The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 19, 2020, 11:52:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2020, 11:52:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HOCKEY?  (Read 13992 times)
Waterfall
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am
United States United States

Religion: Lokean

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: May 29, 2011, 06:12:26 pm »

So the contenders for the Stanley Cup with be the Vancouver Canucks and the Boston Bruins, who edged out the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight 1-0 (after scoring with about 8 mins to go in the third!). Certainly going to be interesting to watch!

By the way, has anyone seen the Boston Pizza website? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy http://www.bostonpizza.com/en/Default.aspx

I remember seeing the "Boston Pizza" on the boards during the last Canucks game. Me and everyone else at the bar were confused since we never really thought Boston was known for pizza. We wanted to open a place called Denver Sushi or something.

I'll be cheering for the Bruins, but if the Canucks win, I won't be too horribly upset. On Tuesday, I'm going to be baking a Stanley Cup cake. Nothing like eight layers of cake taking up an entire refrigerator! Last year I made it towards the end, and we couldn't eat it all before the series was over. So this year, I'm baking it early and hoping it goes to game seven.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

spoOk
Master Member
Last Login:November 03, 2011, 01:16:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: June 03, 2011, 01:28:42 am »

I remember seeing the "Boston Pizza" on the boards during the last Canucks game. Me and everyone else at the bar were confused since we never really thought Boston was known for pizza. We wanted to open a place called Denver Sushi or something.

I'll be cheering for the Bruins, but if the Canucks win, I won't be too horribly upset. On Tuesday, I'm going to be baking a Stanley Cup cake. Nothing like eight layers of cake taking up an entire refrigerator! Last year I made it towards the end, and we couldn't eat it all before the series was over. So this year, I'm baking it early and hoping it goes to game seven.
with lots of awesome thick grey icing!

Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: June 05, 2011, 12:51:09 am »

with lots of awesome thick grey icing!

And a nice blue Canucks logo...

Vancouver wins 3-2 about 11 seconds into overtime... Go Canucks!
And seeing Manny Malhotra come out and play after that eye injury is just inspiring.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: June 08, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »

And a nice blue Canucks logo...

Vancouver wins 3-2 about 11 seconds into overtime... Go Canucks!
And seeing Manny Malhotra come out and play after that eye injury is just inspiring.

My team isn't being so inspiring right now...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: June 09, 2011, 02:00:43 am »

My team isn't being so inspiring right now...
third games a charm!
its like our kick in the ass.
next home game will be ours,it will be close,it will be tense and it will be fighty,but we will win.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: June 09, 2011, 03:44:28 am »

third games a charm!
its like our kick in the ass.
next home game will be ours,it will be close,it will be tense and it will be fighty,but we will win.

I just keep having to remind myself that it happened first round against Chicago. But I keep thinking when Luongo has a bad game, he has a really bad game. Not putting that all on him though.

Thomas though, he's an amazing Goalie.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #36: June 13, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »

Game 6 tonight.

Vancouver is leading the series 3-2 but lost both games they've played in Boston so far, and both games weren't just a regular old defeat, they were embarrassing defeats and hard to even watch.

Game 1: Vancouver wins 1-0 on home ice
Game 2: Vancouver wins 3-2 on home ice
Game 3: Vancouver loses 1-8 in Boston
Game 4: Vancouver loses 0-4 in Boston
Game 5: Vancouver wins 1-0 on home ice.

Game 6: Vancouver is playing in Boston again and the puck will be dropping very soon, I'm both excited and nervous. Vancouver could potentially win the Stanley cup tonight, or they may end up back in Vancouver for game 7 on Wednesday.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: June 16, 2011, 12:15:00 am »

Game 6 tonight.

Vancouver is leading the series 3-2 but lost both games they've played in Boston so far, and both games weren't just a regular old defeat, they were embarrassing defeats and hard to even watch.

Game 1: Vancouver wins 1-0 on home ice
Game 2: Vancouver wins 3-2 on home ice
Game 3: Vancouver loses 1-8 in Boston
Game 4: Vancouver loses 0-4 in Boston
Game 5: Vancouver wins 1-0 on home ice.

Game 6: Vancouver is playing in Boston again and the puck will be dropping very soon, I'm both excited and nervous. Vancouver could potentially win the Stanley cup tonight, or they may end up back in Vancouver for game 7 on Wednesday.

Vancouver lost game six 2-5 and tonight they lost game 7 0-4.

Now it's a repeat of 1994 when they lost in 7 against the New York Rangers... only difference being the Canucks were underdogs in 1994, and had to fight their way to the bitter end, this year they did so well in the regular season that it seems they didn't want to fight hard for it.

spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #38: June 16, 2011, 03:18:12 pm »

Vancouver lost game six 2-5 and tonight they lost game 7 0-4.

Now it's a repeat of 1994 when they lost in 7 against the New York Rangers... only difference being the Canucks were underdogs in 1994, and had to fight their way to the bitter end, this year they did so well in the regular season that it seems they didn't want to fight hard for it.

man the Canucks didn't even show up to game 7 ,what a lousy showing.
that was like a grade 7 kid having an arm wrestle with a grade 2 kid.
geeeez.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #39: June 16, 2011, 09:46:49 pm »

man the Canucks didn't even show up to game 7 ,what a lousy showing.
that was like a grade 7 kid having an arm wrestle with a grade 2 kid.
geeeez.

The worst part isn't the game, but the idiots that rioted after, burning cars, throwing stuff at the cops, stabbing people, busting store windows and looting stuff.

spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #40: June 17, 2011, 01:42:59 am »

The worst part isn't the game, but the idiots that rioted after, burning cars, throwing stuff at the cops, stabbing people, busting store windows and looting stuff.

yeah but honestly a lot of that was a combination of out of towners,people who were ready to start crap before the game even started,(im talking seriously planned it,werent even at the gsme orcwatching it)mob mentality,alcohol. all they needed was an excuse and a little bit of anonymity and someone else to start it for them.
it's the same as what happened with the fireworks and all the fights,people riding in on the sky train with two litre coke bottles full of booze,using the gathering as an excuse to party and get rowdy.

Nitz
Master Member
Canada Canada

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: June 17, 2011, 06:28:36 am »

yeah but honestly a lot of that was a combination of out of towners,people who were ready to start crap before the game even started,(im talking seriously planned it,werent even at the gsme orcwatching it)mob mentality,alcohol. all they needed was an excuse and a little bit of anonymity and someone else to start it for them.
it's the same as what happened with the fireworks and all the fights,people riding in on the sky train with two litre coke bottles full of booze,using the gathering as an excuse to party and get rowdy.

Yeah, I saw a number of jerk offs with signs saying stuff like "riot 2011" and "If the Canucks lose we riot"

The smartest ones though are the ones that posted what they did as a Facebook status along with pictures. There's a Facebook group dedicated to gathering evidence so they can turn it over to the cops.

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #42: June 17, 2011, 09:54:57 am »

Yeah, I saw a number of jerk offs with signs saying stuff like "riot 2011" and "If the Canucks lose we riot"

The smartest ones though are the ones that posted what they did as a Facebook status along with pictures. There's a Facebook group dedicated to gathering evidence so they can turn it over to the cops.

I will NEVER understand the people that put up Facebook photos of themselves committing crimes.

I mean .. WHAT?  I'm glad they're that stupid, because it makes catching them easy, but ... WHAT?

"look!  I just murdered someone!  here's the shot of me sticking an icepick in his brain!  Don't I look cool?"

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)