The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 04, 2020, 09:05:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 09:05:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lyric and Randall's new foster  (Read 6993 times)
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm
United States United States

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: January 13, 2011, 06:48:31 pm »

Yep. On Elvis' 18 month anniversary, what do we do? We go bring in another foster dog.

This one, though, I think is imminently adoptable. And, well, hell, he's my breed so I've got a bit better handle on what to expect even if he is a mini. He's got a blog (of course!), though it's really basic at the moment...I'll change that in a day or two.

He needs to be neutered and his teeth are foul, but I'm hoping we can get that changed next week. He needs to lose weight (couple of pounds), but he's friendly, happy and gets along well with dogs and ignores cats.

I'm hoping we can have him in shape and ready to go to some adoption events by the end of February. He's also house broken, looks to be a bit leash trained and at least somewhat familiar with a crate.

In short, he's a real breeze from what I can see initially.

http://wacofosterdogblog.blogspot.com/

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Pyperlie
Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:45:31 pm

Religion: Agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: January 13, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »

Yep. On Elvis' 18 month anniversary, what do we do? We go bring in another foster dog.

<snip>

Awww...that last pic w/Snickers and Haley is just beyond adorable. Smiley

~~~Pyperlie<^>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is no one inspired by our present picture of the universe? Our poets do not write about it; our artists do not try to portray this remarkable thing. The value of science remains unsung by singers: you are reduced to hearing not a song or poem, but an evening lecture about it. This is not yet a scientific age."
              -----Richard Feynman

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
               ----Sarah Williams
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: January 13, 2011, 09:46:10 pm »

Awww...that last pic w/Snickers and Haley is just beyond adorable. Smiley

Like most boys, he's pinged in on Haley. He's in llluuurrrrrvvvvvvvvv. LOL

I had one other bitch who was worse than Haley, and that was a red smooth bitch named Dustin. Every boy that ever met her loved her. Loved her ears...she was forever walking around with slobber on them.

Pyperlie
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 13, 2011, 10:06:48 pm »

Like most boys, he's pinged in on Haley. He's in llluuurrrrrvvvvvvvvv. LOL

I had one other bitch who was worse than Haley, and that was a red smooth bitch named Dustin. Every boy that ever met her loved her. Loved her ears...she was forever walking around with slobber on them.

Well, hounds do have cool ears. Cool

~~~Pyperlie<^>

"Is no one inspired by our present picture of the universe? Our poets do not write about it; our artists do not try to portray this remarkable thing. The value of science remains unsung by singers: you are reduced to hearing not a song or poem, but an evening lecture about it. This is not yet a scientific age."
              -----Richard Feynman

----Sarah Williams
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: January 13, 2011, 10:38:47 pm »

Well, hounds do have cool ears. Cool

And Dustin had a seriously houndy pair. LOL

stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 14, 2011, 01:47:28 am »

This one, though, I think is imminently adoptable. And, well, hell, he's my breed so I've got a bit better handle on what to expect even if he is a mini. He's got a blog (of course!), though it's really basic at the moment...I'll change that in a day or two.

He needs to be neutered and his teeth are foul, but I'm hoping we can get that changed next week. He needs to lose weight (couple of pounds), but he's friendly, happy and gets along well with dogs and ignores cats.

I'm hoping we can have him in shape and ready to go to some adoption events by the end of February. He's also house broken, looks to be a bit leash trained and at least somewhat familiar with a crate.

*Sigh* Loooove dachshunds. The mini that I had growing up died this year at the age of 12, and she would have probably lived several years more if her dachshund personality hadn't gotten ahead of her old bones. (She jumped down out of the front seat of my dad's pickup, probably 4-5 feet from the ground, too quickly for anyone to stop her, and broke her spine beyond what the vet could fix.) I'll be honest with you, if I were living in a place where I could have a pet and could get to Texas to bring him home, I'd want to adopt him--he's so cute!

Zoe Moonchild
Master Member
Last Login:July 22, 2011, 06:29:35 am

Religion: Celtic Pagan
TCN ID: Zoe Moonchild

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 14, 2011, 08:00:10 am »

Aww .. he is a real cutie.  We adopted a puppy right before Thanksgiving.  He moved his box to our yard and I'm too much of a softy so in the house he came to be a part of the rest of the pack. 

