so it could be an elemental speaking through you...

Either way though, malicious or not, these spirits are taking advantage of you by not letting you know that they are there, or that they wish to speak through you, and I think that in it's self is a sign of slight hostility, or at the very least disrespect(but I was not there, and I don't know how the situations played out or how your feelings towards them are). That being said, *personally* if a spirit tried to sneak up on me, or take advantage of me in any way, I would take it as an early sign of hostility and try to neutralize the situation as early as possible. I would cleanse my home and myself, and possibly do a banishing, and depending upon the spirits reluctance to leave, and the nature of the situation after asking them to leave, and the cleansing (because some spirits can become agitated by this) I might even call in one of my old spirit guides to help me out a little. But generally asking them to leave, and the cleansings work just fine.

But I guess I could be over reacting. I have just seen alot of deceitful spirits in my time, and I can generally get a feel for what the spirits intentions are. But you should follow your instincts, if you feel that it is wrong, then it is. If you don't, then that is fine. If you aren't sure, it is always better to be safe rather than sorry.

Ah! So sorry about the length, but I hope that I was helpful! Let me know how things go, I am really interested. Just remember to trust yourself, and your instincts! Wink

Thank you for your point of veiw. I did most of the protection and cleansing thing you suggested afterwards. The spirits in question seem somehow related to the text I am reading at the time. I will reaffirm my rules with channeling. What struck me as odd is that I had never experienced the two voice thing before. The first time I could not even hear the other voice, the second time I could. I have delt with decietful and even maneviolent spirits in the past and this did not feel like one of those. I have constant protections up against them because being a channel has the risk of getting taken over if not properly protected. This felt like something that could not communicate very well with it's own energy the first time. The second time it felt "raw".

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: December 03, 2010, 10:47:00 am »

I was opned up as a channel 9 months ago. I worked well with channeling for a while but for me it would have side effects. Afterwards I would have to reground, center. I experienced a strange new side effect recently and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I was reading some interesting passages from a book to my husband when energy started charging my voice. I noticed that and took a break to check on my throat chakra. It was opened more than usual but that didn't bother me. Then as I started reading again my husband stopped me, with a confused look on his face and said," Do you realize that you were just speaking with two voices at the same time? One was yours, the others was a male voice." I paused again and checked my energy and it was as if I had just finished channeling. Any information on this would be apprciated, thanks.

I somehow missed your original post on this...  (I'm not a wide-open channel: I have a fairly easy time of it when I'm working with entities I know and have a relationship with, but I'm not generally troubled with lots of people wanting in. I have worked with students who are.)

A few things I'd look at doing:

- Setting really clear limits (as you say you've done) on when you're open to this. When I've worked with people who are very open channels, generally what works for them is building in a very conscious set of things that need to be true before they're open to it - for example, a particular physical detail (posture, clothing, jewelry), a particular preparatory ritual, whatever makes sense. In other words, insisting that it be at an appropriate time and place.

(I know people who haven't done this, and who have had problems with it happening in very inappropriate settings - feeling pressure to channel while driving, or at work, or whatever.)

- Setting really clear limits on who has access: I would not, for example, open myself up to a random entity without extremely good reason, and someone on hand who can offer support and an anchor in case something unexpected happens. I might do so for a deity I've worked with for a long time - but even then, I want someone else around as backup (and because I believe that work of this kind should be done in service to the community, and me by myself isn't community.)

It sounds like you're a little more open to whatever random spirit wants in... not my thing, and I wish you luck. I agree with flower's comment that I'd take that kind of pressure to be open as an initial sign of, if not hostility, at least *vastly* different ideas of what's polite and appropriate. Before I let humans like that into my house, we have a talk about what my ground rules are, I don't see any reason to treat my brain and body any less seriously.

- If you have persistent entities wanting time, suggesting other ways of connecting - for example, setting aside time every day/week for meditation and follow-up works really well for some people, and allows for a more controlled and appropriate setting. (And then holding to that, no matter what, so that if you get an inkling of something wanting to come through, you *always* say "Not right now, but [whenever].")

There's a book that might also be helpful, _Drawing Down the Spirits_ by Raven Kaldera and Kenaz Filan. They've got some very specific troubleshooting tips for people who are very open-headed, among other things.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
flower
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 01:06:19 am

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: December 03, 2010, 11:17:02 am »

lol, i keep writing and erasing what i am saying over and over, just having issues with thought process today, but here it goes.

First, the two voices thing, I have heard of it happening to people, but i have never seen it or experienced it. I know a girl who went to someone to channel her father though, and she said that she could hear her fathers voice mingling with the mediums voice. So i am sure that it probably happens to some. Maybe they aren't aware of it like you werent the first time?

Second, The rawness very well could be some sort of elemental trying to make you aware that what you are reading is important, or powerful in some way, or even just meaningful to them. I am sure you know this, but the elementals are not like other spirits, they are very primal, raw and playful, (that could be why it felt raw, and unable to really communicate on it's own) they also don't really get "personal space" or rules, simply because there are not really any rules for them to abide by, so what seems like a total disregard for your personal space or your wishes could be a simple misunderstanding, or just not understanding, so reinforcing your rules and just talking to them might work. Maybe ask them why they are doing this when you are reading those particular texts?

I am so glad that you know what you are doing!!! I guess i just haven't really had much experience with other experienced people, lol so i tend to worry that they don't really know what they are dealing with, and always worn caution first. When I first started to talk to people about this type of thing I could not believe how many people didn't know they needed to protect themselves or their homes!

