The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 15, 2021, 05:05:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2021, 05:05:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I Going Mental?  (Read 6943 times)
omoyemaya
Master Member
Last Login:April 13, 2011, 12:27:33 pm
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

Religion: Santeria and Boricua bohique path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: February 16, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

You said on another thread that you could use "Kemetic Wisdom" badly.  

Well, you asked for it: Think before you speak.

You have no idea what is going on with this online retailer.  Perhaps they're irresponsible and do not care.  Or, they can't afford to update their stock because their mother with no health insurance got cancer and they're struggling to pay the bills.  

Or, the manufacturer stopped making the statue.   Undecided

There are stories behind everything.

I'm going to have to be brash on this one and say that the vendors problems are not mine especially that in the situation described, it seems that the vendor didn't provide her sufficient details as to what caused the delay. She needed her product within an acceptable date, the service and product were not delivered satisfactorily (which should include a reasonable excuse after such a long time). When it comes to business, you need what you need and if the vendor can't deliver, you move on to somebody who can. Yeah there are stories for everything and you can put up with certain things, but in the end, you need what you need. Sorry for butting in on this one, but living in the Caribbean, just about everything has to be ordered, and I've had to deal with a lot of ineptness in business. After a while, excuses become equated with failure regardless of what they are.

Please help my babies with a click.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Setnakht
Journeyman
Last Login:December 07, 2011, 01:48:53 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kemetic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: February 16, 2011, 11:44:19 pm »

Stupid moron idiots with the intellect of a shrimp. They don't keep their stock updated, they don't care to, and I don't think that's good business. 13moons is much better and they are on-time, unlike Abaxion.
It's one thing to be disappointed by this situation, but your name-calling is really not called for. If you react to every minor setback in similar manner, you end up causing your own misery and upset. Nehet is right. Also, the ancient Egyptian sages often spoke very highly of the quiet person, and spoke disapprovingly of the loud, angry person.
Name-calling and insults neither help solve the problem nor help you keep control of
your passions. Obviously you're disappointed, but to invest so much emotion in the episode is not useful.
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:00:05 am

Religion: Celtic Reconstructionist/Hard Polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: February 17, 2011, 09:43:04 am »

You said on another thread that you could use "Kemetic Wisdom" badly.  

Well, you asked for it: Think before you speak.

You have no idea what is going on with this online retailer.  Perhaps they're irresponsible and do not care.  Or, they can't afford to update their stock because their mother with no health insurance got cancer and they're struggling to pay the bills.  

Or, the manufacturer stopped making the statue.   Undecided

There are stories behind everything.

Actually I asked them why they didn't update their stock and they told me quite plain and simple we only address out of stock items when someone orders them.
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: February 17, 2011, 09:49:29 am »

I'm going to have to be brash on this one and say that the vendors problems are not mine especially that in the situation described, it seems that the vendor didn't provide her sufficient details as to what caused the delay. She needed her product within an acceptable date, the service and product were not delivered satisfactorily (which should include a reasonable excuse after such a long time). When it comes to business, you need what you need and if the vendor can't deliver, you move on to somebody who can. Yeah there are stories for everything and you can put up with certain things, but in the end, you need what you need. Sorry for butting in on this one, but living in the Caribbean, just about everything has to be ordered, and I've had to deal with a lot of ineptness in business. After a while, excuses become equated with failure regardless of what they are.

Correct. They send out a shipping notice, making me believe that it's coming, and then three weeks later they send me a letter telling me that it's out of stock after they sent a notice saying that it was coming. My advice is that, and I've told them this, before you send the notice off to find out if the item is really in. I'm getting upset over this because ordered these things in December and it's Febuary and I probably won't start seeing half of it until March. They won't send me a tracking number and then they suddenly decide to deliver it by UPS nearly a month and a half ago after they told me that it's on it's way.

Like I've said I've dealt with 13moons and I've used UPS and they've always sent me a tracking number regardless of it being sent by UPS or USPS. The same with Azuregreen. If I think that I might have trouble with a statue or any item I can always call them up and there is a friendly and helpful person. They've kept me from wasting my money on items that they suddenly don't have or they tell me, in the e-mail, that they don't have it and hold a portion of my money until it comes in.

Plain and simple: Since I've been having trouble with them for a year now, making it look as though items are coming in and they don't, I'm not dealing with them anymore. When they do the same thing over and over again then the excuses don't matter anymore when they plain and simple don't want to do good business practice.
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #19: February 17, 2011, 01:14:56 pm »

Correct. They send out a shipping notice, making me believe that it's coming, and then three weeks later they send me a letter telling me that it's out of stock after they sent a notice saying that it was coming. My advice is that, and I've told them this, before you send the notice off to find out if the item is really in. I'm getting upset over this because ordered these things in December and it's Febuary and I probably won't start seeing half of it until March. They won't send me a tracking number and then they suddenly decide to deliver it by UPS nearly a month and a half ago after they told me that it's on it's way.

Like I've said I've dealt with 13moons and I've used UPS and they've always sent me a tracking number regardless of it being sent by UPS or USPS. The same with Azuregreen. If I think that I might have trouble with a statue or any item I can always call them up and there is a friendly and helpful person. They've kept me from wasting my money on items that they suddenly don't have or they tell me, in the e-mail, that they don't have it and hold a portion of my money until it comes in.

Plain and simple: Since I've been having trouble with them for a year now, making it look as though items are coming in and they don't, I'm not dealing with them anymore. When they do the same thing over and over again then the excuses don't matter anymore when they plain and simple don't want to do good business practice.

So, I have a question.  You've switched paths a couple of times in the past months, and you seem to be buying statues with each switch...only to end up not using them or giving them away.  Why do you keep spending the money?

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Sekhmet's Servant
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: February 17, 2011, 02:11:15 pm »

So, I have a question.  You've switched paths a couple of times in the past months, and you seem to be buying statues with each switch...only to end up not using them or giving them away.  Why do you keep spending the money?

Oh I haven't bought statues in some time. The Aset statue I bought two years ago and the Sekhmet statue I bought last year. It's my mother that keeps buying the statues. I was thinking about using them for decoration as my apartment that I share with my mother and brother really needs it...big time. I've been focusing my money on buying food right now, as you can't eat statues.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)