The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 25, 2021, 06:59:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2021, 06:59:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's your speciality?  (Read 11326 times)
violentsound
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:15:47 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Witch

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #15: April 10, 2011, 06:08:17 pm »

Someone once told me that magic workers usually have an specific gift in some area. Is true? If so what's yours?
Herbs? Divination? Which method? Energy work? Spell work? Gemstones? Fairy work? Tell me.

Tarot. Other forms of divination not so much - scrying just leaves me with eyestrain, palmistry I only use to amuse people at parties, and astrology seems far too complex. Tarot on the other hand I've been studying for nearly fifteen years now, so it's like an old friend.

When it comes to magic, I have often wished I was gifted with happy talents. Love magic, or money! But no. My specialty is uncrossing, and the flipside, hexing. I don't know if this is from natural inclination, or merely the fact that I've had more practice.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Rhapsody032590
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 11:38:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: April 29, 2011, 04:11:08 pm »

Someone once told me that magic workers usually have an specific gift in some area. Is true? If so what's yours?
Herbs? Divination? Which method? Energy work? Spell work? Gemstones? Fairy work? Tell me.

I believe that most magick workers have something that they excel at above other areas. I have i think my friend worked out the math once that i have about a 70% accuracy rating with most divination tools, though i cant do straght scrying to save my life, I'm best with tarot and rune casting. I'm a decent caster with most forms of love and domination magick.

though i couldn't  work a prosperity spell if my life depended on it
l6mmeleht
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 04, 2011, 09:13:52 am
Estonia Estonia

Religion: pagan mix

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: May 11, 2011, 08:34:19 am »

I've been studying divination systems for about 15 years now, so I guess I could read this to be my strength (tarot, daily divination ways). Some intuitive things, but those are more like flicks rather than what could be considered a talent, like knowing if someone is not coming over though they promised. My friends are gladly testing this on regular bases.

I’m completely useless when it comes to astronomy, divining dreams or working with gems (can’t seem to connect to them). Nor can I handle pendulums; they do my bidding and are thus unreliable when asked questions, yet for simple energy readings they work well.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it the Present.
blue
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 15, 2011, 01:09:01 pm

Religion: pantheist

*slightly otherworldly*

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: May 12, 2011, 02:35:56 pm »

words

"if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-albert einstein

"not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." -albert einstein

'somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.'-carl sagan

"blessed are the smile makers"-unknown
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: May 12, 2011, 03:24:37 pm »

words

(Words. lol, said using one ^_^)

I haven't done enough magic to know really, but my protective spells seem to work well.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Marjis
Last Login:February 13, 2012, 01:21:25 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Finnish paganism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: May 17, 2011, 02:42:52 am »

Definately divination. Mostly I use mirrors, but also tarot cards and sometimes runes. It's some kind of natural talent, since childhood I have been good at seeing things and too many times spooked other people. I also often get these visions called 'etiäinen'. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiäinen)

I'm also good at reading people, very sensitive to emotions and read easily non-verbal messages.

My mother has really scary talent, she feels when someone close to her dies. Three times I have been near her when that happens, and I have to say that those have been really scary moments.
Phoenixgoddess
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 17, 2011, 08:30:57 am
Australia Australia

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: June 14, 2011, 07:20:40 pm »

Divination with Tarot and runes
conjure hands especially the protective ones
energy work
spirit communication
healing

really useless at numerology! never did like math!

"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".
StormMcAwesome
Last Login:June 27, 2011, 07:06:07 pm

Religion: Animist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: June 16, 2011, 05:45:17 am »

I'm good at energy work, unfortunately this is less of a gift more of an adaptation as I tend not to make enough energy on my own o_O
Crystal magic and herbs as well.
I'm very, very earth-based in my magical workings.

A Rose by any other scent would look as sweet...
Ama
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 30, 2011, 01:49:50 am

Religion: spiritually in tune, not religiously loyal.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: June 17, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

I'd have to say that root telepathy is what came easieast. I was remote viewing and channeling and having "visions" as some say before I was even old enough to know what magick was. Also, now that I'm gradually expanding my knowledge and my ability, I've found that I really enjoy knot magick and charm enchantments. :]

Some have a style that they work hard to refine,
and so they walk a crooked line.
But she can't understand why anyone would try
to walk a line when they could fly.
Friskin
Apprentice
Last Login:July 13, 2011, 05:02:00 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Northern Tradition Shamanic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: June 25, 2011, 07:58:38 pm »

Runes and journeying are my two main disciplines. Although my readings are remarkably accurate, I consider runes and spirits to be seperate from myself, and therefore don't consider them to be "my" gift. I respect them, and consider them to have their own soul and destiny. I have never profited from reading or journeying, and only tend to do it for loved ones, or for my own spiritual fulfilment.

Having said that, my wife is jealous of my ability to have lucid dreams. I haven't had a nightmare in ages. I always realize I'm dreaming and take control. Monsters chasing me? I kick their A**. Falling from a great height? I shapeshift into something with wings. Someone takes something or someone who belongs to me? Take a look at what I did to the monsters.

I do consider this a gift, and I'm sure it helps with my journeying.
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #25: June 25, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »

Runes and journeying are my two main disciplines.

Do you have any books you would personally recommend on journeying, or is it something you just learned naturally? I have an interest in journeying, but don't have many resources on trying to see if I even have that ability (beyond Paxton's "Trance-portation", which is more inner journeying than outer.)

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Friskin
Apprentice
Last Login:July 13, 2011, 05:02:00 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Northern Tradition Shamanic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: June 26, 2011, 11:01:44 pm »

Do you have any books you would personally recommend on journeying, or is it something you just learned naturally? I have an interest in journeying, but don't have many resources on trying to see if I even have that ability (beyond Paxton's "Trance-portation", which is more inner journeying than outer.)

I just finished reading "Follow the Shaman's Call" by Mike Williams, and can't recommend it enough. The author knows his stuff, and it's a pretty good read. Also, if you are planning on working with animal totems, I recommend "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews. It's a good resource to have in your library, even for looking up animals you may come across in your mundane life and want to know more about in a more esoteric sense.

As for journeying, keep in mind that what an author says you should see may not be your experience at all.

My first journey was to meet my power animal. The books give vivid descriptions of descending down a tunnel, into a field or clearing, and waiting for a sign. I laid there, frustrated, listening to the drumming, thinking "why isn't this working? should I be pretending to see these things, or what? man, this is boring..." Then suddenly, my body went rigid, and I had this vision of falling very quickly, face first, through darkness, then WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! It was like I was falling through canopys of fur and feathers, then suddenly, the face of my power animal was inches from my own. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and the drumming call back started. My whole body relaxed, and I felt like a diver coming back to the surface.

I'm telling you this so that you don't get discouraged if your first journeys don't go exactly as the books say. My first didn't, and I'm proud to say that I've been working with that animal guide for several years now. Just know that your experience is legitimate for you, no matter what it may be.

Also, when you meet your totem, work on building a relationship with it, and let it guide you. You'll learn more from experience than from any book.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.