The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 28, 2020, 11:31:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2020, 11:31:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seeing weird things/weird feelings  (Read 4377 times)
stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 19, 2017, 03:31:50 pm
United States United States

Religion: Trad. Witchcraft Novice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 27, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »

I really had no idea where to post this, so I hope this is a good place. Please move it to the right place if it isn't.

Lately, I've been seeing weird "orbs" or masses of colors. Usually, they're black, but sometimes I see white or red.

At first, I thought they were tricks of the eye. I can see them out of the corner or side, but once I look directly, they're gone. This has never happened to me before though, and sometimes the color lingers and I can look at it directly for a few seconds.

Other times, I feel this heavy, unnerving presence. It is mostly in my living room/dining room. I feel as if someone is watching me and behind me. Of course, I look and no one is there, but I just feel like a woman (girl?) is there. Not sure why.

If I wasn't seeing these orbs of color, I wouldn't think anything of the creepy feeling I get in the living room/dining room.

A few years ago, in this house, my mother kept seeing a dark figure in the dining room. She called in her priest, and he blessed the house and we've never seen it since. I don't know if that is related or not...

What would you do? I'm just at my wits end, turning corners wondering what I'm going to see or feel. Any advice? Thanks.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Sabine
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:46:56 am

Religion: Christian in faith, Pagan in practice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: January 27, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »

I really had no idea where to post this, so I hope this is a good place. Please move it to the right place if it isn't.

Lately, I've been seeing weird "orbs" or masses of colors. Usually, they're black, but sometimes I see white or red.

At first, I thought they were tricks of the eye. I can see them out of the corner or side, but once I look directly, they're gone. This has never happened to me before though, and sometimes the color lingers and I can look at it directly for a few seconds.

Other times, I feel this heavy, unnerving presence. It is mostly in my living room/dining room. I feel as if someone is watching me and behind me. Of course, I look and no one is there, but I just feel like a woman (girl?) is there. Not sure why.

If I wasn't seeing these orbs of color, I wouldn't think anything of the creepy feeling I get in the living room/dining room.

A few years ago, in this house, my mother kept seeing a dark figure in the dining room. She called in her priest, and he blessed the house and we've never seen it since. I don't know if that is related or not...

What would you do? I'm just at my wits end, turning corners wondering what I'm going to see or feel. Any advice? Thanks.

This isn't a metaphysical explanation, but I'd get that checked with an eye dr. You could be seeing "floaters," which are tiny pieces of the eye's vitreous gel that become detached. They're also a symptom of a retinal problem. My retinas are badly thinned because of my incredibly poor eyesight, so I got to learn some of this stuff the hard way.

I'm not saying that you couldn't be sensing a presence, but there may simply be a mundane explanation.

Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 27, 2011, 01:23:02 pm »

If the eye doctor doesn't turn anything up, try a cleansing (many to be found on this site and on the net). 

AntlerandHerb.com
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 09, 2020, 05:56:40 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: January 27, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »

If they aren't floaters in your eye, they might be what I call "little astral critters" -- blobs of astral energy, perhaps slightly intelligent (say at the level of a fairly dumb dog). They are generally attracted by magical energy not properly grounded or in some cases by strong emotions in an area. They are harmless and can by banished temporarily by just about any cleansing or banishing spell or permanently by cutting whatever energy is attracting them.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
bearybear
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 13, 2011, 06:46:11 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 28, 2011, 08:03:32 am »

they might be what I call "little astral critters" -- blobs of astral energy, perhaps slightly intelligent (say at the level of a fairly dumb dog).