Well anyways, keep us updated. I would like to know the outcome, or if you find anything out.
Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: December 04, 2010, 12:35:07 pm »

I somehow missed your original post on this...  (I'm not a wide-open channel: I have a fairly easy time of it when I'm working with entities I know and have a relationship with, but I'm not generally troubled with lots of people wanting in. I have worked with students who are.)

A few things I'd look at doing:

- Setting really clear limits (as you say you've done) on when you're open to this. When I've worked with people who are very open channels, generally what works for them is building in a very conscious set of things that need to be true before they're open to it - for example, a particular physical detail (posture, clothing, jewelry), a particular preparatory ritual, whatever makes sense. In other words, insisting that it be at an appropriate time and place.

(I know people who haven't done this, and who have had problems with it happening in very inappropriate settings - feeling pressure to channel while driving, or at work, or whatever.)

- Setting really clear limits on who has access: I would not, for example, open myself up to a random entity without extremely good reason, and someone on hand who can offer support and an anchor in case something unexpected happens. I might do so for a deity I've worked with for a long time - but even then, I want someone else around as backup (and because I believe that work of this kind should be done in service to the community, and me by myself isn't community.)

It sounds like you're a little more open to whatever random spirit wants in... not my thing, and I wish you luck. I agree with flower's comment that I'd take that kind of pressure to be open as an initial sign of, if not hostility, at least *vastly* different ideas of what's polite and appropriate. Before I let humans like that into my house, we have a talk about what my ground rules are, I don't see any reason to treat my brain and body any less seriously.

- If you have persistent entities wanting time, suggesting other ways of connecting - for example, setting aside time every day/week for meditation and follow-up works really well for some people, and allows for a more controlled and appropriate setting. (And then holding to that, no matter what, so that if you get an inkling of something wanting to come through, you *always* say "Not right now, but [whenever].")

There's a book that might also be helpful, _Drawing Down the Spirits_ by Raven Kaldera and Kenaz Filan. They've got some very specific troubleshooting tips for people who are very open-headed, among other things.

I have very specific boundaries on what or I let in. They have to  be known by me and I have to give them permission to speak through me. If it was an elemental then that makes sense because I have been working with them to clean up the energy around here. I live in an urban area where there is a lot of ick. The first one was not someone I recognized or gave permission to. My guides have recently told me I have to be careful when reading channeled written material out loud. It the time I was reading it I did not know that about channeled material. I know that if some one else is channeling I am not supposed to repeat after them because then the spirit might think it is ok to talk through me too.

Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: December 04, 2010, 01:03:54 pm »

lol, i keep writing and erasing what i am saying over and over, just having issues with thought process today, but here it goes.

First, the two voices thing, I have heard of it happening to people, but i have never seen it or experienced it. I know a girl who went to someone to channel her father though, and she said that she could hear her fathers voice mingling with the mediums voice. So i am sure that it probably happens to some. Maybe they aren't aware of it like you werent the first time?

Second, The rawness very well could be some sort of elemental trying to make you aware that what you are reading is important, or powerful in some way, or even just meaningful to them. I am sure you know this, but the elementals are not like other spirits, they are very primal, raw and playful, (that could be why it felt raw, and unable to really communicate on it's own) they also don't really get "personal space" or rules, simply because there are not really any rules for them to abide by, so what seems like a total disregard for your personal space or your wishes could be a simple misunderstanding, or just not understanding, so reinforcing your rules and just talking to them might work. Maybe ask them why they are doing this when you are reading those particular texts?

I am so glad that you know what you are doing!!! I guess i just haven't really had much experience with other experienced people, lol so i tend to worry that they don't really know what they are dealing with, and always worn caution first. When I first started to talk to people about this type of thing I could not believe how many people didn't know they needed to protect themselves or their homes!

Well anyways, keep us updated. I would like to know the outcome, or if you find anything out.

The elemental theory has good grounds. I have had to reexplain my boundaries to them before. This would make ot the first time I have had an elemental talk through me, if that's what it is. I have gotten impressions from them and relayed messages to others who have had problems communicating with the elementals and land spirits. I have found that if it has certain energies and can communicate then it can channel through an individual, For example I have channeled a lake guardian spirit who worked with the elementals of the lake. So it is very possible it could have been an elemental especially when I was reading about how  improper human energy release  is effecting the planet and that workers were needed to help transmute and balance some of the energy in the areas where they reside. I was also reading it to my husband, who is supportive, but does not want to communicate with the spirits much and only wants to do some simple and light energy work. The first time I was reading to him as well.

I have new found information on the two voices thing. It is said when tibetian monks are in a deep meditation they can manipulate their vocal cords to produce multiple voices. I was not in a deep meditation when reading nor have Ibeen able to produce two voices even when I went into meditation and tried. My thought is that the spirit speaking through me/ with me manipulated my vocal cords so that both mine and it's voice could be heard at the same time. The problem I am having now is why would it do that?   

Syncearae
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: December 05, 2010, 01:46:02 pm »

My thought is that the spirit speaking through me/ with me manipulated my vocal cords so that both mine and it's voice could be heard at the same time. The problem I am having now is why would it do that?

I went into a deep meditation this morning outside under the dogwood tree. I made contact with the second spirit which turned out to be a elemental. What I was reading was important and they wanted me and others to pay attention to it.

The first spirit is still a mystery.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)