The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 16, 2021, 01:36:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 01:36:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I Going Mental?  (Read 6953 times)
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:00:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist/Hard Polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 15, 2011, 08:32:53 pm »

Okay, I've never had this happen to me before so I'm really freaking out right now. I've been away from you wonderful people for sometime and I'm finally able to get back on. Okay, here goes before I confused the heck out of all of you, I left the Kemetic path to go down the Celtic path and lately the Kemetic gods have shown me that I should of consulted them before leaving. I know that this is stupid and might be all in my head (I'm seriously thinking about seeing someone about this) but they been telling me that I should of consulted them.

Now they were okay with me giving my statues to our lovely lady that now has them but I didn't consult them before I left the path. Aset has been sending me signs that she still is my patron deity and I swear I've been seeing Sekhmet everywhere. Most of the time it's in her lioness form but I've been seeing them. Please tell me what I should do, should I listen to them or do go to a doctor?

By the way, glad to be back. I was going through forum withdraw. And I'm still on my back with this knee pain.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 15, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »

Okay, I've never had this happen to me before so I'm really freaking out right now. I've been away from you wonderful people for sometime and I'm finally able to get back on. Okay, here goes before I confused the heck out of all of you, I left the Kemetic path to go down the Celtic path and lately the Kemetic gods have shown me that I should of consulted them before leaving. I know that this is stupid and might be all in my head (I'm seriously thinking about seeing someone about this) but they been telling me that I should of consulted them.

Now they were okay with me giving my statues to our lovely lady that now has them but I didn't consult them before I left the path. Aset has been sending me signs that she still is my patron deity and I swear I've been seeing Sekhmet everywhere. Most of the time it's in her lioness form but I've been seeing them. Please tell me what I should do, should I listen to them or do go to a doctor?

By the way, glad to be back. I was going through forum withdraw. And I'm still on my back with this knee pain.

Why not do both?  Having read your thread about leaving Kemeticism I have to say (as an outsider) it seemed hasty and poorly thought out, more reactionary to a bunch of internet pseudo-trolls. Again no offense intended that was just how it read to me. Considering the speed with which you made the change it is understandable if your Gods are upset etc. And a trip to the doctor couldn't hurt, get a physical and see if anything comes up. You'd be amazed at what can be discovered by a simple blood test of physical exam.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 15, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »

Why not do both?  Having read your thread about leaving Kemeticism I have to say (as an outsider) it seemed hasty and poorly thought out, more reactionary to a bunch of internet pseudo-trolls. Again no offense intended that was just how it read to me. Considering the speed with which you made the change it is understandable if your Gods are upset etc. And a trip to the doctor couldn't hurt, get a physical and see if anything comes up. You'd be amazed at what can be discovered by a simple blood test of physical exam.

Thanks, I've just been having strange things happening to me for years. I lived in a haunted apartment and I saw people in my mirror one time. I've set up my Aset shrine again and the odd things have stopped. I think that maybe Aset was telling me something. I'm still waiting on my Bridget statue but that's taking forever. Stupid internet.
Nehet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 02, 2011, 12:07:16 am

Religion: Kemetic Polytheist
TCN ID: Nehet

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 15, 2011, 10:06:49 pm »

Thanks, I've just been having strange things happening to me for years. I lived in a haunted apartment and I saw people in my mirror one time. I've set up my Aset shrine again and the odd things have stopped. I think that maybe Aset was telling me something. I'm still waiting on my Bridget statue but that's taking forever. Stupid internet.

Sekhmet's Servant,

First of all, I can only second Asch's advice.  If you suspect there might be medical problems, see the doctor.  The question "am I going mental?" is something to take seriously.  I have bipolar disorder myself and I have had "spiritual experiences" that seem scary and delusional in hindsight.  I now take medication daily and my life is manageable.  My spiritual experiences are less intense, but trust me, I'd take them over a manic episode any day of the week. 

If I were you, I'd keep my spiritual practices limited to whatever makes me feel grounded or relaxed.  I'd refrain from making any commitments or any promises to any Gods.    If some of them are trying to get your attention, then give them a simple water offering and ask for guidance.  Keep it to that. 

