The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 21, 2021, 02:37:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2021, 02:37:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self-congratulatory post about my schooling  (Read 15465 times)
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather
« Topic Start: January 08, 2011, 07:19:35 pm »

So, last semester I switched my major (again) to First Nations Studies -- I took a course and it dawned on me that that's what I want to devote my energy and time to. I've dropped out of theatre completely (at least academically) because I'm burned out by the people and the sexist hierarchy (can we say "casting couch?").

Anyway, I just did a quick look-over at the credits I already have and the credits/courses I need to complete the degree...

...and I'm graduating next year in April.

I'm so happy I want to cry. Next year I'll finally have my first degree after eight years of university (that's eight years enrolled, with an almost 2 year break). (Not that school will be over for me, because I'm probably going straight into my Master's degree, but that'll be quite a bit shorter than 8 years.)

So, yeah, break out the sparkling apple cider (I'm alcohol-free) and let's have ourselves a party! *dances*

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 08, 2011, 07:21:23 pm »

Congrats on that discovery.  Grin

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 08, 2011, 07:22:19 pm »

<snippage>

I'm so happy I want to cry. Next year I'll finally have my first degree after eight years of university (that's eight years enrolled, with an almost 2 year break). (Not that school will be over for me, because I'm probably going straight into my Master's degree, but that'll be quite a bit shorter than 8 years.)

So, yeah, break out the sparkling apple cider (I'm alcohol-free) and let's have ourselves a party! *dances*

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!

Many, MANY congrats to you! My final course keeps being moved out--now it begins two days before I turn 53. ::sigh:: I technically graduate in February, at the end of that course, but the ceremony isn't until May 1, so . . .

You graduate before me! GO YOU!!!!

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 08, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

So, last semester I switched my major (again) to First Nations Studies -- I took a course and it dawned on me that that's what I want to devote my energy and time to. I've dropped out of theatre completely (at least academically) because I'm burned out by the people and the sexist hierarchy (can we say "casting couch?").

Anyway, I just did a quick look-over at the credits I already have and the credits/courses I need to complete the degree...

*sets out a bottle of cider and a tray of mocha truffles*

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I've been in school a similar length of time, with multiple changes of major, and my graduation date is July. I know what you mean about the massive relief--it's such a good feeling to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 08, 2011, 07:24:07 pm »

Legen - and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is - dary.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: January 08, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »

Legen - and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is - dary.

Bwah ha hah. NPH rocks!

(the funny thing is I am lactose intolerant. Wink)

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: January 08, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »

*sets out a bottle of cider and a tray of mocha truffles*

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I've been in school a similar length of time, with multiple changes of major, and my graduation date is July. I know what you mean about the massive relief--it's such a good feeling to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you! It's amazing, isn't it, how much just that small realization can do for one's state of mind!

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 08, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »

Bwah ha hah. NPH rocks!

(the funny thing is I am lactose intolerant. Wink)

So you're like Superdude? Grin QUICK BRING OUT THE SILK SOYMILK

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 08, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »

TO-GA! TO-GA! TO-GA!

Many, MANY congrats to you! My final course keeps being moved out--now it begins two days before I turn 53. ::sigh:: I technically graduate in February, at the end of that course, but the ceremony isn't until May 1, so . . .

You graduate before me! GO YOU!!!!

Thank you for the congrats! Smiley Sorry to hear your course keeps getting moved! I know that frustration well. But at least you're close!

*raises a glass to both of us*

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 08, 2011, 07:52:28 pm »

Thank you for the congrats! Smiley Sorry to hear your course keeps getting moved! I know that frustration well. But at least you're close!

*raises a glass to both of us*

*clink*

Prosit! :-)

The amusing (to me) thing is, I've already finished my senior project. The remaining course, Public Policy Formation, is part of the public administration specialization I added to the degree. It's almost a mere formality to take it, at this point. The worst that can happen is I lose my 4.0. And if that were to happen--oh well, I've lost it. Meh.

The decision about grad school has yet to be made. I'm making a fine art of waffling.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: January 08, 2011, 07:56:40 pm »

So you're like Superdude? Grin QUICK BRING OUT THE SILK SOYMILK

Cheesy Only if it's chocolate!

(FTR, I've seen like one episode of HIMYM.)

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: January 08, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »

Congrats on that discovery.  Grin

Thank you Randall! Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

Morag
Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: January 08, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »

The decision about grad school has yet to be made. I'm making a fine art of waffling.

I feel you -- I've been waffling about grad school for years, before the end of my undergrad was even in sight!

Still waffling a bit, but leaning towards a Law degree.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: January 08, 2011, 10:01:14 pm »

I feel you -- I've been waffling about grad school for years, before the end of my undergrad was even in sight!

Still waffling a bit, but leaning towards a Law degree.

I think you'd do well in law--you're good at seeing the implications of different concepts, and at research, and at expressing your ideas coherently. I considered it myself, but I felt like I was pushed into more of a healer's direction, even though blood makes me sick. So I'm studying psychology.

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #14: January 09, 2011, 03:25:33 am »

Yay! Keep it up!

It helped me to put a raw schedule into my calendar in which semester I'll do which course, which paper, which practice etc...

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)