The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 13, 2021, 06:42:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 13, 2021, 06:42:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: crystal cleaning and a weird thing happened.....  (Read 5583 times)
spoOk
Master Member
Last Login:November 03, 2011, 01:16:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: pagan?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 28, 2011, 03:42:20 am »

I really didn't know how to title this thread.
but anyhow,so I had placed all my stones and crystals into a dish of black salt and was removing and dusting them off the next day to put them into a seasalt bath. whilst dusting off the stones I had three of them jump out of my fingers and plop onto the table. all three were obsidian,two snowflake and one regular black polished and rounded obsidian piece.
they just like popped out of my hand and tried to I dunno make a break for it?
one landed right back in the dish.
I was just wondering if anyone thought this might mean anything.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am
United States United States

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: March 01, 2011, 09:16:41 am »

I am guessing that they simply slipped out of your hand OR it may be possible that there might have been cracks in the stones already and perhaps the salt water simply expanded them enough and made them react in a way that made it look like it was jumping.

spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 01, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

I am guessing that they simply slipped out of your hand OR it may be possible that there might have been cracks in the stones already and perhaps the salt water simply expanded them enough and made them react in a way that made it look like it was jumping.
no this was before the salt water,when I was dusting off the black salt.
and out of over 20 stones it was just these three.

Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 02, 2011, 10:57:01 pm »

I really didn't know how to title this thread.
but anyhow,so I had placed all my stones and crystals into a dish of black salt and was removing and dusting them off the next day to put them into a seasalt bath. whilst dusting off the stones I had three of them jump out of my fingers and plop onto the table. all three were obsidian,two snowflake and one regular black polished and rounded obsidian piece.
they just like popped out of my hand and tried to I dunno make a break for it?
one landed right back in the dish.

I would look at the rational reasons first, but it could be possible that the stones wanted more time in the black salt. Or, after being cleansed in the black salt the stones were unwilling to go through another ceansing process.

Snowflake obsidian makes very pretty runes and pendulums too, in my opinion.

I would hold those three stones and listen intuitively for anything they might be trying to tell you.

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 03, 2011, 05:12:20 am »

I would look at the rational reasons first, but it could be possible that the stones wanted more time in the black salt. Or, after being cleansed in the black salt the stones were unwilling to go through another ceansing process.

Snowflake obsidian makes very pretty runes and pendulums too, in my opinion.

I would hold those three stones and listen intuitively for anything they might be trying to tell you.
thanks,I will do that.

r2squared
Journeyman
Last Login:July 15, 2011, 11:52:35 am

Religion: not sure yet

Blog entries (0)

Timothy Bloodworth

Ignore
« Reply #5: April 15, 2011, 04:43:55 pm »

I've heard that if a stone or tarot card jumps out of your hand, that it's an omen of some sort. Whether it's good or bad I do not know.

I'm on the right track, baby.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: April 15, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

Personally, I suspect you just dropped a couple of the stones.   Smiley  Obsidian is usually pretty smooth and can be slippery, since it's a kind of glass.

One note of caution:  Salt, especially salt water, can badly damage some stones.  There are other cleansing methods that are better for the stones, but it's a good idea to become familiar with the physical characteristics of your specific stones.  Sunlight can cause some to fade or lose their color completely, and even plain water can dissolve some stones.

A lot of people who work with the metaphysical properties of stones recommend cleansing them by putting them in contact with selenite, ideally laying them on a large piece of selenite and leaving them there for a day or two.  I have no opinion about the efficacy of that method, but at least it won't damage the stones.   Wink

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
quiet pagan
Last Login:July 24, 2011, 09:44:26 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 15, 2011, 11:09:29 pm »

One note of caution:  Salt, especially salt water, can badly damage some stones.  There are other cleansing methods that are better for the stones, but it's a good idea to become familiar with the physical characteristics of your specific stones.  Sunlight can cause some to fade or lose their color completely, and even plain water can dissolve some stones.

A lot of people who work with the metaphysical properties of stones recommend cleansing them by putting them in contact with selenite, ideally laying them on a large piece of selenite and leaving them there for a day or two.  I have no opinion about the efficacy of that method, but at least it won't damage the stones.   Wink

~ Aster

I recently discovered this method of clearing crystals  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5b9uD7JFhE&feature=related  and find it quick and effective.  Have also been experimenting with placing them in my Tibetan singing bowls and using the bowls' vibrations to clear them.  Again, this seems to be very effective.  Enjoyable, too!
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 16, 2011, 02:43:48 am »

Personally, I suspect you just dropped a couple of the stones.   Smiley  Obsidian is usually pretty smooth and can be slippery, since it's a kind of glass.

~ Aster

Personally I use a large piece of clear quartz to cleanse my crystals. It works for me every time without fail! Or, if I am on the move, I draw the negative energies from the crystal, pull it through me and down into the earth. Not quite as effective as a full cleansing, but it still does remarkably well, especially for jewellery. If neither of these work for you, try passing them through the smoke of your favourite incense. That works too.

I avoid water or sunlight to cleanse stones, even though I know which of my crystals can be cleansed that way. I'd rather cleanse them all in the same way. Balances the energies better IMO.

Hope this helps.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
spoOk
Master Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: April 16, 2011, 02:59:54 am »

I recently discovered this method of clearing crystals  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5b9uD7JFhE&feature=related  and find it quick and effective.  Have also been experimenting with placing them in my Tibetan singing bowls and using the bowls' vibrations to clear them.  Again, this seems to be very effective.  Enjoyable, too!
hrm...I think I prefer the water method,I like the idea of using each of the elements in it's own way to purify and decontaminate the stones. also,not all of them are crystals. I don't know if that makes a matter to the sound method working or not.

also to the person who posted about the colours fading,my stones never see the light of day,I only ever charge them with moon light or dark of moon energy.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: April 16, 2011, 03:19:07 pm »

I think I prefer the water method

Just make sure none of the stones you're working with dissolve in water.   Smiley

~ Aster

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)