Having a patron God is, in many ways, like a marriage. You get the warm fuzzies sometimes.  You also have doubts and fears.  Sometimes you screw up, and have to apologize.  Sometimes the relationship gets boring.  Yes, boring.  For me, I keep going anyway and when there are problems, I work through them.  To me that's what faith is about.  If something like internet trolls threw you off badly enough to leave your Gods, then you aren't ready to commit to a patron...or a religion, for that matter.   That's perfectly OK.  Let yourself not know the answers. 

I'd take a few months to explore Kemetic faith.  Read some of the wisdom literature.  Find out what this path is really about.  If you do that and decide later to pursue something else, you haven't disappointed any Gods.   

Nehet
Adept Member

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #4: February 15, 2011, 10:08:56 pm »

Let yourself not know the answers. 

I'd take a few months to explore Kemetic faith.  Read some of the wisdom literature.  Find out what this path is really about.   

And by the way, if Sekhmet and Aset really are your patrons, they will wait.

They've been around a long time, after all. 
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 15, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

Oh so true. Did you hear about the 18 items stolen from the Cairo Musuem. I know that it's probably old news but I thought that it was fitting for this forum. Oh I'm reading Eternal Egypt by Richard J. Reidy and what I'm doing is taking it slow. I just rushed into Kemeticism without really thinking about all that it entailed, like I rushed into a lot of other paths without thinking. I'm taking my time, connecting, reading, thinking, meditating, and asking for wisdom.

I need that right now and you all make my pain seem less. My knee still hurts me and Nehet, I'm glad that you got my statues. How did you like the painting? Oh and one more thing, I'm no longer opening the mouth of any statues. I might take about ten years before I do that, or until I really feel ready.
Nehet
Adept Member

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 15, 2011, 11:09:08 pm »

I need that right now and you all make my pain seem less. My knee still hurts me and Nehet, I'm glad that you got my statues. How did you like the painting? Oh and one more thing, I'm no longer opening the mouth of any statues. I might take about ten years before I do that, or until I really feel ready.

I'm sorry your knee still hurts.  Hope it feels better soon.

I do not believe those statues were ever open.  You have Eternal Egypt.  You know what the real rite looks like.  It's no small undertaking.  Thank you for sending them to me.  They've been purified and put safely in shrines.  They'll be well-loved.  And yes, I love the painting.

As for having more open statues, I'd put the idea out of your head completely for now.

I'd hold off from attempting any of Reidy's rituals.  Read his introductions to get a basic idea of Kemetic theology, but I'd stay away from the actual rites.   They're not beginners' rituals. 
Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 16, 2011, 09:36:55 am »

I do not believe those statues were ever open.  You have Eternal Egypt.  You know what the real rite looks like.  It's no small undertaking.  Thank you for sending them to me.  They've been purified and put safely in shrines.  They'll be well-loved.  And yes, I love the painting.

As for having more open statues, I'd put the idea out of your head completely for now.

I'd hold off from attempting any of Reidy's rituals.  Read his introductions to get a basic idea of Kemetic theology, but I'd stay away from the actual rites.   They're not beginners' rituals. 

I second a lot of what has already been said in this forum. I have been watching you for a while now- jumping from here to there, trying to grasp onto whatever you can. I think your best bet now is to sit still, and move slowly. There is no benefit in rushing into things.

I recently had an upheaval of my religious 'status quo'. So I know what it's like to suddenly feel like you're missing something, that you should have been paying attn when you weren't, etc. And now, while I'm trying to sort things out, I've found the best answer is to move slowly. When I decided to change my daily practice, I sat with the gods (more like they sat with me), and we kind of cam to an 'agreement' that I needed to take a step back, so that I could sort things out, so that I could lay a foundation that will last. They understand that things change, and I think if you just let them know what is up, that they will understand. That if you acknowledge that they're there, and leave it at that, that that can be enough until you figure out what exactly you're doing.

Just my .02.

