The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 27, 2021, 09:13:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2021, 09:13:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite ritual music?  (Read 15785 times)
Taliesin
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 06:01:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Celtic Panen/Polytheism

You are a child of the universe...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: February 16, 2011, 12:44:54 pm »

I just listened to the YouTube and then bought the album All is Wild, All is Silent. It's gorgeous!

Ooh awesome! I love them so much. :') You should check out their other albums too, especially 'Rivers Arms'. Smiley

'When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.' - Rumi

'The landscape is always the sand, the sky, the clouds, the sea. Only the waves change, always the same and always different.' - L.E

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

salisem
Journeyman
Last Login:March 05, 2011, 11:14:13 am
United States United States

Religion: Slowly finding my path, and having fun doing it. :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: February 16, 2011, 04:30:15 pm »

I'm currently saving to buy a harp. If I could incorporate that into spell working that'd be awesome.

If anyone is looking for some beautiful Celtic harp music, I stumbled on this the other day and really liked it:

http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Forest/dp/B0016UJUJ0/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpd_1
TytaniaRowan
Apprentice
Last Login:June 01, 2011, 08:36:19 pm

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: February 19, 2011, 03:49:47 am »

Ooh awesome! I love them so much. :') You should check out their other albums too, especially 'Rivers Arms'. Smiley

Darn iTunes...I just bought Rivers Arms, All is Wild, All is Silent, and Costellations by them.  Itunes just makes it too easy to spend lots of monies!  But they all sound like they are going to be just what I want!
darashand
Adept Member
Last Login:August 28, 2011, 11:46:42 am

Religion: Celtic/Germanic Heathenry
TCN ID: darashand

Gravatar

Fate favors the Fearless.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: February 23, 2011, 10:46:20 pm »

I tend to stick on Balmorhea for ritual/prayer.

I love this.  Thanks for posting.

The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved. The ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -Jack Kerouac
Akroatis
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 01, 2011, 04:59:32 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Minoan Brotherhood Initiate / Eclectic Neo-pagan witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: March 01, 2011, 04:33:06 pm »

I am looking for music to help me focus and relax during ritual.

A friend recommended "Immortal Egypt" by Phil Thornton and Hossam Ramzy.  I love it.  It makes me want to take up belly dancing or get back into fire spinning.

It doesn't make me want to ritualize. 

It's too bouncy.  I need some really, really soft ambient music with no words. 

Does anyone have suggestions?

I've been working with Apollo for the last few months, so I have been using classical music. I found this lovely video of a symphony playing various Beethoven pieces for 85 minutes.
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #35: March 01, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »

I've been working with Apollo for the last few months, so I have been using classical music. I found this lovely video of a symphony playing various Beethoven pieces for 85 minutes.

I've had some success with the soundtrack to the film 'Jerome Bixby's a Man from Earth'. It's available on Itunes, I think it might just be a man from earth on itunes. I recommend the movie as well. Unfortunately the production quality is not at all great and it feels more like a play than a movie but the cast is great and the story is very interesting.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 06, 2011, 04:23:15 pm »

It's too bouncy.  I need some really, really soft ambient music with no words. 

Funny I always prefer something more bouncy with lyrics The Pierces You'll be Mine is being used in alot of my ritual work of late. For soft ambient music The Last Samurai's A Way of Life would probably be a good pick.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Ritual House
Apprentice
Last Login:May 22, 2011, 01:25:19 am

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

facebook.com/sudekum

Ignore
« Reply #37: May 03, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »

A friend recommended "Immortal Egypt" by Phil Thornton and Hossam Ramzy.  I love it.  It makes me want to take up belly dancing or get back into fire spinning.

It doesn't make me want to ritualize.  

It's too bouncy.  I need some really, really soft ambient music with no words.  

There is a blog called "Ritualistic Nature" that I really love. It's just post after post of really awesome ritual music.

http://ritualisticnature.blogspot.com/

One of my favorite finds there (and the band that comes to mind for what you are describing) is a band called Karnnos. They have some songs with verse and chanting, but a lot of their stuff is very ambient.

http://ritualisticnature.blogspot.com/2008/09/karnnos-bearer-of-order-bringer-of.html

Hope you find what you are looking for!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:43:10 pm by Ritual House » Logged

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)