The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 24, 2021, 06:21:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2021, 06:21:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hestia and Apollo  (Read 4898 times)
Aglet
Apprentice
Last Login:January 19, 2011, 08:59:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 12, 2011, 06:26:23 pm »

Alright, so after much thought, praying, meditation and a dream; I have come to the conclusion that my goddess is Hestia and my god is Apollo. However these are the two main ones, and I worship the Greek pantheon as a whole. I have to say I am happy they picked me because they are pretty awesome. What are your thoughts on Hestia and Apollo and their awesomeness?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #1: January 12, 2011, 06:29:15 pm »

Alright, so after much thought, praying, meditation and a dream; I have come to the conclusion that my goddess is Hestia and my god is Apollo. However these are the two main ones, and I worship the Greek pantheon as a whole. I have to say I am happy they picked me because they are pretty awesome. What are your thoughts on Hestia and Apollo and their awesomeness?

Hestia is pretty awesome. Smiley She has a simple but amazing presence in my kitchen and garden (and whenever I'm doing something like caring for myself or my family). When I cook a meal to share for dinner, I light a candle for Hestia. I think of her as the great provider, taking the grains of the fields (Demeter), the animals of the woods (Artemis) and livestock (?) to nourish families and friends.

Apollo I don't know so well, but I did give him a sandwich last winter. Cheesy

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Aglet
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 12, 2011, 08:37:13 pm »

MMM I bet he enjoyed that I know I would  Tongue
Ellen M.
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 12, 2011, 08:53:04 pm »

MMM I bet he enjoyed that I know I would  Tongue

I hope he enjoyed it - so far, it's been our only interaction, and he specifically asked it of me.

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Aglet
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 12, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »

I hope he enjoyed it - so far, it's been our only interaction, and he specifically asked it of me.

Well if he asked for I am pretty sure he did, I think he picked me though because of my love of archery and Hestia picked me because I am gentle and forgiving.
Ellen M.
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 12, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »

Well if he asked for I am pretty sure he did, I think he picked me though because of my love of archery and Hestia picked me because I am gentle and forgiving.

How did you find out they were your patrons?

Aglet
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 12, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »

How did you find out they were your patrons?

I lot of meditating and praying. Then I was just going through the web and books reading about every god and goddess I could. Then one night I had a dream and all the Greek deities were standing there. Out of the pantheon walked Hestia and Apollo. They stood there and when I woke up I just knew.
fiamma
Master Member
Last Login:May 17, 2012, 04:14:28 pm

Religion: Devotee of Apollo/Hellenic Polytheist

...I'm playing with fire and not getting burned...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 12, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »

I am a devotee of Apollo. I tend to think that he is pretty awesome, particularly in the more classical sense of the word. Feel free to check out my blog, linked in my signature, it's dedicated to Him. I haven't updated in a while but what's there is there and I do hope to start getting back to that in another few weeks.

Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
Aglet
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: January 12, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »

I am a devotee of Apollo. I tend to think that he is pretty awesome, particularly in the more classical sense of the word. Feel free to check out my blog, linked in my signature, it's dedicated to Him. I haven't updated in a while but what's there is there and I do hope to start getting back to that in another few weeks.

Nice I will definitely check it out.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #9: January 13, 2011, 05:57:04 am »

I am a devotee of Apollo. I tend to think that he is pretty awesome, particularly in the more classical sense of the word.

This is pretty much the closest I can come to a coherent response.  "Awesome" in the sense of "isn't he really neat?!" just doesn't do it for me as a descriptor of Apollo (or any other deity really).  "Awesome" in the sense of "awe-inspiring"...  Yeah, that works a lot better.  Not that I don't think he's pretty neat, too, but--I don't know.  Just not feeling that particular description.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Utusitusi
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 04, 2011, 03:46:02 am
Belgium Belgium

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu

Blog entries (0)

Utusitusi

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 13, 2011, 06:22:42 am »

Hestia is super awesome, she's kind and patient and is at the heart of the warmth of a home to me.
I'm in the process of moving house and already have a little shrine planned for Her in the kitchen.

Aglet
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 13, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »

This is pretty much the closest I can come to a coherent response.  "Awesome" in the sense of "isn't he really neat?!" just doesn't do it for me as a descriptor of Apollo (or any other deity really).  "Awesome" in the sense of "awe-inspiring"...  Yeah, that works a lot better.  Not that I don't think he's pretty neat, too, but--I don't know.  Just not feeling that particular description.
I think they are awesome in both the ways. They are really neat and aweinspiring in their qualities. But you will also have to excuse me because I use the word awesome, epic, and sweet a lot cause I am weird like that xD ( am writing this on my kindle so it may look strange)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)