The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 18, 2021, 10:34:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2021, 10:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: crystal cleaning and a weird thing happened.....  (Read 5612 times)
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 16, 2011, 02:43:48 am »

Personally, I suspect you just dropped a couple of the stones.   Smiley  Obsidian is usually pretty smooth and can be slippery, since it's a kind of glass.

One note of caution:  Salt, especially salt water, can badly damage some stones.  There are other cleansing methods that are better for the stones, but it's a good idea to become familiar with the physical characteristics of your specific stones.  Sunlight can cause some to fade or lose their color completely, and even plain water can dissolve some stones.

A lot of people who work with the metaphysical properties of stones recommend cleansing them by putting them in contact with selenite, ideally laying them on a large piece of selenite and leaving them there for a day or two.  I have no opinion about the efficacy of that method, but at least it won't damage the stones.   Wink

~ Aster

Personally I use a large piece of clear quartz to cleanse my crystals. It works for me every time without fail! Or, if I am on the move, I draw the negative energies from the crystal, pull it through me and down into the earth. Not quite as effective as a full cleansing, but it still does remarkably well, especially for jewellery. If neither of these work for you, try passing them through the smoke of your favourite incense. That works too.

I avoid water or sunlight to cleanse stones, even though I know which of my crystals can be cleansed that way. I'd rather cleanse them all in the same way. Balances the energies better IMO.

Hope this helps.

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)