The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 28, 2020, 11:06:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2020, 11:06:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Animistic Communication (or, How To Talk To Rocks)  (Read 16204 times)
Quark Kent
Apprentice
Last Login:June 16, 2011, 09:06:42 am
United States United States

Religion: Quantum Tantrist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: June 09, 2011, 09:03:43 am »

Knowing what will work for, or better yet, with you is absolutely vital, IMO. There are some stones that I can't work with, mainly because they don't 'feel' right to me. Others I can do absolutely anything with, even though most books say that I shouldn't be able to do any of it at all because 'that isn't what this crystal is used for'. Pffft! I do hate when I'm told that I can't do something that I know damn well that I can.
From the perspective of my tradition, this makes perfect sense when one realizes that the physical structure doesn’t make a difference when you’re at the level of quarks and bosons, which is where I believe the orgone energy affects physical matter.  All the energy you feel from the rock would actually be your own energy resonating at the subatomic level with whatever mass you’re focused on.  So I feel the real question that a person should ask themselves when they are faced with an object where they can’t feel resonance is, “what sexually repressed blocks do I have inside myself that are preventing the natural flow of orgone to conform to my will that is preventing me from carrying out my intentions and creating a dead space in my existence and increasing negation?” and if I ask myself that question I can take a step closer to finding an increase of power flow.

"The few bad poems which occasionally are created during abstinence are of no great interest." -W.R.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #46: June 09, 2011, 09:09:54 am »

In your tradition, are all/most of these blocks sexual in nature? Or to rephrase it, are most energetic problems considered to result from sexual blocks?

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #47: June 09, 2011, 09:13:45 am »

From the perspective of my tradition, this makes perfect sense when one realizes that the physical structure doesn’t make a difference when you’re at the level of quarks and bosons, which is where I believe the orgone energy affects physical matter.  All the energy you feel from the rock would actually be your own energy resonating at the subatomic level with whatever mass you’re focused on.  So I feel the real question that a person should ask themselves when they are faced with an object where they can’t feel resonance is, “what sexually repressed blocks do I have inside myself that are preventing the natural flow of orgone to conform to my will that is preventing me from carrying out my intentions and creating a dead space in my existence and increasing negation?” and if I ask myself that question I can take a step closer to finding an increase of power flow.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. I believe that all things have their own energy. If I feel energy from a crystal, it is the crystal's and not mine. Also, why does there have to be sexually repressed blocks stopping me doing things? What has sexual repression to do with this at all?

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
Quark Kent
Apprentice
Last Login:June 16, 2011, 09:06:42 am

Religion: Quantum Tantrist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #48: June 09, 2011, 11:10:28 am »

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. I believe that all things have their own energy. If I feel energy from a crystal, it is the crystal's and not mine. Also, why does there have to be sexually repressed blocks stopping me doing things? What has sexual repression to do with this at all?

I refuse to argue with you regarding your religious beliefs, as that would be rude; not to mention that a previous thread regarding the specifics of my own tradition soon devolved into messiness and acrimony.

I have already posted a detailed description of the beliefs of my tradition, so I won’t go into it again—suffice it to say that I believe in both Reichian and Maithunan ideas, and I believe they occur at the level prior to decoherence.  I trust that should be sufficient to answer your questions regarding energy flow and repression.

"The few bad poems which occasionally are created during abstinence are of no great interest." -W.R.
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #49: June 09, 2011, 11:24:53 am »

I refuse to argue with you regarding your religious beliefs, as that would be rude; not to mention that a previous thread regarding the specifics of my own tradition soon devolved into messiness and acrimony.

I have already posted a detailed description of the beliefs of my tradition, so I won’t go into it again—suffice it to say that I believe in both Reichian and Maithunan ideas, and I believe they occur at the level prior to decoherence.  I trust that should be sufficient to answer your questions regarding energy flow and repression.

I am not asking you to argue. I was merely stating that I see things differently.