-Devo

dA | FB | LJ
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 16, 2011, 09:57:22 am »

I second a lot of what has already been said in this forum. I have been watching you for a while now- jumping from here to there, trying to grasp onto whatever you can. I think your best bet now is to sit still, and move slowly. There is no benefit in rushing into things.

Thirded.  It has been my experience that the gods are more than understanding when we take it slowly...but less so when we rush in and try to undertake tasks for which we are not ready.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 16, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

I'm sorry your knee still hurts.  Hope it feels better soon.

Me opening more statues, not going to happen anytime soon. I'm just meditating on Aset right now, and reading that book. Oh and there's no way in heck that I'm doing any of Richards rituals, they felt like they were far too advance. Oh I've started to get Archaeology magazine, which is pretty cool.
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: February 16, 2011, 10:07:20 am »

I recently had an upheaval of my religious 'status quo'. So I know what it's like to suddenly feel like you're missing something, that you should have been paying attn when you weren't, etc. And now, while I'm trying to sort things out, I've found the best answer is to move slowly. When I decided to change my daily practice, I sat with the gods (more like they sat with me), and we kind of cam to an 'agreement' that I needed to take a step back, so that I could sort things out, so that I could lay a foundation that will last. They understand that things change, and I think if you just let them know what is up, that they will understand. That if you acknowledge that they're there, and leave it at that, that that can be enough until you figure out what exactly you're doing.

Just my .02.

-Devo

Thanks for your seeds of wisdom, Devo. It's great to be back and talking to all of you. I'm not going to change anything on my page until I'm ready.
Utusitusi
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 04, 2011, 03:46:02 am
Belgium Belgium

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu

Blog entries (0)

Utusitusi

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 16, 2011, 10:30:13 am »

Also, IMHO, I see no reason why you cannot both worship in the Kemetic and in the Celtic pantheons.

Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: February 16, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »

Also, IMHO, I see no reason why you cannot both worship in the Kemetic and in the Celtic pantheons.

Thanks for your advice. Got a e-mail from Abaxion, telling me that Bridget is coming. My brother ordered me a Egyptian statue for Christmas and they told him a week before Christmas, after they sent out a shipping notice, that it was out-of-stock. Now it's almost March and I still don't have my statue that my brother ordered for me. He tried anything that I might like but nothing. Personally, and I told him this, don't ever go with them again.

Stupid moron idiots with the intellect of a shrimp. They don't keep their stock updated, they don't care to, and I don't think that's good business. 13moons is much better and they are on-time, unlike Abaxion.
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: February 16, 2011, 12:41:45 pm »

Me opening more statues, not going to happen anytime soon. I'm just meditating on Aset right now, and reading that book. Oh and there's no way in heck that I'm doing any of Richards rituals, they felt like they were far too advance. Oh I've started to get Archaeology magazine, which is pretty cool.

Speaking of books. I think I'm going to go insane when all books on are those e-readers. Like I have that kind of money to shell out. Give me paper anytime.
Nehet
Adept Member

Gravatar

Now 20% Cooler

Blog entries (11)

burning_tree

Ignore
« Reply #14: February 16, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »

Thanks for your advice. Got a e-mail from Abaxion, telling me that Bridget is coming. My brother ordered me a Egyptian statue for Christmas and they told him a week before Christmas, after they sent out a shipping notice, that it was out-of-stock. Now it's almost March and I still don't have my statue that my brother ordered for me. He tried anything that I might like but nothing. Personally, and I told him this, don't ever go with them again.

Stupid moron idiots with the intellect of a shrimp. They don't keep their stock updated, they don't care to, and I don't think that's good business. 13moons is much better and they are on-time, unlike Abaxion.

You said on another thread that you could use "Kemetic Wisdom" badly.  

Well, you asked for it: Think before you speak.

You have no idea what is going on with this online retailer.  Perhaps they're irresponsible and do not care.  Or, they can't afford to update their stock because their mother with no health insurance got cancer and they're struggling to pay the bills.  

Or, the manufacturer stopped making the statue.   Undecided

There are stories behind everything.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)