The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 18, 2021, 08:26:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 08:26:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's your speciality?  (Read 11321 times)
Shadoworker
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 12:53:48 am
United States United States

Religion: Agnostic Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 19, 2011, 05:04:13 pm »

Someone once told me that magic workers usually have an specific gift in some area. Is true? If so what's yours?
Herbs? Divination? Which method? Energy work? Spell work? Gemstones? Fairy work? Tell me.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

spoOk
Master Member
Last Login:November 03, 2011, 01:16:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 19, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »

Someone once told me that magic workers usually have an specific gift in some area. Is true? If so what's yours?
Herbs? Divination? Which method? Energy work? Spell work? Gemstones? Fairy work? Tell me.

I don't know if I have a specialty as I'm still learning in terms of spell work, but I would suppose it might be my tarot readings. I don't try hard at them and I still need to consult the book that comes with it,yet every reading I've given folks has either come true or effected them profoundly in a good way(so far). I did one reading and had my friend in tears,but she said it was all good and the reading was perfect,just what she needed. I just tell people my cards like me...lol.
I am a giant sceptic of things like ouiji boards,as far as the planchette moving itself and such,but I have honestly had instances of my cards showing up in the deck upside down. I always put the cards all the right way up before putting them away and before doing shuffling for a reading.
I still don't know how it happens,but I always make a point of checking the particular card out for meaning just in case.

Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 20, 2011, 02:34:31 am »

Runes and Hoodoo (an odd combo I know).  I would not say its really a gift, but those two are what I am most comfortable using.
Daralyn_Dahiana
Journeyman
Last Login:June 11, 2011, 03:59:44 pm

Religion: Rediscovering my path...

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 20, 2011, 08:20:23 am »

Writing spells. I don't necessarily perform them, but I am very good at writing them.

I also have had a calling to herbal work for years. There's a lot of research that goes into it and I haven't had the chance until recently, so I am now delving into it.

Communing with spirits. I've always been sensitive and seem to attract spirits wherever I live. I just consider this my "natural born" gift.

the witch formerly known as musinladi
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #4: February 20, 2011, 07:38:20 pm »

1. I can write spells easily, quickly, and without much thought.
2. I'm still learning herbs.
3. Tarot. And I am scarily accurate.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Thor
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 05:41:30 pm

Religion: Vanatru

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 25, 2011, 12:55:01 pm »

I feel drawn towards Rune magic such as Talisman and Runebinds.
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 26, 2011, 02:36:08 am »

Crystals. Crystals of any form, shape, size or state. I use them for everything I need to do practicing my Craft/Faith (call it what you will). I am best at energy work though. Crystals and gemstones have so much energy and are an amazing focus for more. (Not that I am at all enthusiastic about them.... Wink )

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Adare
Master Member
Last Login:April 22, 2012, 07:10:16 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 26, 2011, 10:40:58 am »

Tarot, I Ching (Yi Jing), and herbs. I love runes, but can't divine with them for beans..can do decent spellwork with them, however.

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
 -Thich Nhat Hahn

www.walkofthefallen.com
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 26, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »

In order of strongest speciality to weakest: curses*, sex magic, tarot, candle spells, and earth magic (herbs and stones).

*Most likely it's my strongest because it's the only magic where I ask for divine help.

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 26, 2011, 12:43:13 pm »

I don't have any gifts beyond natural curiosity and a willingness to learn.

Brina
Chatters
Apprentice
Last Login:April 28, 2011, 08:07:46 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Nature based - Pagan Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 26, 2011, 03:43:32 pm »

I don't have any gifts beyond natural curiosity and a willingness to learn.

Brina

We should always have this.

I haven't been on here for a while. been sooooo busy.

Heres mine

Tarot - its always so spot on and I don't even know why half the time,I am certain that this comes from outside of me as well as my energy.

Herbs - I love gardening and always use herbs and natural objects in spell work.

Mirror divination
shadowbird
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 09, 2011, 12:18:45 pm

Religion: Quaker-affiliated Chaotic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

shadow_bird

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 26, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »

I am really good at energy work, specifically aura scanning for things that are causing stress/need to be released. I'm good at cooking with magical intention. I'm getting better at Tarot/oracle card divination.
Adrianne Boudreau
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 28, 2011, 07:36:16 am

Religion: Eclectic Pagan leaning towards Old Dianic Witchcraft
TCN ID: AdrianneBoudreau

Not The Usual Girl You Take Home

Blog entries (0)

561374315 Adrianne Boudreau adrianneb78239

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 26, 2011, 04:19:06 pm »

I'm very good with coming up spells and chants in a moments notice. I tend to just say what in my heart, my intentions, and with the help of the goddess my spells tend to work pretty well for themselves. However, I'm still exploring, so I have yet to find out other than that what other things that I'm good at.

Utusitusi
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 04, 2011, 03:46:02 am
Belgium Belgium

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu

Blog entries (0)

Utusitusi

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 27, 2011, 08:22:47 pm »

Tarot - its always so spot on and I don't even know why half the time,I am certain that this comes from outside of me as well as my energy.

I agree. Since I've found spiritual stability, my skills at Tarot have increased scarily, I have an understanding now of the cards I pull that I never had before.
Apart from Tarot, I'm pretty good at defensive and protective spellwork.

Thorn
Adept Member
Last Login:September 05, 2012, 07:09:15 pm

Religion: Ecclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: March 28, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »

Herbs, Tarot.  On the rare occassions I've used actual spells (even ones from a book) they've worked remarkably well, just unexpectedly.

But I'm completely useless at anything that requires me to actually sense the energies I'm manipulating.  I think I might have an genuine blindness in that area.  I have to have faith that the energy is there and doing what I want it to, cause I can't feel a thing. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.