The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 28, 2022, 04:53:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2022, 04:53:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Up All Night: A Technopagan Winter Solstice 2010  (Read 56021 times)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #165: December 22, 2010, 09:31:42 am »

This is an awesome picture. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #166: December 22, 2010, 09:40:15 am »

And with that, after Obama finishes

He not only said all the right things; he's delivered. He got the job done. I'm grinning ear to ear!

I'd grown wary of President Obama, but I'm in love with him all over again. A less starry-eyed love, perhaps, but I think he's great.

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:June 20, 2022, 04:12:33 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #167: December 22, 2010, 10:20:08 am »

Mmm. That sounds delicious, Jenett. I'm definitely going to have to try that. Actually I was going to message you to ask how much of the spices you put into your winterspice loaves. Now I guess I don't have too! Cheesy

*grin* Glad to help.

I woke up this morning from a very potent dream related to some of the ritual work we did last night - a commentary on the difference between 'fault' and 'responsibility', especially when it comes to moving on from stuff that didn't come out as I'd hoped. I suspect I'll be continuing to mull over it for quite a while.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Wood Rose
Apprentice
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 12:19:33 am

Religion: Seeking

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #168: December 22, 2010, 10:22:07 am »

So if you’re trying to stay up till dawn, or just want to pop in to converse with those of us who are, this is the place! (Or if you're lucky enough to be in the Southern Hemisphere, enjoying the warmth and sun of summer solstice, tell us what we're missing!)

[In the last line, swap in the word “vigil” for “revels” if the feeling is more contemplative than festive]

I don't often post but I am in here reading a lot. I did not make it up all night I had a nap from 2am to 5am local time. I went out about 20 min ago to relight my candle, make an offering. It is beautiful.

The air is crisp and cold so that breath shows as mist, high clouds flit across a full moon lighting the night. The grass and trees damp from a nights rain, everything fresh and clean. The sun just starting to peek above the curve of the earth. Trees stand dark and silent blacker than the sky. Lighting my candle in the dark, a sudden burst of bright light in the stillness. Beautiful.

Now, I sit and wait for the sun to rise fully. Then it will be off to bed.
lokiragnaroklover
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 21, 2011, 02:41:02 am

Religion: Wicca

Lifes a story book. Your the story teller.

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #169: December 22, 2010, 10:25:57 am »

Oh goodness. Final stretch, I decided to take aquick little moment to think...I totally fell asleep. Oh well I supose. I woke up to see the clouded sky relitivly lit...not much to see in the rapidly falling rain and the thick blanket of fog and clouds. Sad, but still a pretty sight, even though it wasnt what I expected. Now...I am going to light a few candels, say a prayer...and be back in bed before my eyes shut for good. Goddess Bless all who are still waiting for the sun!  Cheesy

Arya

Who knows what magick tomorrow might hold?
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #170: December 22, 2010, 10:36:31 am »

That's a breathtaking picture, Altair. Thank you SO much for posting it!

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #171: December 22, 2010, 12:10:07 pm »

I didn't make it all the way through the night, but I woke up in time to see the sunrise! Well, what little I could of it. We're in suburbia (oh, Delta) and I snapped pictures from between houses.

Now I am sitting here waiting for my boyfriend to come home. He is late. I hope this is because he has picked up coffee for me.

Photos are being slow uploading, but here is my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moragcanhazcamera

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #172: December 22, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »

I didn't make it all the way through the night, but I woke up in time to see the sunrise! Well, what little I could of it. We're in suburbia (oh, Delta) and I snapped pictures from between houses.

Now I am sitting here waiting for my boyfriend to come home. He is late. I hope this is because he has picked up coffee for me.

Photos are being slow uploading, but here is my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moragcanhazcamera

I, on the other hand, woke up at midday. Cheesy

Lovely photos, Morag! Smiley

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #173: December 22, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

I, on the other hand, woke up at midday. Cheesy

Thank you! My camera isn't the best, but I do what I can whilst I wait for a new one. Smiley

And the fact that I didn't sleep till midday is a testament to how awesome my boyfriend's bed is. I actually get a good rest on it so I can sleep for shorter periods of time. (Also, I wanted to be awake for when he got home. And he's on his way now with hot chocolate for me. Grin)

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #174: December 22, 2010, 01:06:10 pm »

Thank you! My camera isn't the best, but I do what I can whilst I wait for a new one. Smiley

And the fact that I didn't sleep till midday is a testament to how awesome my boyfriend's bed is. I actually get a good rest on it so I can sleep for shorter periods of time. (Also, I wanted to be awake for when he got home. And he's on his way now with hot chocolate for me. Grin)

Somebody is a very lucky girl. Cheesy
(Where's my hot chocolate, haha!)

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E
Altair
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #175: December 22, 2010, 02:07:56 pm »

Indeed!

Altair
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #176: December 22, 2010, 03:50:08 pm »

Hey, what is this thread?

I just wanted to say I hope everyone had a great solstice, and to thank everyone who participated in this thread, whether you went the distance and stayed up all night or just stopped in for a while/cheered the up-all-nighters on. I thought the postings this year were the richest yet, with wonderful recipes, photos, experiences, poems (with all those great contributions, I sense a possible non-theme for next year!), and insights.

Most of all, thanks to Randall and Lyric for once again providing a forum for us to pass the long night.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #177: December 22, 2010, 05:08:08 pm »

Most of all, thanks to Randall and Lyric for once again providing a forum for us to pass the long night.

Thank you for running it for the fourth year in a row!

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #178: December 22, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »

I thought the postings this year were the richest yet, with wonderful recipes, photos, experiences, poems (with all those great contributions, I sense a possible non-theme for next year!), and insights.

Obviously you missed my off-color ramblings.  Wink  Thanks to everyone who dared endure them.

Brina
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #179: December 22, 2010, 05:24:25 pm »

Obviously you missed my off-color ramblings.  Wink  Thanks to everyone who dared endure them.

Believe me when I say that then off-color ramblings in chat were what got me through the last couple of hours.  So thanks to everyone who was in there with me.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)