The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
August 11, 2022, 03:53:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 11, 2022, 03:53:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Needing help with a vision  (Read 2629 times)
NibbleKat
Adept Member
Last Login:October 22, 2012, 03:45:56 pm
United States United States

Religion: Hard polytheist dedicated to Hermes, Sequana, and Sirona

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 03, 2011, 12:00:46 pm »

So, I've been trying to connect with the goddess again. I had a pair of visions a week or so ago that puzzled me, and I need a little help decoding it.  The first one was me, standing at night on one side of a river. I could barely see a glowing blue/white goddess through the trees.  I knew I wanted to get to her. I just couldn't move. I tried, but I couldn't That's all I could do with that vision.

The second, much more recently, came when I was trying to honor Sequana, but kept having the name "Sirona" pop into that mental place instead. A while back, I'd set Sirona's worship aside, since I figured Sequana was going to be the main one.  But this time, when I went with the flow (as it were, har) and decided to listen to Sirona instead (since it seemed she was insistent) and again, I saw the goddess through the trees, but a white/blue deer crossed in front of me, looking back... and this time I could follow.  And the goddess was there, glowing, hair down, with a star and moon diadem on her head. It felt like Sirona... only not. Like someone still unnamed, but I can't place it.

I can't figure out if it's Sirona, or Someone older... or Sironaandsomeone. If that makes sense?

Help, please?

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Collinsky
Adept Member
Last Login:July 03, 2011, 11:33:09 pm

Religion: Celtic/Heathen, ADF, UU
TCN ID: Collinsky

I was made from the ninefold elements...

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 14, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »

This was a little while ago, have you had more clarity on this? A couple of thoughts -- one is, that I had decided to honor Airmid, and sometimes the name Aveta would pop into my head, and I'd want to correct myself. "Oh, sorry, I meant Airmid!" Now that I realize I'm to be honoring Aveta too, that name-confusion has been a non-issue. I think that sometimes we do just bungle names, even of dearly loved ones that we know deeply. I've gotten my kids' names confused in speaking, and I'm in no confusion about WHO they ARE. So sometimes it's just human foible. Other times, it's because part of us received (or perceived) a message before the thinking part did.

I don't have any intimate knowledge of Sequana or Sirona, to know if a deer is a common association, but it seems that the vision's message is fairly straightforward. Before, you weren't ready/able or weren't willing to follow this goddess - for whatever reason. You were stopped, either by yourself or by Her. In the second vision, either because you became receptive or because she chose that moment, you were able to follow Her. Right?

It could be that it is Sirona, but that you have yet to get to know Her depths, so she feels like you know her, but don't. It can also be that it isn't Sirona, but another goddess, and that she is pulling you a little closer.

The river makes me think of Sequana, but there are MANY river associations. The image you have of the goddess sounds to me like how Sirona would appear. My kids need me at the moment so I'll finish later!! 

~*~Colleen~*~
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.
http://colleenrachelle.livejournal.com/
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 14, 2011, 07:47:58 pm »

This was a little while ago, have you had more clarity on this? A couple of thoughts -- one is, that I had decided to honor Airmid, and sometimes the name Aveta would pop into my head, and I'd want to correct myself. "Oh, sorry, I meant Airmid!" Now that I realize I'm to be honoring Aveta too, that name-confusion has been a non-issue. I think that sometimes we do just bungle names, even of dearly loved ones that we know deeply. I've gotten my kids' names confused in speaking, and I'm in no confusion about WHO they ARE. So sometimes it's just human foible. Other times, it's because part of us received (or perceived) a message before the thinking part did.

I don't have any intimate knowledge of Sequana or Sirona, to know if a deer is a common association, but it seems that the vision's message is fairly straightforward. Before, you weren't ready/able or weren't willing to follow this goddess - for whatever reason. You were stopped, either by yourself or by Her. In the second vision, either because you became receptive or because she chose that moment, you were able to follow Her. Right?

It could be that it is Sirona, but that you have yet to get to know Her depths, so she feels like you know her, but don't. It can also be that it isn't Sirona, but another goddess, and that she is pulling you a little closer.

The river makes me think of Sequana, but there are MANY river associations. The image you have of the goddess sounds to me like how Sirona would appear. My kids need me at the moment so I'll finish later!! 

Hey, thanks for answering!

