The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 15, 2019, 12:25:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 12:25:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Summoning Unfamiliar Entities  (Read 10276 times)
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: June 16, 2007, 12:19:10 pm »

Undecided Ok, I've been quietly sitting on my hands as I've followed the Goetia Demons post and decided to start a more general thread on the subject that will allow everyone who wants to weigh in to do so.

So here it is:

Let's discuss summoning unfamiliar or unknown entities (demons, angels, spirits, fairies, etc) for the purposes of doing our bidding.  I don't mean calling on deities for assistance or invoking the help of an entity known or familiar to you.  I'm talking demanding the presence of something which you have no personal experience with ("I read about xxx in a book, so I think I'll try summoning it for help" type of thing).

So where do you weigh in on the subject? Good idea or bad idea? Do you or would you do it? Why or why not?   

Secondly, for those who have summoned (or plan to summon) unknown entities:
What, if any, ethical rules would you apply in doing so?  What limitations or boundaries do you set for yourself (I will summon x but not y, etc)?  What is your attitude toward the entity being summoned?  What made you decide to summon something rather than using an alternative method to accomplish what needed to be done?

Let's talk... I know there are at least a couple of people with strong opinions on the subject.  Here's your chance to express them!  Cheesy

(To clarify the vocabulary Wink summoning is = 'get your butt downhere and do as I say'?)
Never did that, never will.
Neither I would use unknown language or symbols.

I invite - politly - some helpers. Sometimes a gooddess I havn't worked with yet - always listening to my gut feeling if that would be alright. At the very start, being a little witchling Wink, everything was 'unknown', but I consider myself lucky that those beings were helpful and friendy and now I've known them for years and trust them like old friends.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. Thatís what people never really understood.Ö.Things had to balance. You couldnít set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)