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
it is measured by the moments that take your breath away.
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 14, 2011, 09:59:09 am »

Gods, I loooove dachshunds.  Were I in Texas I'd be asking to adopt him.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 14, 2011, 09:59:37 am »

*Sigh* Loooove dachshunds. The mini that I had growing up died this year at the age of 12, and she would have probably lived several years more if her dachshund personality hadn't gotten ahead of her old bones. (She jumped down out of the front seat of my dad's pickup, probably 4-5 feet from the ground, too quickly for anyone to stop her, and broke her spine beyond what the vet could fix.) I'll be honest with you, if I were living in a place where I could have a pet and could get to Texas to bring him home, I'd want to adopt him--he's so cute!

He's someone who was obviously well loved....too well loved if his weight is any indication. LOL

I'm going to talk to the shelter today about getting his teeth cleaned and/or pulled. They're causing him real discomfort and are some of the worst I've seen. I'm not sure how his previous owner could stand it. I could smell his breath as soon as they brought him in the room yesterday, and it's not gotten any better here at home.

He's got a really nice temperament, though, so I'm hoping that once he's cleaned up and slimmed down that he will be adopted quickly. He's got the sort of personality that you like to be around.

mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 14, 2011, 10:04:34 am »

He's someone who was obviously well loved....too well loved if his weight is any indication. LOL

I'm going to talk to the shelter today about getting his teeth cleaned and/or pulled. They're causing him real discomfort and are some of the worst I've seen. I'm not sure how his previous owner could stand it. I could smell his breath as soon as they brought him in the room yesterday, and it's not gotten any better here at home.

He's got a really nice temperament, though, so I'm hoping that once he's cleaned up and slimmed down that he will be adopted quickly. He's got the sort of personality that you like to be around.

What will having his teeth pulled mean for him?

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #10: January 14, 2011, 10:05:13 am »

Maybe he was given a lot of sweets, would explain the teeth too.
Some folks just does not understand that human sweets is not good for doggies.

But I am glad your new foster is well and happy. Smiley
The pics are just cute.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
stephyjh
Master Member
Last Login:October 01, 2013, 01:56:16 am
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Celtic polytheist with Native American influences
TCN ID: stephyjh

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 14, 2011, 11:49:55 am »

Maybe he was given a lot of sweets, would explain the teeth too.
Some folks just does not understand that human sweets is not good for doggies.

But I am glad your new foster is well and happy. Smiley
The pics are just cute.

People food, or a poor diet in general, paired with a failure to keep the dog's teeth clean, can cause really nasty problems for dogs, and in my experience, a dachshund's dental health is a little delicate anyway. Cricket had a real tendency toward "dog breath," even though we fed her top-quality food and kept her teeth cleaned.

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: January 14, 2011, 12:17:24 pm »

What will having his teeth pulled mean for him?

Well, his breath will be better. Smiley

Also, it will just depend on how many need to be pulled. Elvis had all but three pulled which means he has soft food for the rest of his life. With Snickers, we'll just have to see what happens. I'm hoping that cleaning with show up maybe just a few rather than all of them needing to come out.

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: January 14, 2011, 12:18:43 pm »

People food, or a poor diet in general, paired with a failure to keep the dog's teeth clean, can cause really nasty problems for dogs, and in my experience, a dachshund's dental health is a little delicate anyway. Cricket had a real tendency toward "dog breath," even though we fed her top-quality food and kept her teeth cleaned.

I suspect, too, that his teeth were just never touched. Haley's I can brush. Skeeter's I can't (shape of the mouth), but I can keep an eye on them in case they get bad. Snickers are just atrocious. **sigh**

Pyperlie
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: January 22, 2011, 12:04:00 am »

I suspect, too, that his teeth were just never touched. Haley's I can brush. Skeeter's I can't (shape of the mouth), but I can keep an eye on them in case they get bad. Snickers are just atrocious. **sigh**

Do those little grin doggie biscuits that're shaped like toothbrushes help any?

~~~Pyperlie<^>

-----Richard Feynman

----Sarah Williams

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)