The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 27, 2020, 08:27:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2020, 08:27:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 'Doppelganger' issue?  (Read 838 times)
ardnael
Last Login:January 22, 2011, 09:44:10 pm
United States United States

Religion: pagan/taoist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 22, 2011, 07:05:13 pm »

The doppelganger in question is not one that goes with the tale "if you see yourself it means an omen of death" so perhaps this isn't a doppelganger, but this is what it has been referred to in the spiritual sense.

My close friend and I, as best I can describe us to be, are polar opposite of each other. I short way to explain us is we have known each other almost 20 years and we have always been able to pick up on what the other person is thinking, feeling, physically feeling, and sometimes location.

He has for a long time had a double of himself in the area we grew up. Its a small town and after a lot of research we have eliminated any possibility of it being another person.
People he does not know will approach him (and sometimes myself, not even knowing I knew him) and will want to 'fight' him over something he had done or said or was heard about him - things that he did not do, and many times was not in town for. They use his name specifically, sometimes are able to pick up on his presence, but can not always pick his face out of a crowd.

It was never a huge issue. He had a friend shaman approach him years back and say he needed to do something about his 'doppelganger issue' before it got out of hand, but he shrugged it off.

Currently, however, the doppelganger presence has been causing issues with me. There will be times I will see his shadow, hear him talk, or sense his presence nearby. I will ask him if he was checking up on me (since he does that sometimes but usually it stays in my head) but its not him. I'm really starting to pick up on this shadow of himself roaming around since Ive moved into the town he grew up. It will linger around me a bit but its not concentrated here and does not stay very long. It also will 'whisper' things that would usually be his thoughts but are the most destructive things, f/ex it will convince one the other person is lying by using his internal voice. Apparently this is something he has been contending with for a long time and it has driven people close to him away. It kept me fearful of him for a long time, as well, and it was not until recently that I began to decipher between the two. I have started to sort out past memories and have found them confused with things that did not happen; people I was with would start talking about old times and suddenly these 'implanted' memories of something bad he said or did to me that Ive had for over a decade melted away and I remembered the truth...and there was nothing bad there. When I started trying to put everything together this illusion fell apart and now I am wondering how it was put there and I am trying to guard against it happening again by working with him daily to keep track of what is happening in our lives.

Now that we are trying to sort these things out, I am wondering if he didn't split a part of himself into shadow form when he was a kid and it has been following him around ever since, like his anger/destructive side. He did have a difficult childhood and the shadows are drawn to him (polar opposite, I'm the healer) and if he did is there a way to stop it or catch it back. I have been working on defensive spells in order to protect the house I am living in, its a very dark place, and it seems to keep it outside but I can feel it roaming around out there. I don't even know where to begin with something like this. Or where he would begin. We are both at a loss. He has tried soul retrieval to someone's suggestion but it has not effected it. If anything, it seems to have gotten stronger. Maybe its subconscious? Or is it an actual entity...which has to come from somewhere..

If anyone has any ideas I would be absolutely be grateful to hear them.

Thank you so much Smiley

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)