The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 19, 2020, 06:47:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 06:47:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Charging Crystals?  (Read 2576 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 21, 2011, 10:16:36 am »

I've started looking into crystals for home protection and everything I found (online) mentions charging them. I feel like a newbie, but how in the heck am I supposed to do that? I just thought cleansing them was enough...?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:55:29 pm by RandallS, Reason: Subject Changed to Question » Logged

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: January 21, 2011, 10:31:47 am »

I've started looking into crystals for home protection and everything I found (online) mentions charging them. I feel like a newbie, but how in the heck am I supposed to do that? I just thought cleansing them was enough...?

OK, this is one of the things you can ask 3 people and end up with 7 different answers. Wink
Here is what I believe/do.

I do not believe that a human being can exhaust a stone, so charging it like a battery is not necessary.
But you can add the energy of sun, moon, stars, reiki and whatnot to the stones inherent energy.

Clean(s)ing falls into different categories.

- cleaning the stone from unwanted energy charge
- cleaning the stone from unwanted information

If you use a stone for others, I would recommend to clean it from both.
Sea salt works very good.

For the stones I use only for myself, I put them on amethyst to get rid of excess energy, since the information is from myself, I dont need to get it off the stone. (Only if you have been sick a full sea salt cleaning is clever.)

I guess what they meant with *Charging* is to *program* the stone.
Basically it is asking it to do the work you intend it for. Stones like to work in my experience and are good allies.

Again peoples mileage varies, the best is, you find out what will work best for you. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 21, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »

The way I do it is to find a crystal that I get a good response from, do research on what it is generally used for (this seems to vary from person to person, and sometimes I end up throwing my research out b/c it doesn't match up at all to my own experience with the stone), do some energy work with it to see how it "feels" to me, THEN I charge it for whatever purpose I plan to use it for. For example, I charged my amethyst specifically to ward off nightmares, although it can have many other uses.

If you're wondering how specifically to charge it with your intent, that also varies from person to person. I do it one of two ways. The first way is to get a flow of energy going between the crystal and myself, then to focus on how I want to charge it. I visualize the energy for my intent building up at my lips, and when it comes to a climax I blow sharply across the crystal, and it is charged. The other way I do it is to cup the crystal between my hands and surround it in a flow of energy, like a sphere shape. Then I basically do the same as the other method, except that the energy is building up in my hands, and instead of blowing across the crystal I just release the energy into it from my hands.

Hrm. Not sure I described that very well. This stuff is hard to put into words for me. Undecided I hope that was at least somewhat helpful, lol. Tongue
erinnightwalker
Master Member
Last Login:October 04, 2012, 12:59:41 am

Religion: Celtic Paganism

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 21, 2011, 07:02:06 pm »

I think of it this way. When you get your crystal, it has certain properties that go with its very nature. Tiger's eye, for instance. Heavy in iron, good for protection, reminds you of big snarly cats that love to eat meat (i.e., anyone you don't like) but with the proper handling would rather purr you to death (my associations, of course. Not all crystals feel the same way books say they should. But, for the sake of example, I'll use this Smiley ).

Now, if you leave them around the house, those properties will naturally emanate throughout the house. With cleansing, previous energies (say, someone used it for a prosperity spell before you got your rock) are taken away, letting more of the power emanate. With charging, the power is focused to do a specific thing; in this case, guard the home. It channels it to a specific purpose. Charging can be as simple as holding it in your hands and concentrating on what you want it to do. You can key it to specific people or situation, or "feels" of people/situations. In this case, I would definitely suggest defining what you want to be protected from just so you don't get the banishment of Jehova's Witnesses at the expense of protection from burglars Wink

Now, if you really want to get complicated, you could make lions or tigers that are keyed to the stones (still using tiger's eye as an example) to protect your house. But that may not be what you're looking for  Cheesy

New at the Nightwalking Hedgehog- Updates and General Shit with revealing new photo.

I dance upon the edge of shadow
flickering through the night.
An ember smouldering in my heart
is my only guide, my light.

Come buy my ceramics and help support The Cauldron! Click Here
dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 24, 2011, 10:47:06 pm »

Charging means raising energy for a certain purpose and putting it into the stone. Are you familiar at all with the concept of raising energy? There are lots of ways to do it, but it can be difficult to explain how to do it...

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 24, 2011, 11:07:08 pm »

Charging means raising energy for a certain purpose and putting it into the stone. Are you familiar at all with the concept of raising energy? There are lots of ways to do it, but it can be difficult to explain how to do it...

Karen

I used to be able to do it easily. I find it more difficult now.  Sad Any suggestions?

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)