I also have to say that no, I'm afraid it really doesn't answer my questions. I don't see how it applies to the energy of a crystal. Are you saying that I am not actually getting anything from the crystal that I am using at any time, that it is all from me? That if I get nothing, it is myself and some form of sexual repression that is causing it? I am not trying to be offensive- I am trying to understand your point of view.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
monsnoleedra
Journeyman
Last Login:July 24, 2011, 06:48:39 am

Religion: Shamanic & Hedgewitch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #50: June 09, 2011, 12:45:04 pm »

Digging this thread up because I'm interested in working more with stones and herbs, but I get frustrated with the whole communication bit. I think my problem is two-fold: I don't think my worldview is quite animistic enough atm to support any amount of conversation (though given the fact I've shifted from Christian to atheist to polytheist over the years, I've accepted that anything can change Grin), and I have a really hard time sensing energy or believing in my own perceptions.  ..

For me I tend to use the concept of "Manitou".  It is a term used by the Algonquian Groups of Native Americans.  Basically it is implies that all things, whether natural or manmade, have a spirit contained within that is contactable.  When a shamanic practioner works with their allies it is contacting and utilizing that spirit or Manitou that enables them to do things or achieve good results.

Yet it is also a bit more than that.  For instance when I hold an igneous rock I almost always get a burning sensation that runs through the hand holding the rock and up my arm.  Yet when I hold a sedimentary rock its always cold but I get a taste of dirt and grit in my mouth.  Metamorphic rocks tend to alternate for me from a hot flash to a cold sensation.  Crystals tend to vary though one with a heavy iron content or copper influence make me taste blood.

But the stone people are difficult to speak to as a norm for me.  In part because they take so darn long to say something.   When you figure humanity is a creature that lives not even a hundred years as a norm and a stone person has memories back to geologic periods that are millions of years old time holds no true meaning to them.

The Green People are a bit easier to work with.  Yet they to cause problems for me in that most of thier language is imagery.  It plays out on the third eye region and to me is like looking at flash cards.  Snow and cold is sleep or rest, Rain or mist is drinking, time is measured by differing things.  Yet they also use flash images that seem really distorted.  For instance I was sitting beneath this one tree, apple if I recall correctly, and kept getting this image that was really surreal.  Nothing matched what was before my eyes, yet it was an older tree.  Ironically I happened to find some old photo's of the area from the 1940's time frame and it showed that same place.  the image I had gotten from that tree was a memory from the 1940's when it was surrounded by many other things.

Sometimes though it gets complicated when your dealing with a living thing for many of the green people speak to one another.  As such you might get an image of a message the tree or plant has gotten on the wind from some place that is miles away.

I do admit though that most of the interaction is seldom a physical one though it can happen.  I was working with some weeping willows when I was suddenly being carresed by the hanging fronds.  A couple of my friends stood there starring and telling me it looked like the tree litteraly reached out and wrapped itself about me.  Other times it's a smell or scent that suddenly fills the air or the presence of a scent that really gets strong and just surrounds you.  It's sort of like being in a patch of mint, you smell it but it's really subdued.  Yet step on it or break a piece off and the air is suddenly intense and heavy with the aroma of the plant.  With many evergreen's its the smell of sap that tends to get real strong, to the point where you actually may feel sticky yourself from it.

With the stone people you may also get the aroma or scents.  The heavy smell of sulphur from some igneous rocks for instance.  The literal smell of chalk from some of them.  Others its a feeling that you get, some are smooth even though they look rough.  Some you hold them in your hands and suddenly become aware of the small ridges that make them up and reveal the break lines and fault lines in their construction.  Others its the razor sharp ridges that suddenly open up your finger but you look at it and simply can not find the edge that cut you.

Minerals and crystal tend to feel different to me though.  Harder to put into words as to how they respond to you.  It's like working with some crystals is like looking at the world through a klidescope as the images constantly shift and swirl, especially as you roll them in your hands.  Some of them feel as if they move in your hands and you know that even though they are seperated from the earth that gave them form it is still forming and shaping them.

I know this probably sounds crazy or simply causes more issues but it is how I personaly see and work with the various "Manitou" of the Green and Stone Peoples.
Nitz
Master Member
Last Login:March 01, 2012, 08:03:19 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Animist Warlock

Aaarf

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #51: June 09, 2011, 02:19:50 pm »

I am not asking you to argue. I was merely stating that I see things differently.