I'd agree with this if it isn't something wrong with your eyes. I get something similar occasionally and assumed it was an eyesight issue until I'd had them tested. They never really bother me, its one of those things I've gotten used to...
son of dhamma
Permanently Banned
Journeyman
Last Login:April 12, 2011, 10:06:37 am

Religion: -

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 24, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »

Similar to what Randall has said, provided that these spots are not an eye problem, they are probably the orbs of unused energy that clump together.  It's difficult to say specifically what the colors signify because I haven't studied them that intently--haven't had the opportunity, honestly.
  The orbs and the black presence are almost definitely related.  Orbs of psychic energy--"astral critters", as he called them--don't appear for no reason, and neither do shadowy spirits.  If she was merely seeing a shadow of a spirit, that's one thing.  If the spirit was genuinely black, then that could be a cause for the black orbs and if so they should be avoided.  It could be a residual presence.
  Tell us if it's an eye problem please.

-
stephaniexelizabeth
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:February 19, 2017, 03:31:50 pm

Religion: Trad. Witchcraft Novice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 29, 2011, 10:52:51 am »

Similar to what Randall has said, provided that these spots are not an eye problem, they are probably the orbs of unused energy that clump together.  It's difficult to say specifically what the colors signify because I haven't studied them that intently--haven't had the opportunity, honestly.
  The orbs and the black presence are almost definitely related.  Orbs of psychic energy--"astral critters", as he called them--don't appear for no reason, and neither do shadowy spirits.  If she was merely seeing a shadow of a spirit, that's one thing.  If the spirit was genuinely black, then that could be a cause for the black orbs and if so they should be avoided.  It could be a residual presence.
  Tell us if it's an eye problem please.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry I didn't answer for so long, I completely forgot I started this.

I do wear glasses, but I just had an appt. recently (3 months ago) and nothing was wrong (other than wearing glasses, but I've been wearing them since I was 3).

Whether I think it is a shadow of the spirit or the spirit was black itself, I really don't know. I avoid that and things like that like the plague.

I think I'll be giving the cleansing a try, just for piece of mind.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
Torkie
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 14, 2011, 01:22:07 pm

Religion: Nonreligious

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 31, 2011, 01:47:07 am »

I have some pretty fantastic "hallucinations" similar to this, but I don't tend to attribute things in my life to supernatural forces. I have mild synesthesia (for me, I see color when I hear certain sounds), and I've always encouraged myself to enjoy 'seeing' things. It seems I've developed the ability to conjure up fun stuff for my brain to see, albeit not on command. My "visions" are 100% mental.

Just throwing it out there - I'm with the "see a doctor" camp. I just wanted to say that it's certainly plausible that you've started training yourself to see things.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
woodhick
Apprentice
Last Login:June 29, 2011, 03:34:42 pm

Religion: old pagan

Blog entries (0)

sawoodhick

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 25, 2011, 10:52:21 pm »

This happens to me too. I used to think that it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but the dog and cat seem to see and notice them too. Sometimes the dog will look at the same spot in the room, cock her head to the side and then leave. I dont' know what they are, but in my experience, they aren't harmful.
Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: May 26, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

This happens to me too. I used to think that it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but the dog and cat seem to see and notice them too. Sometimes the dog will look at the same spot in the room, cock her head to the side and then leave. I dont' know what they are, but in my experience, they aren't harmful.

If it is not a physical problem than I can tell you my experience. I see orbs and streaks of color that have no physical cause. Some of these are natural to the enviorment and do various things that maintain it. Some are like spiritual cockroaches and feed off of left behind negative energy. Others are remenants of un transmuted energy that react in certain way to other types of energy.

If you have a negative entity, the black orbs could be a part of it or being used by it. The back orbs that I have seen lately arround my house generaly just absorb excess energy.
When I get too many  dark orbs in my house it is time to do a cleansing.

For the negative entity, if that is what it is a banishing might also be in order.

As far as color goes, many people who see these things see them in a slightly different way based on how our subconcious mind relates to color and shapes and texture. We see it in a form that we can understand. With colored ones I ask myself how it makes me feel, what does that color mean to me, what ae the connoations with that color.

I also tust my intuition about these things. If it feels threatening or negative be careful. If I get nuetral feelings, I just let it be, most of the time it is just passing trough anyway. The energy of a place maintains a balance, in high energy paces there are more astral orbs.

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)