And you're right, I think, in a way.  I think it was Sirona... I tend to get more "vision" type things from her... not very often at all, but when I do it's just... BLAM. There. And won't go away.  So, Sirona is a river goddess, as well.  I did do some research on other goddesses associated with white or stars or deer, but here's what I found:

Deer tend to appear to heroes/regular folk/whomever in Celtic mythology right at a period of oncoming change. Great, huge change.  And I think there are two things it could have applied to... first off, becoming more connected to Deity (I still need more work with this), and a change in my art;  not only did I get a great reception at my first art show, I am gearing up for selling things at Pagan Pride Day.  My art's just... exploding within me... ALL of my creativity is exploding within me. It might not last long, I don't know, but I hope it will.  If it does, I will be much closer to being able to sustain myself with art (I sold a painting for quite a sizable amount of mone)... not to mention the fact that I'm really figuring out what I want to do with it.

Sirona's a fertility goddess all about renewal and change, and I think that encompasses creative processes.

So! I think that she was telling me to honor her more often... and that this art thing was going to start happening.

Smiley

YAY.

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Available for devotional and altar art commissions at http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 14, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »

Yep - the Celts saw white deer as messages from the otherworld, that beckons and leads people ever deeper into the forest (which strikes me as similar to what your vision contained). As a transformative otherworld messenger, it might not be leading you to a specific goddess, but to an experience of another realm or hidden knowledge. OR as you said, though a period of change/growth. And perhaps Sirona is there to help you on that journey, without being the point of the journey herself.

There are a lot of deer-deity associations, but it seems like you've figured your vision out!

~*~Colleen~*~
"Let's not confuse your inability to comprehend what I do with my ability to do it."
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 15, 2011, 11:58:49 am »

Yep - the Celts saw white deer as messages from the otherworld, that beckons and leads people ever deeper into the forest (which strikes me as similar to what your vision contained). As a transformative otherworld messenger, it might not be leading you to a specific goddess, but to an experience of another realm or hidden knowledge. OR as you said, though a period of change/growth. And perhaps Sirona is there to help you on that journey, without being the point of the journey herself.

There are a lot of deer-deity associations, but it seems like you've figured your vision out!

Well, if you have any more deer-deity associations you want to share, by all means do!

Follower of Hermes!
------------------
Collinsky
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Collinsky CollinskyCo

Ignore
« Reply #5: March 15, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

Well, if you have any more deer-deity associations you want to share, by all means do!

The Irish Flidhais and Sadhbh. The Scottish Cailleach.

In Greece, Artemis, and I believe possibly also Aphrodite and Athene, and the nymph Taygete.

The Roman Diana.

In Hinduism, Saraswati and Sita.

Native American Deer Woman (and I'm embarrassed by my ignorance, but I don't know what tribe or tribes. Ojibwe?)

Maybe Abnoba? She's a huntress and associated with the forest - Gaulish. I don't know of any association, but it seemed likely.

There are also - I believe - mentions of white deer in Welsh myth, but I don't know anything about that. Something about breaking a taboo.

And the white stag is a big deal in Hungarian mythology - one led two brothers to Scythia, and the Hun and Magyar peoples got their start from that.

Four stags eat the branches and bite the leaves of Yggdrasill in Norse myth...

neither of the last two seem to relate to your vision, but what the hey.  Wink

~*~Colleen~*~
NibbleKat
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 15, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »

The Irish Flidhais and Sadhbh. The Scottish Cailleach.

In Greece, Artemis, and I believe possibly also Aphrodite and Athene, and the nymph Taygete.

The Roman Diana.

In Hinduism, Saraswati and Sita.

Native American Deer Woman (and I'm embarrassed by my ignorance, but I don't know what tribe or tribes. Ojibwe?)

Maybe Abnoba? She's a huntress and associated with the forest - Gaulish. I don't know of any association, but it seemed likely.

There are also - I believe - mentions of white deer in Welsh myth, but I don't know anything about that. Something about breaking a taboo.

And the white stag is a big deal in Hungarian mythology - one led two brothers to Scythia, and the Hun and Magyar peoples got their start from that.

Four stags eat the branches and bite the leaves of Yggdrasill in Norse myth...

neither of the last two seem to relate to your vision, but what the hey.  Wink

No, that's really cool to know all of that. I am glad you posted it.  I had no idea about more than half of this stuff. 

Follower of Hermes!
------------------

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)