The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 19, 2020, 06:42:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2020, 06:42:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Purchasing?  (Read 4498 times)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 26, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »

I'm taking the plunge to start buying up the myriad sparkleys, I mean crystals and stones that I want to use to protect my house. YAY! Except that no one in my area (grr) sells crystals and stones and whatnot. Yeah, tell me about it. So, I have to resort to online purchasing. I've looked in various places, but all the stones are... small. I was hoping to find stones in the 'worry stone' range of size, let's say two to three inches by two to three inches.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:20:05 pm by RandallS, Reason: Subject Changed to Question » Logged

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #1: January 27, 2011, 08:59:57 am »

Any suggestions?

Aw, what a pity.

I could point you to a few really good stores, but they are all German.
Dang.

But I am sure somebody will come up with some good resource links. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
catherine
Master Member
Last Login:November 08, 2013, 10:51:52 am

Religion: temporarily unavailable, renovations in progress

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 27, 2011, 11:09:07 am »

Any suggestions?

Maybe, there's a place in my town with a huge assortment of crystals and gemstones. The problem is, she doesn't do online sales. However, she's really knows her stuff. She might be able to choose stones for you and ship them out if you tell her what you want. Anyway, here's a link to the website with email and a phone number to call.

http://www.moonhaven.com/Moonhaven/moonstones.html

Hope this helps.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: January 27, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »

Any suggestions?

I'd highly recommend this site.  The owner, Deborah, is fantastic about helping customers choose exactly what they want or need.  And most of her items are very reasonably priced. 

I'd also give Etsy a try.  Search for what you're looking for.

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
salisem
Journeyman
Last Login:March 05, 2011, 11:14:13 am

Religion: Slowly finding my path, and having fun doing it. :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 29, 2011, 08:01:48 am »

Awesome!  I used to be heavily involved in crystals years ago.  Not sure why I drifted away from it, but I've recently been taking it up again.  I used to buy from this place, always had good service and high quality: http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ecommerce/
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 29, 2011, 11:50:06 am »

Thanks, you guys! You're all so helpful!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Tezcatlipoca
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 14, 2011, 07:45:17 am

Religion: shaman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 30, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »

I'm taking the plunge to start buying up the myriad sparkleys, I mean crystals and stones that I want to use to protect my house. YAY! Except that no one in my area (grr) sells crystals and stones and whatnot. Yeah, tell me about it. So, I have to resort to online purchasing. I've looked in various places, but all the stones are... small. I was hoping to find stones in the 'worry stone' range of size, let's say two to three inches by two to three inches.

Any suggestions?

13moons.com is a good website for stone. They offer different shapes and sizes, and the quality and price are really good

No rest for the wicked...
...Because we party all night.
salisem
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 31, 2011, 01:07:49 pm »

Awesome!  I used to be heavily involved in crystals years ago.  Not sure why I drifted away from it, but I've recently been taking it up again.  I used to buy from this place, always had good service and high quality: http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ecommerce/

As a follow up to my previous recommendation...

I did some shopping at Heaven and Earth this weekend.  I haven't shopped there in years, and I guess I should have before I recommended them.  I noticed that they now have a lot of minerals/gems/crystals for sale that are trademarked.  It appears that they either discover or create "new" gemstones, then trademark and sell them.  Personally, I don't particularly agree with that practice, because it doesn't appear any professional geologists are/were involved in the process.  However, the site does still offer some high quality stones at good prices, depending on what you're looking for.  I just wouldn't go buying any of the trademarked stones or believe any of the claims they make about those stones.

This morning I bought a bunch of crystals from http://www.healingcrystals.com/.  They are owned by a 501(c)3 non-profit organization called the Foundation for Balance and Harmony, which looks like it does a lot of work helping kids in other countries using alternative medicine techniques.  So 100% of their crystal and gem sales go to support the organization.  When my crystals arrive, I'll let you know what the quality is like.  Smiley
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #8: January 31, 2011, 01:21:09 pm »

I just wouldn't go buying any of the trademarked stones or believe any of the claims they make about those stones.

*snort*
Yeah, dont get me started on this topic.
Its a pet peeve of mine.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 31, 2011, 11:28:09 pm »

*snort*
Yeah, dont get me started on this topic.
Its a pet peeve of mine.

I won't consider it OT if you do.  Wink

Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 31, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »

I won't consider it OT if you do.  Wink

Ha ha I shall second that. Trademarking stones sounds like crazy talk to me, how do you trademark a natural mineral? I know there's a stone called hellenite that's man made from ash collected from Mt. St. Helens so there *might* be an argument for that, still. The heck?

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
lightdragon
Last Login:January 29, 2015, 06:27:08 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 02, 2011, 12:04:43 am »

Any suggestions?
also i recommend to put one apache tear on each of your windows.

the link for metaphysical.com has very inexpensive apache tear obsidians.
Shadoworker
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 12:53:48 am

Religion: Agnostic Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: February 02, 2011, 10:22:05 am »

Any suggestions?
I get most of my crystals from http://crystal-cure.com/ they're AWESOME!
Satsekhem
High Adept Member

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #13: February 02, 2011, 11:52:40 pm »

also i recommend to put one apache tear on each of your windows.
Why do you recommend that?

I get most of my crystals from http://crystal-cure.com/ they're AWESOME!
I go there all the time! I've bought a pyramid from them and an amethyst.

salisem
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: February 03, 2011, 03:04:39 pm »

This morning I bought a bunch of crystals from http://www.healingcrystals.com/.  They are owned by a 501(c)3 non-profit organization called the Foundation for Balance and Harmony, which looks like it does a lot of work helping kids in other countries using alternative medicine techniques.  So 100% of their crystal and gem sales go to support the organization.  When my crystals arrive, I'll let you know what the quality is like.  Smiley

I got my crystals today!  They're fantastic.  The colors and sizes are basically just as they were represented on the website.  The amethyst towers and Himalayan quartz I ordered are even bigger and prettier than I hoped they'd be.  And the Himalayan quartz is breathtakingly powerful!  I'm really happy with my order.  They even included an extra quartz point as a free gift, and a coupon for next order.  I'll be using it very soon.  Wink

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)