I also have to say that no, I'm afraid it really doesn't answer my questions. I don't see how it applies to the energy of a crystal. Are you saying that I am not actually getting anything from the crystal that I am using at any time, that it is all from me? That if I get nothing, it is myself and some form of sexual repression that is causing it? I am not trying to be offensive- I am trying to understand your point of view.

I would like to know that too, I was thinking about learning a bit about orgone energy, but the way Quark Kent talks about it is making me rethink that idea.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
mhorighan
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 24, 2011, 03:33:17 pm

Religion: Gnostic Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #52: June 09, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »

I tried to understand Quantum physics by watching What The Bleep Do We Know but I got all kinds of confused. 

I very much believe that... I believe that quantum physics basically proves that everything has some sort of spirit or life in it.  (It's fuzzy, but it makes sense in my mind. Wink)

Thanks for the advice.  Continue on in Talk-to-Rocks mode if you've got more.  Wink
Ellen M.
Adept Member
Last Login:February 17, 2013, 08:34:24 pm

Religion: ADF - UU - eclectic Wiccan - devotee of Brighid

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

Blog entries (0)

Ellen MacInnis lellenator

Ignore
« Reply #53: June 09, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »

I know this probably sounds crazy or simply causes more issues but it is how I personaly see and work with the various "Manitou" of the Green and Stone Peoples.

Not crazy at all - it was actually very enlightening. Thank you for the food for thought. Smiley

Sage and Starshine: My new Pagan blog about Druidry, witchcraft, Brighid, and everything in between. -- 14th post 6/1/11
StormMcAwesome
Last Login:June 27, 2011, 07:06:07 pm

Religion: Animist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #54: June 16, 2011, 05:07:38 am »

This reminds me of a stone I brought back with me after climbing a mountain once.  We went to Heber Springs, Arkansas because we took a map and scryed for where we should go.
Well, the whole place had a kind of energy to it, like the spirits of everything there were singing.  It was a tiny little town settled in a valley, surrounded by beautiful forests and fields.  We climbed a small mountain right outside the town and felt like we were part of the spirit world, really connected to everything.  I could feel the entire world around me.
When we got to the top, I found this rock.  It's an ordinary rock, probably ugly by most people's standards, but it was communicating with me so clearly, we connected, the rock and I, I cleaned it off and just stared at it for a while, learning about it, talking to it without speaking.
Well, the rock lives in my medicine bag now, still singing to me.  I hadn't ever really connected to anything that wasn't living in the traditional sense [animal, plant, etc] before, despite already being an animist.  After climbing that mountain, my beliefs were so strengthened.  I haven't found a place like that again.  Don't get me wrong, I hated the rest of Arkansas, but, to me, on top of that little mountain in Arkansas is the most beautiful place in the world, it helped me learn to connect with all things, not just the things we can see growing and changing.
I think that's what animism is about.  I think we should strive for that connection.

A Rose by any other scent would look as sweet...
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 07:33:31 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #55: June 16, 2011, 10:42:59 pm »

Hi, StormMcAwesome,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
jedmehdu
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:40:53 am

Religion: neo-pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #56: June 28, 2011, 02:51:40 am »

If you're not so good at conversing with rocks - particularly, if you're not so good at listening to them... Sunflower

OMG - years ago I was hiking with friends in the Blue Ridge mountains and as we neared the top of a mountain, there was a smooth-sided boulder, roughly 7 feet or so in diameter next to the path, and I had the strongest urge to give it a hug!  And take it home with me!  Of course I didn't, I mean tree-hugging is one thing, but a rock?  Anyway, wow!  I haven't thought about that in years.  Thanks, all!
JM

"...But I know every rock and tree and creature/has a life, has a spirit, has a name..." - Pocahontas (1995)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #57: July 02, 2011, 05:20:27 am »

Of course I didn't, I mean tree-hugging is one thing, but a rock? 
lol, but 'rock-hugger' has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  Cheesy

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)