The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 11, 2019, 06:13:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:13:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Egyptian Holidays.  (Read 3375 times)
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 06, 2007, 05:38:15 pm »

For those who celebrate by the Kemetic calendar (No matter which version you use), which holidays are most important to you out of the year (If you feel like sharing that)? What do you do? What rituals do you incorporate in your acknowledgment and celebration, if any? And, do you take the most important days off of work, or do you go and celebrate before or after work?

I ask because I've been incredibly lazy in celebrating the holidays, and only recently have started observing them! Unfortunately, most of Set's days tend to fall on Saturdays this year, one of the two days I absolutely cannot get off from work. I feel like a bad worshipper, because usually after work I'm too tired to remember that I should do something. I do usually cleanse, light candles and insense, and share food and drink when I remember. But this is also something I do regularly, so I was wondering if anyone does anything really special, and if they were willing to share!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 06, 2007, 09:53:09 pm »

For those who celebrate by the Kemetic calendar (No matter which version you use), which holidays are most important to you out of the year (If you feel like sharing that)? What do you do? What rituals do you incorporate in your acknowledgment and celebration, if any? And, do you take the most important days off of work, or do you go and celebrate before or after work?

Any of Aset, Nebet Het or Sekhmet Festivals.  I would also add the New Year and the Mysteries of Wesir.  And the Five Days Upon the Year. 

I personally love:  Awakening of Aset by the Majesty of Ra and Aset Webenut. 

I used to do a daily rite I wrote.  I just light candles now and for Aset Webenut that's the main part of the festival; it's also called Aset Luminous.  It is Her festival of lights. 

I never have taken off school or work for a festival.  It doesn't take you (general you) all day to give an offering.  You could incorporate breakfast or dinner into it.  Offer it up to Set on His days and make that your celebration. 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 13, 2019, 12:41:51 am

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: March 07, 2007, 02:51:15 pm »

I actually do very little festival stuff at all -- I have yet to chase down the sources on all the festival stuff, so I don't know how to construct a functional calendar.

This is one of my long-term projects -- putting together a calendar with specific ritual ideas for each of the festivals.  It's just not the one I'm working on at the moment.

sefiru
Master Member
Last Login:April 11, 2016, 07:41:55 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 08, 2007, 01:47:11 am »

I actually do very little festival stuff at all -- I have yet to chase down the sources on all the festival stuff, so I don't know how to construct a functional calendar.

Ditto. Until recently I didn't even know what the festivals were. I'll also point out (UPG here) that the Gods, or at least Set, don't  want me to do stuff out of guilt. Which is a big load off my mind  Smiley. I say, do what you can, They'll appreciate it. Special stuff I've done: shared meal a couple of times, special offerings of semi-precious stones and the like. This last one may be useful because you can do the shopping in advance. Wink
Lily
Master Member
Last Login:April 10, 2008, 04:53:56 pm

Religion: Lazy polytheist with Kemetic leanings.

Blog entries (6)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 08, 2007, 03:35:41 pm »

So far, my celebrations are pretty much the same and all of yours! I whip out food and drink and share it, or will make dishes that I know Set or Anpu like and share them. I feel better knowing that I'm not a horrible Devotee for going "Oh, crap! I gotta go to work. Here's some insense, and I'll give some rum when I get home." Tongue
Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 31, 2007, 01:58:37 am »

I ask because I've been incredibly lazy in celebrating the holidays, and only recently have started observing them! Unfortunately, most of Set's days tend to fall on Saturdays this year, one of the two days I absolutely cannot get off from work. I feel like a bad worshipper, because usually after work I'm too tired to remember that I should do something. I do usually cleanse, light candles and insense, and share food and drink when I remember. But this is also something I do regularly, so I was wondering if anyone does anything really special, and if they were willing to share!

I'm coming up on the first anniversary of seeing myself as a pagan, so I don't quite know what festivals are the cool ones, other than New Years. I mean, on a somewhat juvenile level, I love being able to advertise it as "beer and boinking". Grin

And, one of these years, I'm going to drag my ass out of bed to do the...one where you parade the statues around at dawn. I'm blanking on the name, but it sounds cool. Now, if I could just get my hands on some ritual clothes...

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)