The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 27, 2021, 03:04:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2021, 03:04:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What I've been working on...  (Read 3038 times)
Ana
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2011, 06:53:09 am
United States United States

Religion: Flamekeeper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: June 15, 2007, 01:38:11 am »

While the background is a pretty picture it is too bold and busy to easily read text on.  Since it IS a picture it also does not tile seamlessly when the viewed at higher resolutions.  Keep your logo with the monkey and leaves, but switch the main background to something very plain that compliments the colors in the logo.

There are too many empty cells in the merchandise table.

Some text centers, some text is left justified in an unpredictable way.

You've got the basic idea about keeping your merchandise photo formats identical for each class of item.  Take that to the next level, and make a photo area somewhere take your photos; some place where you can control lighting, and backgrounds.  Although some items are "merchandised" better with additional props in the photos, for your products I'd be tempted to recommend going ultra simple/plain and let nothing distract from the item.

The basic rule of thumb I use when I build websites for my customers is "Less is More" and "Keep It Simple and 'User-Stupid'"

Thanks.  I'm not sold on the background either because it makes things too hard to read, but my partner loves it, so I'm trying to pick my battles I guess...  We're trying to work with what we have.  I've seen some other sites on the host site that are really great, but they probably pay a lot more per month.  We pay the minimum amount at this point, so we don't have as much to work with, but all the suggestions do help, and we're trying to improve it every day!

Ana

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)